F8331 / Kagura and LineageOS? Best current F8331 ROM?

Search This thread

dieselnutjob

Jul 13, 2012
I have quite a few devices which appear on the LineageOS site as "no longer officially supported", such as the BQ paella device.
With these devices (quite annoyingly) you can't download images anymore and have to go and hunt for them on archive sites, but at least you can still build it yourself.
In fact I think it would be possible for someone to take on such a device and resurrect it.

The Kagura doesn't even appear on the unsupported list. Was it never supported by Lineage? I'm a bit surprised by this.

What is the best, most stable Lineage based ROM out there? preferably Lineage based? Is there one with source code available?

My son's one is acting up. It doesn't respond to inbound phone calls, and on querying the network for call forward status it says "SIM error". Putting the SIM into a different phone works perfectly so I think Sony has messed up something.

I think it's time for a custom ROM. 8.0 based is fine. It just needs to work.
I have compiled/built from source for other devices so I'm not frightened to do so with this one.

Any suggestions?

dieselnutjob

Jul 13, 2012
For the time being I won't be able to put a custom ROM on this
I followed these instructions https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader
at the end of the instructions "Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked."

I have "Bootloader unlock allowed: No"

For the time being I won't be able to put a custom ROM on this
I followed these instructions https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader
at the end of the instructions "Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked."

I have "Bootloader unlock allowed: No"

Then there is no way to unlock your phone

dieselnutjob

Jul 13, 2012
Then there is no way to unlock your phone

I suspect that it's because it's operator SIM locked.
Apparently I can unlock it myself with a tool called qunlocktool, but when I downloaded it my antivirus got quite excited.
I will contact the operator next week and ask them to unlock it. I had this phone from new so I think that they have to.

I suspect that it's because it's operator SIM locked.
Apparently I can unlock it myself with a tool called qunlocktool, but when I downloaded it my antivirus got quite excited.
I will contact the operator next week and ask them to unlock it. I had this phone from new so I think that they have to.

In my country (Poland) local provider doesnt allow to unlock the phone bootloader even after sim unlocking (also the charges are high) :p

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone