• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[FACTORY IMAGES] Nexus 5 aka Hammerhead & Android 4.4 [KRT16M]

Search This thread

wngmv

Sep 9, 2009
Since no one has a phone yet.....

But devs over at N4 forums are already cracking....Who knows...My phone may be up and running 4.4 before my N5 actually arrives.

mils69

Aug 6, 2009
London
given there is only one factory image (for now) yet both a US-only phone and a 'Rest of the World' phone are being sold.. are we assuming/hoping we'll be able to unlock all frequencies or convert from one to the other?

bozzykid

May 1, 2011
given there is only one factory image (for now) yet both a US-only phone and a 'Rest of the World' phone are being sold.. are we assuming/hoping we'll be able to unlock all frequencies or convert from one to the other?

No. I don't think anyone thinks hardware features will be magically unlocked. There would be no reason to disable bands for each variant. LTE is hard to include with all the different bands. So they have to to cover their bases. I don't see how you could enable the bands that aren't in the hardware.

Last edited:

mils69

Aug 6, 2009
London
No. I don't think anyone thinks hardware features will be magically unlocked. There would be no reason to disable bands for each variant. LTE is hard to include with all the different bands. So they have 2 to cover their bases. I don't see how you could enable the bands that aren't in the hardware.

so given there appears to be only a single factory image that implies Google have changed their approach (finally?)

Chef_Tony

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 8, 2008

Top Liked Posts