F916U AT&T Odin Firmware Links

Search This thread

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
For those who don't know, F916U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Galaxy Z Fold2 5G. The F916U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

These files that I'm posting are used for converting from one carrier's U firmware to AT&T's, or from U1 firmware back to U firmware with AT&T features and bloat. These are much tougher to find than other carriers' files due to AT&T's policy against public hosting of their firmware files - they can't be obtained from SamFirm or Frija or SamMobile. But I pay for a subscription to a site that gets AT&T files, and also sometimes gets other carriers' firmware files before they hit SamFirm/Frija, so that's where my files come from.

So I'll be uploading at least one USERDATA for each bootloader version, and I'll do the full firmware (for at least one build per bootloader level) if AT&T was the only carrier to get that specific build.

Since firmware is universal on U models, for a full flash you can use the other 4 Odin files (BL, AP, CP, CSC) from any other firmware of the same build - and you can almost always obtain what you need via SamFirm/Frija or AFH or SamMobile (if you have a premium subscription). You can probably even mix and match builds (as long as the Android version is the same), if you can't find files for the exact same build. You can't mix and match bootloaders though, so the other 4 files have to at least be from the same bootloader level.

Happy flashing!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=318293

NOTES:

- Please don't quote the OP when replying, kthx

- I compress extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- I won't be providing detailed instructions on how to flash files in Odin. If you're not aware of how to do that, there are countless "beginner's guide to Odin flashing"-type threads here on XDA already

- My naming method for AFH folders is: build - bootloader - Android version.

So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- the correct procedure for switching from one carrier's firmware to another is:

1. Flash full U1 firmware package including non HOME CSC
2. Upon boot, insert a SIM of the carrier whose firmware you want
3. Watch for the popup that says "reboot to apply new carrier settings" etc, and do it
4. After that restart completes, reboot back to Download mode and flash the full U firmware package, with the USERDATA file of the carrier whose firmware you want

- USERDATAs for any other CSCs/regions can be gotten from SamFirm or Frija - for the latest version. If you need an old USERDATA for a CSC/region that's not commonly found, let me know and I can probably get it

- For identifying USERDATAS, and to know what region/CSC to use in SamFirm/Frija:

AIO = Cricket (not available via SamFirm/Frija)
ATT = AT&T (not available via SamFirm/Frija)
BST = Boost Mobile
CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
CHA = Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
SPR = Sprint
TMB = T-Mobile
TMK = Metro PCS
USC = US Cellular
VZW = Verizon (available via SamFirm/Frija, but Manual Entry is required - Auto will not work)
XAA = U1 firmware

Last edited:
Reactions: ranamandal018

bigfire

Feb 25, 2004
FYI, this file will appear corrupted if you try to use the built in Windows zip extraction. I was only able to extract it with 7-zip.

S

Saucin

USERDATA_ATT_F916USQU1ATHC_CL19402458_QB33500657_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.zip

What part of this can I use on my Galaxy Fold 2 5G f900u?

Dec 23, 2019
So, I forget because I don't do it often but.....If my phone is Samsung factory unlocked, I'll lose all my data right? I can't just flash home csc to get wifi calling?

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
"Happy flashing", my butt.
What a waste of time!
After following all instructions to the letter in both this thread's OP and this one: https://xdaforums.com/samsung-galax...axy-z-fold-2-odin-launch-firmware-sm-t4161413

Upon first boot I inserted the SIM and DIDN'T GET THE POP-UP described above.
I got a fresh phone with Spanish as the default language, (easily changed it to US English) and THERE'S NO AT&T ANYTHING ON IT!
No WiFi calling, No Visual Voicemail.

BTW, I did it ALL TWICE, just in case I missed something.

Back to my original plan, swapping main boards.

Spanish doesn't come as the default language on ANY U or U1 firmware. I have no idea what firmware you flashed, but you need to go talk to whoever posted it about the janky firmware that they're putting on XDA

bigfire

Feb 25, 2004
Spanish doesn't come as the default language on ANY U or U1 firmware. I have no idea what firmware you flashed, but you need to go talk to whoever posted it about the janky firmware that they're putting on XDA

Actually, I had the same problem with this firmware. As the poster says, it booted to Spanish (which I was able to set back to English), and without any hint of it being an ATT phone (no logo, no carrier features). I spent an evening working on it, and finally just got frustrated and sent the phone back for a refund. I'm a reasonably educated user, and was successful doing the same thing to a Note 20 Ultra, but was unable to get it to work with the Fold.

I'd really like to see it working though. If I could get it to work, I'd go back to the phone.

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Actually, I had the same problem with this firmware. As the poster says, it booted to Spanish (which I was able to set back to English), and without any hint of it being an ATT phone (no logo, no carrier features). I spent an evening working on it, and finally just got frustrated and sent the phone back for a refund. I'm a reasonably educated user, and was successful doing the same thing to a Note 20 Ultra, but was unable to get it to work with the Fold.

I'd really like to see it working though. If I could get it to work, I'd go back to the phone.
You'll have to talk to whoever posted the firmware then

bigfire

Feb 25, 2004
If I wind up going back to the phone I'll document my approach. It's been long enough I don't want to cause confusion with possible misreporting.

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Yes, your contribution is the Spanish, (god knows who's, but not AT&T's) data partition.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Have a mod do the community a favor.
Have you verified that the problem is with my file, by doing a clean flash of the other firmware files that you downloaded and not flashing my USERDATA?

nunyabiziz

Jul 5, 2007
Have you verified that the problem is with my file, by doing a clean flash of the other firmware files that you downloaded and not flashing my USERDATA?
Juggamonkey posted in the other thread with the f916 firmwares, that they flashed the u1 firmware to their AT&T f916 and it resulted with PCT/PCT/ATT which is likely Puerto Rico region. My guess it would default to Spanish. I personally haven't had the need to use your file at this time. Also I have never had any issues with your prior files. Thank you posting the USERDATA!

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Juggamonkey posted in the other thread with the f916 firmwares, that they flashed the u1 firmware to their AT&T f916 and it resulted with PCT/PCT/ATT which is likely Puerto Rico region. My guess it would default to Spanish. I personally haven't had the need to use your file at this time. Also I have never had any issues with your prior files. Thank you posting the USERDATA!
Hmmm interesting. PCT is a Puerto Rico CSC/Region for Samsung, yes. But I've never seen it on any American models before. Puerto Rican carriers have always sold models from the Central/South American region, with model numbers ending in something other than U. But I suppose they may have changed things up this time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who don't know, F916U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Galaxy Z Fold2 5G. The F916U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

These files that I'm posting are used for converting from one carrier's U firmware to AT&T's, or from U1 firmware back to U firmware with AT&T features and bloat. These are much tougher to find than other carriers' files due to AT&T's policy against public hosting of their firmware files - they can't be obtained from SamFirm or Frija or SamMobile. But I pay for a subscription to a site that gets AT&T files, and also sometimes gets other carriers' firmware files before they hit SamFirm/Frija, so that's where my files come from.

So I'll be uploading at least one USERDATA for each bootloader version, and I'll do the full firmware (for at least one build per bootloader level) if AT&T was the only carrier to get that specific build.

Since firmware is universal on U models, for a full flash you can use the other 4 Odin files (BL, AP, CP, CSC) from any other firmware of the same build - and you can almost always obtain what you need via SamFirm/Frija or AFH or SamMobile (if you have a premium subscription). You can probably even mix and match builds (as long as the Android version is the same), if you can't find files for the exact same build. You can't mix and match bootloaders though, so the other 4 files have to at least be from the same bootloader level.

Happy flashing!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=318293

NOTES:

- Please don't quote the OP when replying, kthx

- I compress extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- I won't be providing detailed instructions on how to flash files in Odin. If you're not aware of how to do that, there are countless "beginner's guide to Odin flashing"-type threads here on XDA already

- My naming method for AFH folders is: build - bootloader - Android version.

So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- the correct procedure for switching from one carrier's firmware to another is:

1. Flash full U1 firmware package including non HOME CSC
    2. Upon boot, insert a SIM of the carrier whose firmware you want
    3. Watch for the popup that says "reboot to apply new carrier settings" etc, and do it
    4. After that restart completes, reboot back to Download mode and flash the full U firmware package, with the USERDATA file of the carrier whose firmware you want

- USERDATAs for any other CSCs/regions can be gotten from SamFirm or Frija - for the latest version. If you need an old USERDATA for a CSC/region that's not commonly found, let me know and I can probably get it

- For identifying USERDATAS, and to know what region/CSC to use in SamFirm/Frija:

AIO = Cricket (not available via SamFirm/Frija)
    ATT = AT&T (not available via SamFirm/Frija)
    BST = Boost Mobile
    CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
    CHA = Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
    SPR = Sprint
    TMB = T-Mobile
    TMK = Metro PCS
    USC = US Cellular
    VZW = Verizon (available via SamFirm/Frija, but Manual Entry is required - Auto will not work)
    XAA = U1 firmware
    I guess no one has the at&t 3.1 update?
    AT&T USERDATA has been added for build UC2
    Who wants UI 3.1.1????? Go get it!!!!!! It's up now - build UH5