• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Face unlock on the Asus Zenfone Max

Do you like the face unlock on the Max?

• Naah! Better off getting fingerprints!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

deal_mart

Feb 27, 2018
Hello people,

Here I bring to you face unlock for our beautiful Asus Zenfone MAX. Heres how to do it:

Download:

You will need any ROM that has the Google "Smart Lock" feature. I can confirm this is available with most Custom Roms > AOSP Extended 4.6, XOSP, AIM Rom, Resurrection Remix etc. But my personal favorite is Dot OS. Download link below:

DOT OS Downoad link:

DOT OS

Activate Google Smart Lock

Go to Security>Smart Lock

Add Trusted Face

Select "Trusted Face" and add your face

Voila, You are Done

Well, not yet.

If you test it now, the phone will unlock but you will still need to "Swipe Up" to go to the home screen. Bad, huh?

Well, that is sorted too!

Download "AutoInput" from Play Store

Theres a catch here. You need to download the paid version of the App. Thats a cost. Or if you know any way of getting it fr free, let me know :p

Open Autoinput App
Grant "Accessibility" Access
Click on Auto Dismiss Keyguard
Click on "Enable"

NOW YOU are DONE

Lock your phone.

Click on the power button to light up screen.

Hold it to your face and Voila, there goes the face unlock!

Enjoyy !

Reactions: danger2u and mgh143

Abhishek P G

Dec 3, 2016
Palakkad
I guess xposed has an active module(instant face unlock) for the purpose of auto input... But it seems a bit laggy compared to auto input.Also i guess the trusted face option in smart lock depends on which open gapps you are flashing.... I got it by flashing stock version(pico didn't have the trusted face option).nano too has the feature

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello people,

Here I bring to you face unlock for our beautiful Asus Zenfone MAX. Heres how to do it:

Download:

You will need any ROM that has the Google "Smart Lock" feature. I can confirm this is available with most Custom Roms > AOSP Extended 4.6, XOSP, AIM Rom, Resurrection Remix etc. But my personal favorite is Dot OS. Download link below:

DOT OS Downoad link:

DOT OS

Activate Google Smart Lock

Go to Security>Smart Lock

Add Trusted Face

Select "Trusted Face" and add your face

Voila, You are Done

Well, not yet.

If you test it now, the phone will unlock but you will still need to "Swipe Up" to go to the home screen. Bad, huh?

Well, that is sorted too!

Download "AutoInput" from Play Store

Theres a catch here. You need to download the paid version of the App. Thats a cost. Or if you know any way of getting it fr free, let me know :p

Open Autoinput App
    Grant "Accessibility" Access
    Click on Auto Dismiss Keyguard
    Click on "Enable"

NOW YOU are DONE

Lock your phone.

Click on the power button to light up screen.

Hold it to your face and Voila, there goes the face unlock!

Enjoyy !