General F936U1 Firmware Now Available

Search This thread

mbellis

Oct 18, 2006
@iBowToAndroid Can you confirm the latest PDA/CSC codes to download the XAA version of the U1 software, I just want to keep a copy in case I want to flash by device from the current ATT back to the U1 XAA.

I know you said once the phone was released we should be able to use Frija in auto mode but mine doesn't seem to be working in auto mode. with XAA as the CSC code.

Thanks!

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
@iBowToAndroid Can you confirm the latest PDA/CSC codes to download the XAA version of the U1 software, I just want to keep a copy in case I want to flash by device from the current ATT back to the U1 XAA.

I know you said once the phone was released we should be able to use Frija in auto mode but mine doesn't seem to be working in auto mode. with XAA as the CSC code.

Thanks!
They were already posted by another user back on the 6th

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Yesterday (10/13/2022) I received my update to AVGI (September patch) almost 1.4GB
This morning (10/14/2022) I received another update to AVII (October patch) around 373MB.
F936U1 on Verizon.
Same here on AT&T too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221014_134215_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20221014_134215_Settings.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: Jay5583

spotmark

Feb 18, 2010
Massachusetts
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Wow! I stayed with Nexus/Pixel/OnePlus phones for so long because I thought I needed stock Android and root to do the things I wanted. Silly me. I should have looked at what Samsung was baking in, or making available. I have installed both of the updates manually with Smart Switch, which was easier than doing it the Google/Android way. I won't go too off topic, but along with the theming they offer and being able to remove icons from the notification bar, I've realized I don't need root at all anymore.

Reactions: kangi26

pingedmule12

Oct 21, 2022
I have a very noob question, Does it work if I flash this on my U (T-mobile) phone to U1? How about the ESIM capability? Does it still work after flashing? Or it disappears? Thanks

xlylegaman

Jan 11, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I have a very noob question, Does it work if I flash this on my U (T-mobile) phone to U1? How about the ESIM capability? Does it still work after flashing? Or it disappears? Thanks
U and U1 firmware interchangeable and you can flash either. ESIM capabilities is tied to which CSC you use. For example, I have an Unlocked U1 from Samsung (XAA); however, if I were to flash a T-Mobile CSC, my ESIM is greyed out and I only have access to physical SIM IMEI, I also don't have T-Mobile as a carrier so that could have changed with a T-Mobile SIM Card.

pingedmule12

Oct 21, 2022
U and U1 firmware interchangeable and you can flash either. ESIM capabilities is tied to which CSC you use. For example, I have an Unlocked U1 from Samsung (XAA); however, if I were to flash a T-Mobile CSC, my ESIM is greyed out and I only have access to physical SIM IMEI, I also don't have T-Mobile as a carrier so that could have changed with a T-Mobile SIM Card.
Oh I see. So when I flash a U1 firmware, should I use a t mobile csc? or just flash the unlocked one? I’m a little bit worried of losing my esim in the process also, but thanks for the answer man!

Sep 3, 2022

Thanks!
Use USC for the CSC, that's United States unlocked

Reactions: odontastic

Jay5583

How about this? Does anyone know if flashing U1 to a Verizon Fold4 results in the phone being carrier unlocked?
As far as I know... Verizon phones are only carrier locked for 60 days. They are automatically unlocked after the timeframe has passed. Flashing U1 does not change the lock/unlock status... Just pretty much debloats the VZW stuff.

Edit: Verizon's Device Unlock info site:

iCuiD

Nov 17, 2011
Hi, does anyone know why F936U1 with XAA keeps pulling up S(Android 12)? I had to flash to F936U with TMB, but now I'm subjected to the bloat and missing the extra malware scans my unlocked phone had before. Also for some reason F936U doesn't let me download updates with XAA? Basically trying to get my good unlocked firmware back but it seems like F936U1 doesn't have the latest update?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those looking to flash their devices immediately, U1 firmware is now available via Frija and other such tools that pull from Sammy's servers. Manual Entry is required, XAA sales code.

PDA: F936U1UEU1AVGA
    CSC: F936U1OYM1AVGC
    Phone: F936U1UEU1AVGA

Standard MO for Samsung is to remove the Manual Entry requirement once the official launch date hits. Once that date comes, you should be able to pull it via Automatic.

I do not own this device nor will I ever so I haven't actually tried flashing. But it should work with latest Patched Odin 3.14.x

Happy flashing!
    Thanks, I was using the 2.0 branch of Frija, didn't realize I needed to use Manual (Legacy) mode to pull down the files. Got it now :)
    Use Frija and these settings (manual):

Patched ODIN to flash:

Success!

Security patch level is still showing July so a newer update should be released soon. May be September at this point! ;-)
    Thanks for the report
    Yep, versions are identical. Just change F936U to F721U
    Thanks again! Got the flip 4 firmware as well. My project for today was flashing the Fold 4 VZW firmware and getting the phone to be as like my Fold 3 as possible, before sending in the Fold 3 for my trade-in. Next project will be the Fold 4.
    There was an update that came out a day or so ago, ending in "VHH". I can only see it for TMK and TMB. I have it installed now no issues but wondering would they usually release an incremental update for U1?