• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Facebook APP from DROID. (MUCH BETTER)

Search This thread

add3421

Mar 4, 2007
Wilmington!
12835_317016425181_874465181_9748188_2095170_n.jpg
via Johnnylicious :)
Here is the Facebook App taken from the Motorola Droid GSM Version...not sure of the real name.
Here is the apk... http://www.androidspin.com/downloads.php?dir=manup456/APPS/&file=Facebook.apk Updated :)
Copy to SD card then do the following

(Original Facebook needs to be uninstalled) You can copy this to your SD and use an APP Such as APPSINSTALLER to install this APK, or do the following...
Windows users (with ADB working)
1. Open a CMD (command promt window)
Type:
- adb remount
- adb shell
- rm /system/app/Facebook.apk
- cd /sdcard

- cp Facebook.apk /system/app

Phone Users:
1. Open a Terminal Window:
2. Type the following:
- su
- mount /system -o remount,rw
- cd /sdcard

You don't need to reboot... Apps will show up immediately in your menu. (You'll need to put them back on your Home Screen if you had them there though)

Last edited:

ultra spikey

Jul 5, 2006
You don't really need to push this to the phone. I installed it like any other app through Astro. Also, I only used the app for about a minute and already found something I don't like, your notifications get pulled up through the browser.

JAguirre1231

ADMIN: Please move to Applications... I accidentally put it in DEVELOPMENT. THANKS!!!

Here is the Facebook App taken from the Motorola Droid GSM Version...not sure of the real name.
Here is the apk... http://rapidshare.com/files/304702728/Facebook.apk.html
Copy to SD card then do the following

Windows users (with ADB working)
1. Open a CMD (command promt window)
Type:
- adb remount
- adb shell
- cd /sdcard

Phone Users:
1. Open a Terminal Window:
2. Type the following:
- su
- mount /system -o remount,rw
- cd /sdcard

You don't need to reboot... Apps will show up immediately in your menu. (You'll need to put them back on your Home Screen if you had them there though)

For adb you can just use adb install -r <path to>/facebook.apk, no need for complications

add3421

Mar 4, 2007
Wilmington!
You don't really need to push this to the phone. I installed it like any other app through Astro. Also, I only used the app for about a minute and already found something I don't like, your notifications get pulled up through the browser.

yeah but the old version didn't even have notifications. at least its some sort of progress...

simon.romin

Jul 1, 2009
Does anyone else have this odd white block at the top of every page?

I can't imagine that'd be a intended design feature.

I think this version is really good with photos and photo comments.

dills84

Jan 2, 2008
I like how we can finally comment on photos and view photo comments... But it is weird that ALL notifactions lead to the web app, and so does alot of the news feed links.

Ayesuku

Jun 2, 2009
Yeah, there is a white box in the top, I noticed right off the bat.

Also, if someone uploads a picture and it shows up on your new feed and you click to view it, it opens the browser, even though the app is capable of viewing pictures alone now. That's probably just an error though, that'll get fixed.

Overall, though, this version of the app is SOO much better than the first version, and I really, really like it.

add3421

Mar 4, 2007
Wilmington!
Yeah, there is a white box in the top, I noticed right off the bat.

Also, if someone uploads a picture and it shows up on your new feed and you click to view it, it opens the browser, even though the app is capable of viewing pictures alone now. That's probably just an error though, that'll get fixed.

Overall, though, this version of the app is SOO much better than the first version, and I really, really like it.

yeah im really hoping the they trash the links to the browser ASAP.

well you can view peoples uploaded pics, not tagged inside the app, which is SICK. but tagged pics have to be put in.

Last edited: