• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

factory data reset is disabled by kill switch lg v30

Search This thread

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
I think I read somewhere that if you select chip erase in LGUP it will wipe it out, including your imei and or serial number. If you can backup your imei and or serial, and find a way to restore it, it might work.

I didn’t risk doing that to my v30 that was kill switch blocked so I returned it to Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yahya2110

Nov 9, 2011
AGADIR
Don't worry I've been through this problem and solution ia simple.
-Boot the phone in normal.
-Plug in the usb cable in your phone and connect to the computer.
-Then type "adb reboot bootloader". When u boot into fastbooot then type "fasboot boot recovery or whatever u named the file.
-Then u will boot into twrp.
thanks but in command it said : device not found ,i'm stuck with white lg logo ,i can't access nor to the fastboot or the twrp recovery now

yahya2110

Nov 9, 2011
AGADIR
Odd. Did you flash the twrp image, and then boot the image? as per the WTF instructions?

What command, specifically, are you entering, and then getting this message?

thanks for the reply...i don't have any MCaffe stuff ...my lg v30 is an h930 europe variante...i can't now access to fastboot command via pc...it says :device not found...i'm stuck with white lg v30 logo now,i can't boot nor to the twrp or fastboot mode,i can't enter fastboot with volume down or something

yahya2110

Nov 9, 2011
AGADIR
thanks guys it's strange but finally i did solve the problem...my lg v30 is now booting to the fastboot mode and i can access to twrp...thanks again guys for your support

Top Liked Posts