Factory resetting a Galaxy Tab Active 3 without the pin code

Search This thread

TheTomerP

Jun 22, 2016
Hi, how can I factory reset a Galaxy Tab Active 3 without the pin code? I tried rebooting it into recovery mode using the side button + volume down, but that only restarts the device. Side button + volume up + home button won't do anything. Any advice please?

abuadal

Aug 19, 2017
Islamabad
Hi, how can I factory reset a Galaxy Tab Active 3 without the pin code? I tried rebooting it into recovery mode using the side button + volume down, but that only restarts the device. Side button + volume up + home button won't do anything. Any advice please?
I am facing the same problem. Please let me know if you managed to get that reset ro reboot to recovery mode.
Many thanks.

checho_85

Nov 14, 2010

Galaxy Tab Active 3 cannot get into Download/Recovery mode​

Hello,

I have Galaxy Tab Active 3. When started it says Powered By Know. I am not sure if Know is enabled on it or not. Cannot login into it as I don't know the password. So I wanted to reset the device so I can use it as personal device.
However, when I tried to get into download/recovery mode with Power VolUp/Down these do not work. The device simply continues to normal boot mode, despite the fact I am holding Power/VolUP, Power/VolDown, Power/VolUp/Home - all combinations I tried.

Any advice how can I get it in recovery so I can wipe out everything?

Last edited by a moderator: