• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Facing following issues with Oneplus 9 pro

Search This thread

SiameseKitten

Jun 22, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I hope you guys are all good and well. I'm new here. I bought 9 pro 2 days back. And this mobile is good. But I'm facing number of issues that I couldn't resolve it even I'm googling around for many days. So here are the following issues.
1:- I'm trying to remove icons borders which looks very annoying and old style. I believe no one's fuddy-duddy and like this around here.
2:- The clock doesn't have am and pm . You cant tell whether its evening or morning.
3:- Whenever you get messages in WhatsApp, SMS , Viber etc. there's no small popup on the icon to show number of messages.
I'm addressing these issues because I'd Honor 6x which I've been using for 4 years which worked wonderfully without any issues with above problems I mentioned.
I hope you guys all help me out here. Waiting for your kind quick response.
Thank you

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
1.... Use a custom launcher like Nova Launcher,etc. Or you can find a theme and edit icons by long press on icon,select edit,click icon and pick from your favorite icon pack.
2. You may need root for am or pm,unsure on that one.
And 3. Use a custom launcher like Nova Launcher Prime and in the menu there is a selection for notification dots.
Hope this helps you and welcome to the community.

Reactions: SiameseKitten

Funk Wizard

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2014
New Delhi
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
1. You can always use a custom icon pack from the play store if you don't like the stock icons.

2. Simply use the 24-hour format as adding AM/PM takes more space on the status bar which is already compromised due to the front camera position.

3. OnePlus launcher provides you with an option of notification dots. If you are used to having the notification count, you may use any third-party launcher like Nova Launcher which has the unread count option in the Prime version.

OxygenOS is OnePlus's own skin over stock Android and may not have some customization options provided by other OEM's like MIUI or EMUI so the transition in the initial days will be a little troublesome if you are used to using a lot of customization but in the long run it will prove beneficial and one less thing to worry about in your life.

Have fun :)

Reactions: SiameseKitten

SiameseKitten

Jun 22, 2021
Thanks for the kind replies everyone. This means a lot to me. Although i wasn't expecting this from one plus as i read many reviews. But again thankyou very much. If there's app release in future which features these all stuff. let me know
Besides i installed Nucleo UI . Pretty much mitigated the issues. But still notification count is not solved yet. I'm still googling around. If i found some i'll let you know guys here. Let me know when you guys something better.

Reactions: galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1.... Use a custom launcher like Nova Launcher,etc. Or you can find a theme and edit icons by long press on icon,select edit,click icon and pick from your favorite icon pack.
    2. You may need root for am or pm,unsure on that one.
    And 3. Use a custom launcher like Nova Launcher Prime and in the menu there is a selection for notification dots.
    Hope this helps you and welcome to the community.
    And if you're curious about night or day,am/pm, take a look out your window haha
    1. You can always use a custom icon pack from the play store if you don't like the stock icons.

2. Simply use the 24-hour format as adding AM/PM takes more space on the status bar which is already compromised due to the front camera position.

3. OnePlus launcher provides you with an option of notification dots. If you are used to having the notification count, you may use any third-party launcher like Nova Launcher which has the unread count option in the Prime version.

OxygenOS is OnePlus's own skin over stock Android and may not have some customization options provided by other OEM's like MIUI or EMUI so the transition in the initial days will be a little troublesome if you are used to using a lot of customization but in the long run it will prove beneficial and one less thing to worry about in your life.

Have fun :)
    you can change the hour format on settings>system>time and date
    Thanks for the kind replies everyone. This means a lot to me. Although i wasn't expecting this from one plus as i read many reviews. But again thankyou very much. If there's app release in future which features these all stuff. let me know
    Besides i installed Nucleo UI . Pretty much mitigated the issues. But still notification count is not solved yet. I'm still googling around. If i found some i'll let you know guys here. Let me know when you guys something better.