Question FaceID for pixel 6 pro?

Search This thread

mr.shezi

Jun 10, 2012
Karachi
Honestly they could've just kept that feature only for Lockscreen not the bank apps. It could've been a lot better unlocking experience in Pixel 6 because their fingerprint sensor suckss!

Reactions: bush911

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My security is my phone is always on me. :) I never have left a phone anywhere, lost one, or had one stolen...
    Was about to say this. Wifi/Location unlocking when at work is not a good idea.

There is a reason why we lock our phones, and no human is perfect - you might forget it for a moment, or get distracted - whatever.

If someone doesn't care for security in any way (I am perfect & my phone will 24/7 stay on me, no matter what) then he/she/is doesn't need any sort of security active in the first place.
    Yeah until you want to you a service like "Google pay" you have to have a lock on your phone or you can't use it.
    I am using Trusted Location. Seems like its working fine. Google 'begs' to have you turn 'on' location function for several of its niceties to work. So security joins the growing pile.
    Trusted location is poor security, for many reasons.

Anyone at the location can unlock your phone, so for most of us it's not a solution.
    There were reports that FaceID is in the code, but that it was not used on the P6 because it drains the battery. Since the battery is not great as is, I can see the point. I also wonder how secure it is, as Apple uses dedicated hardware to ensure security (thus the notch), but Google seems to rely on the camera alone -- I assume it's a more secure unlock than the totally inon-secure fake FaceID unlocks on many Chinese phones, like Xiaomi.

On another note, I am trying to use my Garmin watch as a trusted device, but about half the time it doesn't work and the phone would ask for PIN. The trusted device implementation, at least with a watch, is kind of a joke, so I am thinking of disabling it at this point.
    I am using Trusted Location. Seems like its working fine. Google 'begs' to have you turn 'on' location function for several of its niceties to work. So security joins the growing pile.