Question FAILED (remote: 'Download is not allowed on locked devices')

Search This thread

chatofking

Jul 1, 2022
i wnat to root https://www.xda-developers.com/root/
when i try
D:\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot D:\platform-tools/magisk_patched-25100_1VYTU.img
it show
Code:
Sending 'boot' (98304 KB)                          FAILED (remote: 'Download is not allowed on locked devices')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
when i try
D:\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot D:\platform-tools/magisk_patched-25100_1VYTU.img
it show
Code:
Sending 'boot' (98304 KB)                          FAILED (remote: 'Download is not allowed on locked devices')
Rename the patched boot.img to "boot.img", then place the patched .img in your fastboot folder on PC then type:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

When you place the file in your fastboot folder, you don't need to include the path to the file in the command, it automatically looks for the file in the fastboot folder by default when you do not enter a path. Renaming the file to "boot.img" isn't necessarily required, but, it does simplify things for fastboot and makes the command easier to remember and type.

The same applies if you want to flash a system.img, recovery.img, etc.. Just change the name of the file to "system.img" or "recovery.img" and place it/them in your fastboot folder and it simplifies your commands to:

fastboot flash system system.img

And

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Also, try this for the failed command

Reactions: chatofking

chatofking

Jul 1, 2022
now i got same message
D:\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot boot.img
Code:

Last edited:

chatofking

Jul 1, 2022

im already try this verify cmd location, install fastboot driver & boot fastboot mode nothing change.
Code:
D:\platform-tools>fastboot oem unlock
FAILED (remote: 'Unable to open fastboot HAL')
what should i do ??

Last edited:

xXx yYy

Feb 4, 2017
when i try
it show
Code:
You've to unlock device's bootloader. Hence 1st of all if you want to manage the / operate on the bootloader you have to move device into fastboot mode and then run on device if it's launched 2015 or later

Code:
fastboot flashing unlock
[code]

instead of the outdated

[code]
fastboot oem-unlock

chatofking

Jul 1, 2022
You've to unlock device's bootloader. Hence 1st of all if you want to manage the / operate on the bootloader you have to move device into fastboot mode and then run on device if it's launched 2015 or later

Code:
fastboot flashing unlock
[code]

instead of the outdated

[code]
fastboot oem-unlock
when i try
D:\platform-tools>fastboot flashing unlock
it show
Code:
FAILED (remote: 'Unrecognized command flashing unlock')
i use https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
what should i do ??

xXx yYy

Feb 4, 2017
The platform tools you actually use are meant to be used with Google devices only.
Use the Android USB-tools provided by your device's manufacturer.

bencinilife

Feb 21, 2023
I'm having simular issue with my specter 8 tablet. I unlock the bootloader and give me the normal prompt. I go back do everything else and will execute reboot devices ect. However won't flash patch_boot.img brings up message

FAILED (remote: 'Download is not allowed on locked devices').

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    when i try
    it show
    Code:
    Rename the patched boot.img to "boot.img", then place the patched .img in your fastboot folder on PC then type:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

When you place the file in your fastboot folder, you don't need to include the path to the file in the command, it automatically looks for the file in the fastboot folder by default when you do not enter a path. Renaming the file to "boot.img" isn't necessarily required, but, it does simplify things for fastboot and makes the command easier to remember and type.

The same applies if you want to flash a system.img, recovery.img, etc.. Just change the name of the file to "system.img" or "recovery.img" and place it/them in your fastboot folder and it simplifies your commands to:

fastboot flash system system.img

And

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

when i try
    it show
    Code:

Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock
    [code]

instead of the outdated

[code]
    fastboot oem-unlock
    The platform tools you actually use are meant to be used with Google devices only.
    Use the Android USB-tools provided by your device's manufacturer.