Factory Image 5.0.2 (LRX22G)

Search This thread

tclarkey

Nov 27, 2010
Oswego, IL
I noticed that as well. Any reason why it's not alerting me to update? I can always d/l the link, but that does a full wipe and don't really feel like setting things back up again.

Any reason why it's not doing the update on it's own?

BorgKing

Mar 1, 2009
Any reason why it's not doing the update on it's own?
Google does staged rollouts with OTA of new Android versions, so at first only 1% of devices receives the new update (source: Droid-Life).
As soon as someone gets the OTA url and publishes it, it will appear on this thread and you can sideload it without having to do a factory reset. Alternatively, you could apply the Factory Image without the "-w" flag, but that's a little more risky (although with the minor update from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 it should be fine, I did it on my Nexus 5 from 5.0 to 5.0.1 and it runs fine).

4tune

Aug 31, 2007
Alkmaar
Google does staged rollouts with OTA of new Android versions, so at first only 1% of devices receives the new update (source: Droid-Life).
As soon as someone gets the OTA url and publishes it, it will appear on this thread and you can sideload it without having to do a factory reset. Alternatively, you could apply the Factory Image without the "-w" flag, but that's a little more risky (although with the minor update from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 it should be fine, I did it on my Nexus 5 from 5.0 to 5.0.1 and it runs fine).

Or alternatively unpack and flash only system.img, that will preserve your data.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone