FAIL! SHA256 is invalid! When Trying to flash unbranded software on SM-G988U

Search This thread

chris5h

Dec 12, 2007
Hi all,

I am trying to reflash the unbranded firmware back on my unlocked S20 Ultra with Odin 3.14.4. I was able to flash the T-mo version, and currently my phone is tmo branded, so that worked, but everytime I try to flash back i get the SHA256 error. I do not know if it is because I am trying to flash the wrong firmware or I am doing something else wrong.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks everyone.

west2cool

Dec 15, 2009
Durham
Hi all,

I am trying to reflash the unbranded firmware back on my unlocked S20 Ultra with Odin 3.14.4. I was able to flash the T-mo version, and currently my phone is tmo branded, so that worked, but everytime I try to flash back i get the SHA256 error. I do not know if it is because I am trying to flash the wrong firmware or I am doing something else wrong.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks everyone.
Ensure you don't any other usb devices plugged into the pc.

chris5h

Dec 12, 2007
Thank you for the reply, that is not the issue though. Tested re flashing the Tmo firmware that is currently on it and it flashed ok. Its just tryign to reflash to the original unbranded that fails.

d_ganggreen

Mar 3, 2014
Schertz
I am considering doing this to get the June security update. Any issues with using the "other" version of Odin? Is your phone still official. Also curious is stock advance messaging still works.

Thanks.

v/r
"D"

So I installed and it went back to the stock firmware. No longer do I have the tmobile bootscreen or additional software. What I am concerned with though is I tried an OTA update and I get: Your current software version isn't supported. Visit a service center.

What can I do about this?

Stank0

Jul 2, 2008
all over the country
So I installed and it went back to the stock firmware. No longer do I have the tmobile bootscreen or additional software. What I am concerned with though is I tried an OTA update and I get: Your current software version isn't supported. Visit a service center.

What can I do about this?

If you used HOME_CSC, that might be your culprit.
I had this issue when I flashed TMO firmware on the unlocked phone. With me being lazy, I didn't want to start from scratch and flashed HOME_CSC to experience this exact issue. As soon as I flashed with full wipe, this issue was solved.

d_ganggreen

Mar 3, 2014
Schertz
If you used HOME_CSC, that might be your culprit.
I had this issue when I flashed TMO firmware on the unlocked phone. With me being lazy, I didn't want to start from scratch and flashed HOME_CSC to experience this exact issue. As soon as I flashed with full wipe, this issue was solved.

That was the issue. I factory reset from the phone itself and all is good now. I do NOT have the native advanced messaging though

Top Liked Posts