General F936U1 Firmware Now Available

Search This thread

mbellis

Oct 18, 2006
@iBowToAndroid
Many thanks in advance, used your previous guides to flash my Z Fold 3, upgraded to the fold 4, I'm on FirstNet so the unlocked never works properly with wifi calling, 5g etc.

Want to flash my unlocked u1 to an att firmware, followed your instructions and was able to download a TMB version, assuming they are all the same FW like they were for the Fold3?

Is it going to be possible to track down an ATT USERDATA compatible with the fold 4.

Thank you in advance!

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
@iBowToAndroid
Many thanks in advance, used your previous guides to flash my Z Fold 3, upgraded to the fold 4, I'm on FirstNet so the unlocked never works properly with wifi calling, 5g etc.

Want to flash my unlocked u1 to an att firmware, followed your instructions and was able to download a TMB version, assuming they are all the same FW like they were for the Fold3?

Is it going to be possible to track down an ATT USERDATA compatible with the fold 4.

Thank you in advance!
I can get one but I have to pay my source for the firmware, so it wouldn't be free

xlylegaman

Jan 11, 2011
Staten Island, NY
September Patch for CCT (United States)
1665058735401.png

kootebi

Mar 25, 2011
Is F936U1 the unlocked version in US market? Can I flash F936U1 firmware to my F936U ATT device? Thanks.

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Dumb question, but why is this not XAA, which is the usual unlocked Samsung firmware?
The unlocked (U1) firmware that I've seen and helped gather for others has CSC codes for the various US carriers (Althought ATT doesn't play nice and choses not to share).
The XAA CSC code is for Unbranded devices

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Is F936U1 the unlocked version in US market? Can I flash F936U1 firmware to my F936U ATT device? Thanks.
F936U and F936U1 are the US models. Yes you can flash this, but if that is not the version that ATT releases you will have broken OTA for yourself until you can get the stock ATT files

kootebi

Mar 25, 2011
F936U and F936U1 are the US models. Yes you can flash this, but if that is not the version that ATT releases you will have broken OTA for yourself until you can get the stock ATT files
Oh, Fold3 (F926U) can flash F926U1 firmware and doesn't break OTA..... So if I flash F926U1 firmware, how can i continue to upgrade the OS? Is my understanding correct that if I only flah BL,AP,CSC, I can upgrade OS and keep all my data? Thanks!

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Why pay for something that's going to be released for free publicly. Scam alert.
LOL what!?

1. AT&T firmware doesn't get released publicly

2. Scam alert? You must be new here. Oh look at that - you are. Maybe check out someone's reputation before speaking.
Were you able to get a hold of the USERDATA?
Yep, I sent it to them
Yes and Yes
Dumb question, but why is this not XAA, which is the usual unlocked Samsung firmware?
Samsung releases U1 firmware in every single USA CSC. Each one comes preconfigured with that specific carrier's configuration. XAA is just the default CSC which comes with no preconfiguration
Oh, Fold3 (F926U) can flash F926U1 firmware and doesn't break OTA..... So if I flash F926U1 firmware, how can i continue to upgrade the OS? Is my understanding correct that if I only flah BL,AP,CSC, I can upgrade OS and keep all my data? Thanks!
No. You always need to flash all 4 files. You can try flashing HOME CSC to keep your data - may or may not be successful. So back up just in case

kootebi

Mar 25, 2011
Thanks
LOL what!?

1. AT&T firmware doesn't get released publicly

2. Scam alert? You must be new here. Oh look at that - you are. Maybe check out someone's reputation before speaking.

Yep, I sent it to them

Yes and Yes

Samsung releases U1 firmware in every single USA CSC. Each one comes preconfigured with that specific carrier's configuration. XAA is just the default CSC which comes with no preconfiguration

No. You always need to flash all 4 files. You can try flashing HOME CSC to keep your data - may or may not be successful. So back up just in case
Thanks, why Fold 3 (F926U) can flash F926U1 firmware with losing the OTA availability?

I tried to download U1 firmware and everytime it gets to completing the download it gets stuck right before completion. Every time. File usually shows a 7.8GB file and if I try to extract is says file is empty or cannot be opened. I ended up getting the latest U firmware and flashed that. Seems like the unlocked U1 would always get the first updates. I got my fold 4 when it first came out and it has never seen an OTA update.

serialtoon

May 25, 2006
I tried to download U1 firmware and everytime it gets to completing the download it gets stuck right before completion. Every time. File usually shows a 7.8GB file and if I try to extract is says file is empty or cannot be opened. I ended up getting the latest U firmware and flashed that. Seems like the unlocked U1 would always get the first updates. I got my fold 4 when it first came out and it has never seen an OTA update.
The files downloaded are encrypted and as such there is a decryption period after download completes. Frija tells you while its in the decryption process. Decryption time is based on your PC hardware speed, cores etc.

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
I tried to download U1 firmware and everytime it gets to completing the download it gets stuck right before completion. Every time. File usually shows a 7.8GB file and if I try to extract is says file is empty or cannot be opened.
Then that's an issue with your internet or PC or firmware source. I download firmware almost every single day and never have a problem

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Firmware for AT&T U1 OTA has dropped

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221011_171855_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20221011_171855_Software update.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 79

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Also try using 7zip to extract

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those looking to flash their devices immediately, U1 firmware is now available via Frija and other such tools that pull from Sammy's servers. Manual Entry is required, XAA sales code.

PDA: F936U1UEU1AVGA
    CSC: F936U1OYM1AVGC
    Phone: F936U1UEU1AVGA

Standard MO for Samsung is to remove the Manual Entry requirement once the official launch date hits. Once that date comes, you should be able to pull it via Automatic.

I do not own this device nor will I ever so I haven't actually tried flashing. But it should work with latest Patched Odin 3.14.x

Happy flashing!
    Thanks, I was using the 2.0 branch of Frija, didn't realize I needed to use Manual (Legacy) mode to pull down the files. Got it now :)
    Use Frija and these settings (manual):

Patched ODIN to flash:

Success!

Security patch level is still showing July so a newer update should be released soon. May be September at this point! ;-)
    Thanks for the report
    Yep, versions are identical. Just change F936U to F721U
    Thanks again! Got the flip 4 firmware as well. My project for today was flashing the Fold 4 VZW firmware and getting the phone to be as like my Fold 3 as possible, before sending in the Fold 3 for my trade-in. Next project will be the Fold 4.
    There was an update that came out a day or so ago, ending in "VHH". I can only see it for TMK and TMB. I have it installed now no issues but wondering would they usually release an incremental update for U1?