General F936U1 Firmware Now Available

Search This thread

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
For those looking to flash their devices immediately, U1 firmware is now available via Frija and other such tools that pull from Sammy's servers. Manual Entry is required, XAA sales code.

PDA: F936U1UEU1AVGA
CSC: F936U1OYM1AVGC
Phone: F936U1UEU1AVGA

Standard MO for Samsung is to remove the Manual Entry requirement once the official launch date hits. Once that date comes, you should be able to pull it via Automatic.

I do not own this device nor will I ever so I haven't actually tried flashing. But it should work with latest Patched Odin 3.14.x

Happy flashing!

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Use Frija and these settings (manual):

9D9DKzK.gif

Patched ODIN to flash:

UUhn2JM.gif

Success!

uvjRp1N.gif

Security patch level is still showing July so a newer update should be released soon. May be September at this point! ;-)

mm60

Nov 27, 2011
Any idea about when the Verizon version of the firmware will be out? I bought he unlocked version but normally flast the Verizon firmware on so I can use the Verizon features. TIA!

Sep 3, 2022
There was an update that came out a day or so ago, ending in "VHH". I can only see it for TMK and TMB. I have it installed now no issues but wondering would they usually release an incremental update for U1?

Reactions: Polishow
Sep 3, 2022
What's your definition of "incremental", and how does it differ from your definition of a "non incremental update" ?
It still has the July Security Patch and only available in certain markets from what I read. Incremental like a small patch and not a full update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220903_123701_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220903_123701_Settings.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 192

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
It still has the July Security Patch and only available in certain markets from what I read. Incremental like a small patch and not a full update.
Still don't understand what the difference between "small patch" and "full update" is, in your book. Not all updates are multiple GB in size and/or bring a new UI or Android version. Both U and U1 models have always gotten "small" updates, and always will.

And I'm sure it'll roll out to the other carriers soon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those looking to flash their devices immediately, U1 firmware is now available via Frija and other such tools that pull from Sammy's servers. Manual Entry is required, XAA sales code.

PDA: F936U1UEU1AVGA
    CSC: F936U1OYM1AVGC
    Phone: F936U1UEU1AVGA

Standard MO for Samsung is to remove the Manual Entry requirement once the official launch date hits. Once that date comes, you should be able to pull it via Automatic.

I do not own this device nor will I ever so I haven't actually tried flashing. But it should work with latest Patched Odin 3.14.x

Happy flashing!
    Thanks, I was using the 2.0 branch of Frija, didn't realize I needed to use Manual (Legacy) mode to pull down the files. Got it now :)
    Use Frija and these settings (manual):

Patched ODIN to flash:

Success!

Security patch level is still showing July so a newer update should be released soon. May be September at this point! ;-)
    Thanks for the report
    Yep, versions are identical. Just change F936U to F721U
    Thanks again! Got the flip 4 firmware as well. My project for today was flashing the Fold 4 VZW firmware and getting the phone to be as like my Fold 3 as possible, before sending in the Fold 3 for my trade-in. Next project will be the Fold 4.
    There was an update that came out a day or so ago, ending in "VHH". I can only see it for TMK and TMB. I have it installed now no issues but wondering would they usually release an incremental update for U1?