Factory screen protector

Search This thread

marko68

Mar 16, 2007
Edinburgh
Xiaomi Mi 11
I think to see a factory screen protector on my p20 pro. It takes a lot of dirt and fingerprints... Do you think its possible to remove it and replace with a glass screen protector?

deepmenace

Mar 3, 2009
yeah i dont like the factory protector - its been fitted poorly too - its not right in the centre...really makes the phone look a lot worse

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Dunno, saw some guy did it on YouTube

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CLT-L29 met Tapatalk

link?

tCC

Jan 8, 2005
yeah i dont like the factory protector - its been fitted poorly too - its not right in the centre...really makes the phone look a lot worse

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

link?
Can't remember which review it was, saw a lot of them, sorry

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CLT-L29 met Tapatalk

DaveP2611

Aug 11, 2014
Basildon
Mines peeling at the bottom already, have a glass one on order to arrive today so will leave on till that has turned up than will be ripping it off.

burso

Apr 17, 2018
I have the P20 and after seeing one in flesh at the local Vodafone store which had the factory fitted screen protector removed I've quickly decided to ditch mine. I'm convinced the screen has a good oleophobic layer applied as it doesn't smudge easily and is very easy to wipe. I'd definitely recommend to take it off.

tCC

Jan 8, 2005
I have the P20 and after seeing one in flesh at the local Vodafone store which had the factory fitted screen protector removed I've quickly decided to ditch mine. I'm convinced the screen has a good oleophobic layer applied as it doesn't smudge easily and is very easy to wipe. I'd definitely recommend to take it off.
I've read that the screen itself does NOT have an oleophobic coating, so a protector is a must

Robb89

Apr 17, 2018
Hi to all,
i'm still waiting to found a decent tempered glass for my new p20 pro.
Actually there is something on the web but nothing really "special" on the market, for now.

Got some advices ?

burso

Apr 17, 2018
I've read that the screen itself does NOT have an oleophobic coating, so a protector is a must

Can you share the source please?
I'm unable to post external links, check the wifihifi.ca review:
"The P20 has a 5.8-inch LCD (2,244x1,090) with an 18:7:9 aspect ratio. The P20 Pro has a 6.1-inch OLED display with the same resolution and aspect ratio as its smaller sibling. It's also worth noting that both screens have oleophobic coating, a common feature on smartphone screens to ward off oils and fingerprints. The P10 and P10 Plus are unusual in that they didn't, so Huawei chose to include a screen protector with each of those devices."

Obviously I cannot guarantee the source is Huawei or the reviewer.
All I was trying to say was the screen is less fingerprint prone than with the factory fitted screen protector (which is rubbish) and I know that for fact. I was not able to find any real life user experience on the web, so thought I'd share mine.

lisnalee

Jul 5, 2012
I'm going to keep mine until it gets tatty then bin it. The new novelty will have wore off by then and I'll go without any

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden

"The P20 has a 5.8-inch LCD (2,244x1,090) with an 18:7:9 aspect ratio. The P20 Pro has a 6.1-inch OLED display with the same resolution and aspect ratio as its smaller sibling. It's also worth noting that both screens have oleophobic coating, a common feature on smartphone screens to ward off oils and fingerprints. The P10 and P10 Plus are unusual in that they didn't, so Huawei chose to include a screen protector with each of those devices."

All I was trying to say was the screen is less fingerprint prone than with the factory fitted screen protector (which is rubbish) and I know that for fact. I was not able to find any real life user experience on the web, so thought I'd share mine.

I have removed the factory protector and the screen has oleophobic coating.

Reactions: burso

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have removed the factory protector and the screen has oleophobic coating.
    i wouldn't trust whathifi as the uk site reports that Netflix works in HDR on the P20 Pro when infact it doesn't

On my version .106 Netflix HDR works on the P20 Pro.
    Can people stop post reply of firmware and Netflix version on this thread please. It is completely off topic and very annoying for people looking for answers to the OP's question.

Still would like more confirmation of oleophobic coating under the screen protector. I remember old Sony Xperia days, where there is no oleophobic coating under factory installed plastic screen protector even on their flagship phones.