How To Guide F926U and F926U1 Firmware Links and Flashing Discussion Here

Search This thread

abrarabbu

Jul 23, 2009
Toronto
Hello
Someone said its not possible on early pages, but I still wanted to ask and confirm its still the case.

I have unlocked U1 fold 3 and want to convert it to W Canadian unlocked

Can I use patched odin

rakesh.iocl

Mar 17, 2013
Can I install a SM-F926B rom in an SM-F926U/U1 device? please help.

The device I have is an unlocked AT&T unit. I flashed U1 rom through Odin. But I want to use B version with INU CSC (India).

Please help..

LocBox

Aug 16, 2009
Microsoft Surface Duo
Hey @iBowToAndroid , having an issue.. So I have a U1 model and I'm trying to flash to full U VZW. I already flashed it to TMO the other day and it read as TMB/TMB/TMB/XAA, but with Verizon I'm only getting VZW/VZW/TMB/XAA. How do I flash it to be VZW/VZW/VZW/XAA? I used Xfinity's CSC to create the radio files first.

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Hey @iBowToAndroid , having an issue.. So I have a U1 model and I'm trying to flash to full U VZW. I already flashed it to TMO the other day and it read as TMB/TMB/TMB/XAA, but with Verizon I'm only getting VZW/VZW/TMB/XAA. How do I flash it to be VZW/VZW/VZW/XAA? I used Xfinity's CSC to create the radio files first.
The last 2 are the eSIM CSCs i believe. So i think you'd have to activate a Verizon eSIM to change that one.

I'm not 100% sure though. I don't know much about how the last 2 work and this isn't really a "changing CSC" thread

LocBox

Aug 16, 2009
Microsoft Surface Duo
The last 2 are the eSIM CSCs i believe. So i think you'd have to activate a Verizon eSIM to change that one.

I'm not 100% sure though. I don't know much about how the last 2 work and this isn't really a "changing CSC" thread
Yea I basically just want the advanced messaging and vidcalls from vzw but I'm having a tough time activating them. I just get an error message when I click chat settings.

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Yea I basically just want the advanced messaging and vidcalls from vzw but I'm having a tough time activating them. I just get an error message when I click chat settings.
As long as the first 2 say VZW and it shows their logo when it boots up, you should have all of their bloat + features.

The error message might be an IMEI block - they might not have U1 devices whitelisted for those features

LocBox

Aug 16, 2009
Microsoft Surface Duo
Okay well, VZW just doesn't wanna play nice with U1 devices no matter what way you try. The U Firmware loads all the typical VZW bloat etc., and you can access WiFi calling/VoLTE. However, the native Video Calling isn't accessible, and the chat features are not working. You can't even access their settings, so the best flash over from a U1 is to TMO in my experience so far. TMO grants full access to all features, and assuming AT&T is probably similar. However, one odd thing with TMO that's been persistent for a while now, is the refusal to play nice with the native Visual Voicemail app. Strangely VZW doesn't mind if you use the native VV app over VZW's, but for some inexplicable reason TMO only gives you the option to call in when you attempt to use it. I much prefer Samsung's implementation of VV over TMO's so that tidbit is annoying. If anyone knows a workaround for that, I'd appreciate the fix.

SyCoREAPER

Retired Forum Moderator
I'm necro posting hoping someone here has any further info. This is the ONLY thread on all the interwebs where I've seen anyone else say that have an XAU CSC. I too am stuck with this damn CSC and can't get rid of it.

So is the consensus that XAU is basically XAA? I crossflashed like I would have any other device in the past (except that this is my first carrier device) but instead of the expected U1 XAA, I'm U1 now but still XAU

yygemmi770

Aug 17, 2021
I'm necro posting hoping someone here has any further info. This is the ONLY thread on all the interwebs where I've seen anyone else say that have an XAU CSC. I too am stuck with this damn CSC and can't get rid of it.

So is the consensus that XAU is basically XAA? I crossflashed like I would have any other device in the past (except that this is my first carrier device) but instead of the expected U1 XAA, I'm U1 now but still XAU
XAU is essentially T-Mobile. However, if never activated with T-Mobile SIM (does not need to be active) on U package, it sort of stays XAU. You can also use MetroPCS SIM (does not need to be active).

Basically on U package from a factory data reset, have a T-Mobile or Metro SIM in the phone and go through the initial phone setup process.

You will know if this is needed when attempting to setup the phone without SIM, because it will not let you continue until you insert SIM.

If this is not happening to you, then it is another issue. However, I have only seen phones stuck on XAU if this process was not done.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who aren't already aware, F926U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Z Fold3. The F926U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. A "U to U" or "U1 to U1" flash does not require a factory reset, but changing from one firmware to the other will require one. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

Manual Odin flashing is designed for those who:

- want to manually update to a newer version of U firmware on their U device, either because they don't want to wait for their carrier's OTA or because OTAs aren't working on their device, or a different carrier got a new feature/patch before they did
    - want to flash U1 firmware to their U device
    - want to convert from U1 firmware to carrier U firmware
    - want to convert from one carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware) to a different carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware)

For those who aren't already aware, anyone can now download firmware for almost any Samsung device any time that they want, via the various firmware download tools posted here on XDA like SamFirm or Frija. There are threads and info about them here on XDA so I won't waste time explaining - do a search if you're not already familiar with these tools. But they only provide whatever the latest/newest/current version is - nothing older. I have access to an internal Samsung firmware download tool that usually gets new versions before they hit the public firmware download tools, so that's where my files come from.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" -type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step flashing instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware (or haven't done it in a long time), I recommend you consult one of those "beginner's" guides- there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=327754
    U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=327755

Notes:

- DON'T QUOTE THE OP WHEN YOU REPLY, kthx

- I have lots of threads just like this one for other Samsung flagships, if it interests you. For those who have already made use of my previous threads for a different device and are upgrading, welcome back :)

- My zips are compressed extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- it's quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single flagship model, so I won't be uploading every single version. The only full builds that I upload are ones where I get access to a new bootloader and/or Android version early, before they hit the firmware download tools.

- My naming method for folders on AFH is: build - bootloader - Android version
    So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Flashing USERDATA will also wipe data.

- Since AT&T doesn't allow their firmware to be publicly available (for any of their devices), I'll try to always upload at least one USERDATA per bootloader increment for AT&T (and Cricket, if they get this model). I'll also upload any full builds if AT&T is the only carrier to get that specific build, because you won't be able to find the files anywhere else.

- For identifying USERDATAS, and to know what region/CSC to use in the firmware download tools if you're downloading yourself:

AIO = Cricket (not available via firmware download tools)
    ATT = AT&T (not available via firmware download tools)
    BST = Boost Mobile
    CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
    CHA = Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
    DSH = Dish Network
    TMB = T-Mobile
    TMK = Metro PCS
    USC = US Cellular
    VZW = Verizon (available via firmware download tools, but Manual Entry is required - Auto will not work)
    XAA = U1 firmware
    I've got the u1 firm I'm gonna odin to my Verizon u..Was wondering in odin do I do the user data thing too..Read on another not to do it so I wanted to check

U1 Firmware XAA shouldn't have a USERDATA file on it, so you can just ignore that slot on ODIN.
    I guess what I'm asking is isn't there a way to just simply flash one of the US firmware's like XAA = U1 firmware or the CCT = Xfinity to enable the proper US frequency bands on a Physical dual sim international phone ?
    Nope. If you want US firmware, get a US phone
    Is there a T-Mobile version available yet?
    Yep, firmware has been on Samsung's servers since last week
    Am I mistaken or when flashing firmware the phones are now accepting the sim card with service.. like a sim unlock?
    You're mistaken. Either you're using a SIM from the original carrier, or the phone was already unlocked