• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[FAILED] Android 7.1.1 with all note8 features (Note4 Snapdragon ONLY)

Search This thread

manne48

Sep 8, 2011
Bielefeld
We have a BIG idea!
Develop android 8.0 with all note8 features for galaxy Note4.
But we need developers, so if you are a developer and you want to help join us please.

chat.whatsapp.com/4sNAR4IIO1MCDfq4B0twdL
(copy that link to your browser and it will take you to our group)
Thanks!!
That would be so great if a few devs will be found, m any people are waiting for this!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Zaileion

Zaileion

Nov 11, 2012
I'm not a dev but I have a note 4 Sprint and can be a tester or do other tasks. I'm in!

Can we use something other than WhatsApp? I 2nd the telegram notion.

oddbehreif

Sep 28, 2012
Turku
Let's go over this one more time

You want to port Android 8.0 to Note 4. Are you talking about porting official TW Oreo from Note 8, or porting all TW features - proprietary, closed-source Samsung code - from TW to AOSP?

Miustone

Let's go over this one more time

You want to port Android 8.0 to Note 4. Are you talking about porting official TW Oreo from Note 8, or porting all TW features - proprietary, closed-source Samsung code - from TW to AOSP?

Good luck with Porting a 64Bit System to a 32Bit Device... Simply not possible. And ported 64Bit Sammy Features on 32Bit AOSP? Mhh... The Note 4 may be the last good Sammy Device, but we will never see newer Samsung Software on it as Marshmallow Ports or pure AOSP/Lineage. Correct Me if i'm wrong but i think that's it....

ananjaser1211

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Good luck with Porting a 64Bit System to a 32Bit Device... Simply not possible. And ported 64Bit Sammy Features on 32Bit AOSP? Mhh... The Note 4 may be the last good Sammy Device, but we will never see newer Samsung Software on it as Marshmallow Ports or pure AOSP/Lineage. Correct Me if i'm wrong but i think that's it....

Well generally speaking when you port a rom (Nougat , MM whatever the case maybe) from a 64bit device, you dont port it as 64bit obviously unless the arch is unlocked and ready for it, you port it as 32Bit, the only limitation in terms of Touchwiz is when a certin app has only 64bit libs (Bixby voice is a great example) so even if you run api 24 (nougat) you wont be able to use such apps, But firmware side you can port it without issues, All 64bit phones include a set of 32bit libs aswell. and in terms of snapdragon Note 4 , yes you will never see a nougat or higher ""TOUCHWIZ"" based rom, Exynos however is already running Nougat.

Lineage 14.x is running great,if the drivers are there why slouldnt run a N8port dousnt run?

As we all know you cant run TouchWiz based applications on AOSP (SystemUI / Launcher and many more) due to the fact that they require SEM codes (Samsung experience mobile), If samsung had their system sources up then you would have been able to, But just converting LOS 14 or AOSP to TouchWiz is just not gonna happen

geiti94

Mar 18, 2009
Zürich
Lineage 14.x is running great,if the drivers are there why slouldnt run a N8port dousnt run?

because will never work since sammy needs his own android runtime etc etc for boot because it have methods etc needed from the framework etc. try to install the n8 launcher on lineage and you see what happens. it give fc. even after you add the missing method it will again fc and even when you add all missing methods that launcher needs in frameworks it will still fc because methods in the main libs are missing. and using sammy libs on lineage one is impossible since after some libs replace it will give a nice blackscreen

ShaDisNX255

Hello,i have a question,the dates from the N4 and Nexus 6 are quite similar:
https://www.inside-handy.de/handy-ve...-galaxy-note-4

For the nexus 6 exists an Android 8 port,
https://www.getdroidtips.com/lineage...oogle-nexus-6/

So,is it possible to make from this one a poert for our N4??

best regards,
manne

I think it is possible to port Oreo to the Note 4, but not TW version of Oreo (in other words, include all Note 8 features in an Oreo port)
It will most likely be ported as Lineage or RR without the extra Sammy features, idk.

Reactions: manne48

manne48

Sep 8, 2011
Bielefeld
I think it is possible to port Oreo to the Note 4, but not TW version of Oreo (in other words, include all Note 8 features in an Oreo port)
It will most likely be ported as Lineage or RR without the extra Sammy features, idk.
That would be good to have oreo,even without tw,hope it comes next time,rr or lineage...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Remember when XDA used to have Logic and common sense ?
    We have a BIG idea!
    Develop android 7.1.1 with all note8 (it means Samsung experience 8.5 and new kernel) features for galaxy Note4.
    But we need developers, so if you are a developer and you want to help join us please.

https://t.me/joinchat/FVug2kOlC2SYvnfM38O4iw
    (copy that link to your browser and it will take you to our group)
    Thanks!!

Well generally speaking when you port a rom (Nougat , MM whatever the case maybe) from a 64bit device, you dont port it as 64bit obviously unless the arch is unlocked and ready for it, you port it as 32Bit, the only limitation in terms of Touchwiz is when a certin app has only 64bit libs (Bixby voice is a great example) so even if you run api 24 (nougat) you wont be able to use such apps, But firmware side you can port it without issues, All 64bit phones include a set of 32bit libs aswell. and in terms of snapdragon Note 4 , yes you will never see a nougat or higher ""TOUCHWIZ"" based rom, Exynos however is already running Nougat.

As we all know you cant run TouchWiz based applications on AOSP (SystemUI / Launcher and many more) due to the fact that they require SEM codes (Samsung experience mobile), If samsung had their system sources up then you would have been able to, But just converting LOS 14 or AOSP to TouchWiz is just not gonna happen

because will never work since sammy needs his own android runtime etc etc for boot because it have methods etc needed from the framework etc. try to install the n8 launcher on lineage and you see what happens. it give fc. even after you add the missing method it will again fc and even when you add all missing methods that launcher needs in frameworks it will still fc because methods in the main libs are missing. and using sammy libs on lineage one is impossible since after some libs replace it will give a nice blackscreen
    I''m interested. How about using Telegram instead? Much better.