Factory reseting a Smart TV

Search This thread

Sexyteacher

Jan 23, 2022
Hello evryone,

I'm a bit in a pickle here, i got a smart TV (zephir store brand) that costantly loops trough the zephir logo and smarttv logo.
As far as i know the tv fuction perfectly fine until the previus owner tried to performe a firmware update, during the update something went wrong and now we are in this situation.

Till now i have tried the following:
  1. Turning it of and on
  2. Un plug the power and wait for 1h
  3. Tried to perform a factory reset via remote
  4. Tried to perform a factory reset while holding the power button
  5. Tried to perform a factory reset while holding the power button and the volume down button
  6. Tried to perform a factory reset while holding the power button and the volume up button
  7. Tried to connect an usb keyboard
  8. tried to connect via usb to PC
Nothing of the above showed any sing of response at this point the owner has given up on the TV but i still wana try to use it as a second monitor or something, so with all of that i'm coming here to seek the wisdom of the XDA forums. Any and all help would be apriciated form jailbraking to rooting, turning it into a monitor with no android fucionality, how to access the shell file anything at all.

Sexyteacher

Jan 23, 2022
Alright, so I couldn't find any firmware anywhere whatsoever for the Zephir brand. Tried loading a differend brand one for the same logic board. Managed to boot it but the picture was inverted and doubled. Made it to the source selection screen. Attempted to load a different firmware. The tv crashed while loading the booter. Now it won't even turn on the power indicator LED. So I guess it's well and truly cooked.
I could find the board online for like € 40 but I'm pretty sure they come without any firmware or OS? Does anyone know if it'd be worth a try, especially without being able to source the OEM firware?

Does anyone know if there is a way of making just the screen run on an arduino or something, I only need it to run HDMI anyways, 'cause I was planning on using it as a monitor anyways. The logic board is a CV538H-a.

If anyone has a suggestion I'd be glad to give it a go, otherwise i guess I'll bin it.