• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide F926U and F926U1 Firmware Links and Flashing Discussion Here

Search This thread

Who-Lep

Apr 7, 2012
1. Flash U1 with no SIM inserted
2. Insert AT&T SIM and tap on popup to reboot
3. Flash U w/ AT&T USERDATA

I purchases carrier locked through ATT(U). I flashed U1(XAA -AP, BL, CP, & CS) to remove bloatware & booted fine. But, version still said ATT/ATT/ATT/(not a problem because bootloader & device is locked?). If I want to revert to "stock" ATT, I would flash U with AP, BL, CP, CS, & USERDATA together?

Thanks,
Julio

Osimma

Apr 14, 2021
question: i've successfully flashed U1 firmware on my verizon fold 3 but how does updating work? will my phone get unlocked updates OTA or will it get verizon firmware updates? i really don't want any verizon sw on my device if i can help it, trying to maximize battery life.

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
question: i've successfully flashed U1 firmware on my verizon fold 3 but how does updating work? will my phone get unlocked updates OTA or will it get verizon firmware updates? i really don't want any verizon sw on my device if i can help it, trying to maximize battery life.
If you've flashed U1, then you'll get U1 updates.

Bloatware doesn't usually make any noticeable difference in battery. For the most part, if you're not using it, it's not using battery

Osimma

Apr 14, 2021
If you've flashed U1, then you'll get U1 updates.

Bloatware doesn't usually make any noticeable difference in battery. For the most part, if you're not using it, it's not using battery
awesome! ty for the reply. one of the biggest things i hated with the verizon bloatware was the bootup animation, it turns both screens on max brightness with a bright white background. i swear booting up would use like 5% of the battery is was insaneeee.

even though i didn't use any of it and disable a lot of them, i still noticed that a few verizon things would still run in the background every now and then, or get loaded into ram somehow. even if its a small battery gain, i'll take what i can get, every little bit adds up. i'll also be removing some Samsung apps/features i don't use with adb commands

Kenkool12

Jul 10, 2021
I came from from the oneplus 9 pro. I can flash my carrier Locked att fold 3 and get updates directly from samsung without bootloader or sim unlock.

rsfinsrq

So I just received my carrier locked T-Mobile Fold 3 and while going through the settings I noticed my service provider software version reads TMB/TMB/XAU/TMB. I thought it odd that there was a XAU mixed in there. I checked my Note 20 Ultra and it reflects TMB/TMB/TMB/TMB. I downloaded the software from Frija for SM-F926U for CSC TMB and the userdata in the file reflects USERDATA_XAU_F926USQU1AUI4. The Note 20 Ultra Frija download identifies the userdata as TMB. Also, when I first received my Fold 3, I swapped the sim card from the Note 20 into the Fold 3 and went through the setup. I wasn't until I had went through the process I noticed no cell data and emergency calls only. I later found out the my sim card was deactivated when I transferred to e-sim on my Note 20. Not sure if this may have resulted in the XAU or if it's supposed to that way. I went to my T-Mobile store and got a new sim card and everything seems to be working fine, just that XAU is still listed in the software version. Any insight would be appreciated.

pilotp94

Sep 8, 2017
Does anyone know if the 926W (Canada) model can also be flashed to U1 firmware? I know this was previously possible with the S8+, S10+, and potentially other models too, don't imagine Sammy would change things up now, but I'm gonna be waiting at least a month for my order to ship so I can't test for myself atm.

So I just received my carrier locked T-Mobile Fold 3 and while going through the settings I noticed my service provider software version reads TMB/TMB/XAU/TMB. I thought it odd that there was a XAU mixed in there. I checked my Note 20 Ultra and it reflects TMB/TMB/TMB/TMB. I downloaded the software from Frija for SM-F926U for CSC TMB and the userdata in the file reflects USERDATA_XAU_F926USQU1AUI4. The Note 20 Ultra Frija download identifies the userdata as TMB. Also, when I first received my Fold 3, I swapped the sim card from the Note 20 into the Fold 3 and went through the setup. I wasn't until I had went through the process I noticed no cell data and emergency calls only. I later found out the my sim card was deactivated when I transferred to e-sim on my Note 20. Not sure if this may have resulted in the XAU or if it's supposed to that way. I went to my T-Mobile store and got a new sim card and everything seems to be working fine, just that XAU is still listed in the software version. Any insight would be appreciated.

Active CSC/SIM 1/Region/Primary CSC​

Basically saying the initial region of the current installed firmware is XAU. Which I'm assuming is similar to xaa/xas meaning unbranded because XAU has no records anywhere 👀.​

I believe it's the designation for multi CSC firmwares

Reactions: rsfinsrq

rsfinsrq

Basically saying the initial region of the current installed firmware is XAU. Which I'm assuming is similar to xaa/xas meaning unbranded because XAU has no records anywhere 👀.​

Thanks for the reply! This makes sense. I guess having the XAU in my service provider version may be due to setting up the device with a deactivated sim. If anyone with a T-Mobile locked F926U device could verify weather or not they have the XAU in service provider version (see screenshot) it would be greatly appreciated! Trying to avoid resetting my device to find out (y)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211011-064844_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211011-064844_Settings.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I need to put on samfirm CSC OYM and phone model ? Searching i find this one

This is your problem: F926U1TBU1AUGB

TBU = Thom Browne edition.

For regular U1 firmware, you need this: F926U1OYM1AUGB

Thanks for the reply! This makes sense. I guess having the XAU in my service provider version may be due to setting up the device with a deactivated sim. If anyone with a T-Mobile locked F926U device could verify weather or not they have the XAU in service provider version (see screenshot) it would be greatly appreciated! Trying to avoid resetting my device to find out (y)
    Actually, I have xau as well.
    My phone was set up at t-mobile, but they had to get me a 5g Sim card because my previous phone only had LTE.

I'm 99% sure the XAU just means it's a multi CSC firmware that doesn't set a specific region when firmware is flashed. Instead using the Sim to check region for Ota updates.
    Which as you said could be due to being set up without a Sim card, but also could be just how the fold 3 is if it's a universal CSC partition. That would require someone to chime in that had a proper Sim card in the phone during setup.

Normally a phone pings Samsung's servers when booting after firmware flash and sets the region to whatever server location is closest, as well as inferring carrier specific CSC from that region.
    That generally would mean that you couldn't get Ota updates from someplace that isn't your region. (say you were overseas)
    Actually, I have xau as well.
    My phone was set up at t-mobile, but they had to get me a 5g Sim card because my previous phone only had LTE.

I'm 99% sure the XAU just means it's a multi CSC firmware that doesn't set a specific region when firmware is flashed. Instead using the Sim to check region for Ota updates.
    Which as you said could be due to being set up without a Sim card, but also could be just how the fold 3 is if it's a universal CSC partition. That would require someone to chime in that had a proper Sim card in the phone during setup.

Normally a phone pings Samsung's servers when booting after firmware flash and sets the region to whatever server location is closest, as well as inferring carrier specific CSC from that region.
    That generally would mean that you couldn't get Ota updates from someplace that isn't your region. (say you were overseas)
    Thanks for your reply! I think as long as there was a T-Mobile sim, regardless of 4 or 5G, I believe it would identify the sim and set up properly. That being said, I feel comfortable that our service provider version is in fact correct. Unless someone chimes in with something different, I'll hold off on resetting my device. Thanks again!
    Thanks for your reply! I think as long as there was a T-Mobile sim, regardless of 4 or 5G, I believe it would identify the sim and set up properly. That being said, I feel comfortable that our service provider version is in fact correct. Unless someone chimes in with something different, I'll hold off on resetting my device. Thanks again!
    Right that's what I'm saying. Region is only set for Ota update purposes. The xxx/xxx/xxx/TMB is what says to set it up as a t-mobile device from initial boot if no Sim is present.

The region being XAU(instead of TMB) is solely saying you can still get Ota updates regardless what region you are in
    (WIP, files are currently processing and uploading)

For those who aren't already aware, F926U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Z Fold3. The F926U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. A "U to U" or "U1 to U1" flash does not require a factory reset, but changing from one firmware to the other will require one. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

Manual Odin flashing is designed for those who:

- want to manually update to a newer version of U firmware on their U device, either because they don't want to wait for their carrier's OTA or because OTAs aren't working on their device, or a different carrier got a new feature/patch before they did
    - want to flash U1 firmware to their U device
    - want to convert from U1 firmware to carrier U firmware
    - want to convert from one carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware) to a different carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware)

For those who aren't already aware, anyone can now download firmware for almost any Samsung device any time that they want, via the various firmware download tools posted here on XDA like SamFirm or Frija. There are threads and info about them here on XDA so I won't waste time explaining - do a search if you're not already familiar with these tools. But they only provide whatever the latest/newest/current version is - nothing older. I have access to an internal Samsung firmware download tool that usually gets new versions before they hit the public firmware download tools, so that's where my files come from.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" -type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step flashing instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware (or haven't done it in a long time), I recommend you consult one of those "beginner's" guides- there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=327754
    U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=327755

Notes:

- DON'T QUOTE THE OP WHEN YOU REPLY, kthx

- I have lots of threads just like this one for other Samsung flagships, if it interests you. For those who have already made use of my previous threads for a different device and are upgrading, welcome back :)

- My zips are compressed extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- it's quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single flagship model, so I won't be uploading every single version. The only full builds that I upload are ones where I get access to a new bootloader and/or Android version early, before they hit the firmware download tools.

- My naming method for folders on AFH is: build - bootloader - Android version
    So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Flashing USERDATA will also wipe data.

- Since AT&T doesn't allow their firmware to be publicly available (for any of their devices), I'll try to always upload at least one USERDATA per bootloader increment for AT&T (and Cricket, if they get this model). I'll also upload any full builds if AT&T is the only carrier to get that specific build, because you won't be able to find the files anywhere else.

- For identifying USERDATAS, and to know what region/CSC to use in the firmware download tools if you're downloading yourself:

AIO = Cricket (not available via firmware download tools)
    ATT = AT&T (not available via firmware download tools)
    BST = Boost Mobile
    CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
    CHA = Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
    DSH = Dish Network
    TMB = T-Mobile
    TMK = Metro PCS
    USC = US Cellular
    VZW = Verizon (available via firmware download tools, but Manual Entry is required - Auto will not work)
    XAA = U1 firmware
    Is there a T-Mobile version available yet?
    Yep, firmware has been on Samsung's servers since last week
    I downloaded the file from samefirm, and frija but did not get the carrier bloat or T-Mobile boot screen from either one. I have an unlocked version.
    You need to make sure your CSC shows as TMB, and need to make sure you're flashing USERDATA too
    That's strange, neither one I downloaded has TMB in the csc, do you have a link ?
    I'm not talking about the firmware. I'm talking about the phone itself, in the Settings
    Oh, I see, it doesn't change, shows xaa/xaa/xaa I downloaded the ATT userdata to flash and see if it changes it.
    If you want T-Mobile bloatware, you need to insert a T-Mobile SIM so that the CSC changes to TMB. And then you need to flash a U firmware with T-Mobile USERDATA