How To Guide F926U and F926U1 Firmware Links and Flashing Discussion Here

Search This thread

Arhigos

Apr 18, 2022
Hello guys. I was wondering is that possible to convert F926U (i have unlocked ATT) into F926B? The reason why i'm asking is because i want to have two sim card and i can see second sim card contacts in sim-tray.

I was curious if i try to flash global firmware and order a $5 new dual-sim card slot from ebay will it work? Or i will brick my phone?

Meilyn22

Apr 19, 2022
Hi guys. After changing to U1 on ATT I noticed sometimes my phone is unable to receive or make calls until I put it in airplane mode and remove it. I was expecting a call for a job interview and I couldn't get it because of this issue. Are there any fixes for this problem?

ast11

Jul 20, 2013
I've a f926U with ATT I'm trying to reflash to TMB to get all the bloatware and customizations

I downloaded the latest with TMB csc with frija and installed them with odin with the full csc + userdata

my csc is still showing up as att/att/att with my tmobile sim and I'm still seeing att bloatware and boot screen.

what am I doing wrong?

HelloG3_MotoNoMore

Jul 30, 2014
New England
I've a f926U with ATT I'm trying to reflash to TMB to get all the bloatware and customizations

I downloaded the latest with TMB csc with frija and installed them with odin with the full csc + userdata

my csc is still showing up as att/att/att with my tmobile sim and I'm still seeing att bloatware and boot screen.

what am I doing wrong?
Well, my best guess is you're not using the patched Odin. You need to make sure your CSC (in the phone and in Odin) shows as TMB and need to flash U1 firmware with T-Mobile USERDATA.

Last edited:

ast11

Jul 20, 2013
ok I was able to get it going.

for w/e reason using a tmb sim in my device didn't change the csc if I was using the U firmware. it kept it at att/att/att no matter what.

I reflashed to the U1 XAA firmware which finally switched the csc to tmb/tmb/att

I then flashed back to the U TMB firmware which now has the proper tmobile bloatware.

HelloG3_MotoNoMore

Jul 30, 2014
New England

for w/e reason using a tmb sim in my device didn't change the csc if I was using the U firmware. it kept it at att/att/att no matter what.

I reflashed to the U1 XAA firmware which finally switched the csc to tmb/tmb/att

I then flashed back to the U TMB firmware which now has the proper tmobile bloatware.
I woulda just left the U1 FW w/TMB USERDATA. What's the point of putting the U FW back?

HelloG3_MotoNoMore

Jul 30, 2014
New England
didn't know that was a valid option. any downsides either way?
Probably not, but I personally wouldn't want anything even remotely related to AT&T in any phone I own from now on. Loving my F916U1 on T-Mobile with only the necessary TMB stuff (VVM and WiFi Calling) (by flashing TMB USERDATA).

BTW... If you haven't tried Microsoft Launcher, do! Best launcher for a FoldX... Somehow it allows Android Auto to run with normal home screen.

And of course get Good Lock too. Enjoy!

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN

Yes, U1 needs to be flashed first

THORMUNZ

Sep 20, 2012
Los Angeles
Probably not, but I personally wouldn't want anything even remotely related to AT&T in any phone I own from now on. Loving my F916U1 on T-Mobile with only the necessary TMB stuff (VVM and WiFi Calling) (by flashing TMB USERDATA).

BTW... If you haven't tried Microsoft Launcher, do! Best launcher for a FoldX... Somehow it allows Android Auto to run with normal home screen.

And of course get Good Lock too. Enjoy!
Any instructions on how you got the CSC to change? And is your phone initially a ATT variant or an unlocked? I have a vzw variant and for the life of me couldn't change it to tmb to gain access to the 5G bands and just yesterday I made the switch to flash Canadian XAC and that actually changed my CSC to XAC/XAC/VZW and now my phone connects to 5G but I'm still missing out on 2 bands for mmwave5G.

HelloG3_MotoNoMore

Jul 30, 2014
New England
Any instructions on how you got the CSC to change? And is your phone initially a ATT variant or an unlocked? I have a vzw variant and for the life of me couldn't change it to tmb to gain access to the 5G bands and just yesterday I made the switch to flash Canadian XAC and that actually changed my CSC to XAC/XAC/VZW and now my phone connects to 5G but I'm still missing out on 2 bands for mmwave5G.
Mine's an original F916U1. All I did was put in the T-Mobile SIM and flash TMB USERDATA.
I really don't know what to suggest for your F926xx situation at this point.

@iBowToAndroid ...help?

THORMUNZ

Sep 20, 2012
Los Angeles
Mine's an original F916U1. All I did was put in the T-Mobile SIM and flash TMB USERDATA.
I really don't know what to suggest for your F926xx situation at this point.

@iBowToAndroid ...help?
Hehe all good from everything I've read and investigated it's very hard to switch CSC on a non U1 phone, so I'll be stuck on a Canadian firmware until a work around is discovered :)

karrtoon

Jan 28, 2008
Sorry so late, but i just got the z fold 3 unlocked from samsung, cricket is now selling the z fold 3 but I haven't been able to find their firmware, my phone will not stay connected or registered on network, always seems to have 5 bars but won't register...can someone point me in a direction or does it just not work with cricket yet. Of course cricket told me to go to samsung and samsung tested and said ev34ythings fine I need to talk to cricket.

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Sorry so late, but i just got the z fold 3 unlocked from samsung, cricket is now selling the z fold 3 but I haven't been able to find their firmware, my phone will not stay connected or registered on network, always seems to have 5 bars but won't register...can someone point me in a direction or does it just not work with cricket yet. Of course cricket told me to go to samsung and samsung tested and said ev34ythings fine I need to talk to cricket.
I have a source who can get me AT&T and Cricket firmware

Reactions: Who-Lep
Did someone already get the June update for U1/XAA? (I didn´t. And its not yet on sammobile/frija)
(Just to explain my impatientness: I will have a business-trip in some days, where the eSIM/dualSIM update would be quite nice)

Hmm.. And maybe someone could explain me one thing that I still don´t understand:
If U are the provider version and U1 is the "unlocked and with no carrier bloatware" version. What are the so many U1-fimwares? ATT, TMB, XAA, ..... ? (No bloatware but different optimizations for the provider networks?)

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Did someone already get the June update for U1/XAA? (I didn´t. And its not yet on sammobile/frija)
(Just to explain my impatientness: I will have a business-trip in some days, where the eSIM/dualSIM update would be quite nice)

Hmm.. And maybe someone could explain me one thing that I still don´t understand:
If U are the provider version and U1 is the "unlocked and with no carrier bloatware" version. What are the so many U1-fimwares? ATT, TMB, XAA, ..... ? (No bloatware but different optimizations for the provider networks?)
1. It's not out for XAA yet but you can flash any U1 firmware - doesn't have to be XAA

2. Yes, the reason for all the U1 versions is that each one has the Settings preconfigured to different optimizations for the provider networks. The reason that it doesn't matter which one you flash is that the phone will re-configure itself to match whichever SIM you insert

Reactions: darkwing
1. It's not out for XAA yet but you can flash any U1 firmware - doesn't have to be XAA

2. Yes, the reason for all the U1 versions is that each one has the Settings preconfigured to different optimizations for the provider networks. The reason that it doesn't matter which one you flash is that the phone will re-configure itself to match whichever SIM you insert
Thank you very much for your answer. Then I´ll try AT&T for now, as I will likely not get any optimizations for my Austrian provider :alien:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who aren't already aware, F926U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Z Fold3. The F926U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. A "U to U" or "U1 to U1" flash does not require a factory reset, but changing from one firmware to the other will require one. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

Manual Odin flashing is designed for those who:

- want to manually update to a newer version of U firmware on their U device, either because they don't want to wait for their carrier's OTA or because OTAs aren't working on their device, or a different carrier got a new feature/patch before they did
    - want to flash U1 firmware to their U device
    - want to convert from U1 firmware to carrier U firmware
    - want to convert from one carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware) to a different carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware)

For those who aren't already aware, anyone can now download firmware for almost any Samsung device any time that they want, via the various firmware download tools posted here on XDA like SamFirm or Frija. There are threads and info about them here on XDA so I won't waste time explaining - do a search if you're not already familiar with these tools. But they only provide whatever the latest/newest/current version is - nothing older. I have access to an internal Samsung firmware download tool that usually gets new versions before they hit the public firmware download tools, so that's where my files come from.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" -type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step flashing instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware (or haven't done it in a long time), I recommend you consult one of those "beginner's" guides- there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=327754
    U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=327755

Notes:

- DON'T QUOTE THE OP WHEN YOU REPLY, kthx

- I have lots of threads just like this one for other Samsung flagships, if it interests you. For those who have already made use of my previous threads for a different device and are upgrading, welcome back :)

- My zips are compressed extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- it's quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single flagship model, so I won't be uploading every single version. The only full builds that I upload are ones where I get access to a new bootloader and/or Android version early, before they hit the firmware download tools.

- My naming method for folders on AFH is: build - bootloader - Android version
    So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Flashing USERDATA will also wipe data.

- Since AT&T doesn't allow their firmware to be publicly available (for any of their devices), I'll try to always upload at least one USERDATA per bootloader increment for AT&T (and Cricket, if they get this model). I'll also upload any full builds if AT&T is the only carrier to get that specific build, because you won't be able to find the files anywhere else.

- For identifying USERDATAS, and to know what region/CSC to use in the firmware download tools if you're downloading yourself:

AIO = Cricket (not available via firmware download tools)
    ATT = AT&T (not available via firmware download tools)
    BST = Boost Mobile
    CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
    CHA = Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
    DSH = Dish Network
    TMB = T-Mobile
    TMK = Metro PCS
    USC = US Cellular
    VZW = Verizon (available via firmware download tools, but Manual Entry is required - Auto will not work)
    XAA = U1 firmware
    I've got the u1 firm I'm gonna odin to my Verizon u..Was wondering in odin do I do the user data thing too..Read on another not to do it so I wanted to check

U1 Firmware XAA shouldn't have a USERDATA file on it, so you can just ignore that slot on ODIN.
    I guess what I'm asking is isn't there a way to just simply flash one of the US firmware's like XAA = U1 firmware or the CCT = Xfinity to enable the proper US frequency bands on a Physical dual sim international phone ?
    Nope. If you want US firmware, get a US phone
    Is there a T-Mobile version available yet?
    Yep, firmware has been on Samsung's servers since last week
    Am I mistaken or when flashing firmware the phones are now accepting the sim card with service.. like a sim unlock?
    You're mistaken. Either you're using a SIM from the original carrier, or the phone was already unlocked