Factory reset major failure

Search This thread

Droxman80

May 15, 2022
I attempted to do a factory reset thinking that the system would automatically revert back to EMUI from Harmony OS. Apparently that was a big mistake because once I get to the last step after connecting to Wifi it keeps saying "Unable to connect to the server, tap to try again." I'm completely stuck and lost. Some help and insight would be greatly appreciated.
I also have photos of every step setup takes me through if anyone needs visuals. Once again, much thanks 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Droxman80

May 15, 2022
I have the similar problem...
Have you solved the problem?
Unfortunately not yet. I took my phone to a repair shop this morning and they were baffled with the scenario. They said they've never seen a phone get stuck on the final setup screen.

What about you, any luck? I can't find anything related to our particular situation when searching Google.

Romelhome

May 20, 2022
This problem can be solved by HCU utitlity (https://hcu-client.com/category/tutorials/).
It is paid.
Need unlock bootloader to recover factory Andoid version.
All phone requests are blocked on Huawei servers - therefore, VPN will not help here..
I also took it to the repair shop - and so and so to pay, but there is no alternative to this device yet.

Droxman80

May 15, 2022

Romelhome

May 20, 2022
As I understand it, this is the version that came in the box (Android 9)...
If it remains after installation Harmony OS.
I don’t remember the version EMUI...