[F8331] Change stock firmware for a better LTE signal

Search This thread

Sean_Droid

Oct 11, 2018
Hi everybody,
I'm new here, I have bought my first sony (used) but I notice that the LTE signal is so poor specially indoor. The seller hasn't saw me that the firmware is an UK fw also I live in italy, infact, after a little research, I noticed that there is a carrier's app called EE and the fw version installed is of EE carrier's. The phone is sim unlock. There isn't root and I haven't unlook the bootloader.
My questions are:
- Can I change the stock uk firmware putting in an Italian stock firmware?
- Can I change it without root and without unlook the bootloader?
- How?
- Is there a guide that I can follow?
- Can I change the CSC for preserve the ota upgrade? How? I'd like to change fw preserving OTA update.
I don't wanna unlock the bootloader and root the phone cause I don't want lose the DRM licenses (widevine specially). I'm not interested to rooting or make any modding.
I'd like to put a stock room without bloat apps and with a strong lte signal.
Here the Info about the phone:

F8331
Android 8.0
Phone Software Version: 1302-9157_41.3.A.2.171
Global-LTE3A
Generic-41.3.a.2.171
S1 Boot version: 1299-4832 S1_BOOT_MSM8996_LA2.0_O_204
BASEBAND: 8996-8996.gwn.prodQ-00070-40
Customization version: 1305-7307R8E

Codes phone for CSC doesn't work.

Thanks y for the support

P.s.
Here a link to some pics about the phone:
4shared.com/s/dipBSZcFc

Last edited:

LoaderFabi

Mar 21, 2015
Munich
fablos.net
I think it should be possible to just Flash another Regions Firmware via Androxydes Flashtool.
No need for unlock as long as u have any offical fw (XperiFirm comes with Flashtool and downloads offical files)

But I may be wrong tho, this just came to my mind in the first moment

Sean_Droid

Oct 11, 2018
I think it should be possible to just Flash another Regions Firmware via Androxydes Flashtool.
No need for unlock as long as u have any offical fw (XperiFirm comes with Flashtool and downloads offical files)

But I may be wrong tho, this just came to my mind in the first moment

Thanks you LoaderFabi for the suggest, so I will waiting for a confirmation about that.
Meanwhile can y tell me a link to a guide and download the tool?
Anyway, thanks again ?

Sean_Droid

Oct 11, 2018
You can flash any region's firmware without unlocking the bootloader. You need Xperifirm to download the firmware, and Flashtool to flash it.

Ok, and about the OTA's update? Will it be automatically? Or do I have something about? And how?
Can you link me a guide to flash the fw and, eventually, to do something about OTA's update?
Thanks

Kuarinfou

Dec 14, 2014
Ok, and about the OTA's update? Will it be automatically? Or do I have something about? And how?
Can you link me a guide to flash the fw and, eventually, to do something about OTA's update?
Thanks

Since it's an official firmware, you always get updates OTA (i think XZ will no longer get updates but no need to worry). I didn't see any guide to flash, i'll probably today write a guide to flash firmwares.

Sean_Droid

Oct 11, 2018
Since it's an official firmware, you always get updates OTA (i think XZ will no longer get updates but no need to worry). I didn't see any guide to flash, i'll probably today write a guide to flash firmwares.

Thanks y so much Kuarinfou, I will waiting for your guide. I don't remember where I red in this forum about the CSC and that it could not change also flashing a stock fw bringing the OTA's issue... Probably I remember wrong ?
Anyway, Quote me when you will do it.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone