Failed to root Galaxy S8 + 955F Exynos International

andresg97

Dec 15, 2015
So i followed this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqhdq_A47DY&feature=youtu.be

I did exactly everything he does in the video, but i always ended up with the same error upon booting.

It would say something like "verification failed. unable to restart your device. the integrity verification has failed.you need to reset your device to factory default settings."
I tried the method multiple times but the same error shows up.

Any idea what could it be? Thank you!:good:

M3ph15t

Feb 10, 2016
Hello andresg97,

have you tried to follow the instructions as shown in the TWRP Thread?
At least you should be able to boot into recovery, from there you can install TWRP and the the only thing you need to get a working phone back is a ROM, the Renovate ROM works fine for me.

The Tools and ROM I mentioned:

TWRP Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/development/recovery-twrp-galaxy-s8-exynos-t3595102
TWRP instructions for Installation: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72004368&postcount=3
Renovate ROMThread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...ovate-ice-g950-g955-android-7-0-aqdg-t3598040

andresg97

Dec 15, 2015
Hello andresg97,

At least you should be able to boot into recovery, from there you can install TWRP and the the only thing you need to get a working phone back is a ROM, the Renovate ROM works fine for me.

TWRP Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/development/recovery-twrp-galaxy-s8-exynos-t3595102
TWRP instructions for Installation: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72004368&postcount=3
Renovate ROMThread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...ovate-ice-g950-g955-android-7-0-aqdg-t3598040

Thank you! It works fine, thank you very much!
To everyone else who had similar problems , FOLLOW THE GUIDE this guy is linking, it works perfectly, i followed two youtubers before asking here, one made me end up with a boot loop, and the other one made me end up with the error upon boot.

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Shouldn't have done it. The phone is less than a month old and you are expecting everyone to have everything for it. Congratulations on having a brick.
I have to say I am somewhat surprised at your post. It does not reflect the general attitude that is usually so prevalent in this forum. I wonder why you even posted. All you did was condemn the guy for having tried something without offering anything supportive beyond your comment - "congratulations for having a brick." It would have been better if you just kept your thoughts to yourself if you don't plan on offering anything constructive.

Bricking a samsung device is actually pretty hard to do - and most issues can be overcome. Obviously some bricks are real bricks - but usually via Odin, there is a way to at least return the phone to full stock before either giving up or trying again.

Sorry, I don't mean to harp on you - but I just get frustrated when I see such negativity without any offer of help or support. Hope you never end up in a similar situation - and if you do, I hope whoever reads your post treats you better than you treated the OP.

M3ph15t

Feb 10, 2016
To everyone else who had similar problems , FOLLOW THE GUIDE this guy is linking, it works perfectly, i followed two youtubers before asking here, one made me end up with a boot loop, and the other one made me end up with the error upon boot.
I'm glad I could help, have fun with your phone ;)

Reactions: andresg97

KingFoltest

Jun 12, 2014
Novi Pazar
I have to say I am somewhat surprised at your post. It does not reflect the general attitude that is usually so prevalent in this forum. I wonder why you even posted. All you did was condemn the guy for having tried something without offering anything supportive beyond your comment - "congratulations for having a brick." It would have been better if you just kept your thoughts to yourself if you don't plan on offering anything constructive.

Bricking a samsung device is actually pretty hard to do - and most issues can be overcome. Obviously some bricks are real bricks - but usually via Odin, there is a way to at least return the phone to full stock before either giving up or trying again.

Sorry, I don't mean to harp on you - but I just get frustrated when I see such negativity without any offer of help or support. Hope you never end up in a similar situation - and if you do, I hope whoever reads your post treats you better than you treated the OP.
I understand.. I must be furious at that moment how somebody could possibly do something to a brand new phone. I am sorry though, will keep my opinions to myself, if they aren't constructive.

Reactions: mocsab

peachpuff

Aug 31, 2010
Shouldn't have done it. The phone is less than a month old and you are expecting everyone to have everything for it. Congratulations on having a brick.
The only thing he shouldn't of done was follow a youtubers guide on rooting, all they do is read xda and make a video of it, should of came here first and asked questions, next time he'll know.

emilge

Jul 1, 2017
hello!

I had the same verification problem you had, and followed these steps to solve it.

I have wiped my s8, and flashed as well as initialized TWRP on my phone. Now in TWRP recovery I'm trying to transfer the Renovate flashable zip, but every time I try to transfer the file the transfer fails. Doing it by drag n drop in windows the transfer freezes midway, and then the connection to the pc is cut, and I have to reboot the phone to reestablish it. After that I have a corrupt zip in like 70 % of the actual size.

Doing it by push command in ADB gives me an error saying my device is out of space after transferring around 60-70%, even though there's ~52 gb free space.

Do any of you have any idea why this happens? I'm able to transfer other, smaller files to the phones internal storage. Is there some setting limiting what I can transfer?

kittiyut

Mar 6, 2006
Portland

I felt exactly the same, and even irritated! Thanks for pointing it out to the guy in such a professional way :)

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
You must be fun at parties. You should just leave xda with that attitude. I rooted day 1, no issues.

Sent from my S8+Rooted

DKC11

Jul 14, 2017
Does not work for me

Hello andresg97,

Hey! Can u help me please, it does not work for me! My skype is den170602

pmforjc

Jul 19, 2017
A little help please?

Hey! Can u help me please, it does not work for me! My skype is den170602
It doesnt work for me either... My first initial attempted install of twrp gave me a pass but the phone would not boot into twrp. It is stuck at the galaxy S8+ logo... I can boot into download mode and thats all... holding the power bixby and volume up buttons does nothing. I have tried to flash twrp several times now and keep getting a fail in odin. I have also tried flashing a stock rom several times as well but odin fails at that too... followed xda giudes for both procedures and no luck. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated... Thank You

numloxx1978

Apr 9, 2011
Perth
Hi all,

I found this thread because I did the exact same thing.
I flashed TWRP via ODIN, and came up with that screen about data not being verified, only option was to click "Erase".
Thankfully, I powered down the phone, booted to Recovery (Samsung), and displayed:
"Appling Multi-CSC-, applied CSC-Code : TEL (Telstra Aus) blah blahblah..
Successfully verify for dmverity hash tree."
Rebooted, and all was ok again..
Nearly passed out from shock though.
I did a Helium backup of my app data, but not the other files on my phone, which I am doing right now!
Still not sure what I did wrong with flashing TWRP though. It flashed fine...

Sjant

Dec 29, 2014
Denmark
www.gravholt.net
Hi all,

I found this thread because I did the exact same thing.
I flashed TWRP via ODIN, and came up with that screen about data not being verified, only option was to click "Erase".
Thankfully, I powered down the phone, booted to Recovery (Samsung), and displayed:
"Appling Multi-CSC-, applied CSC-Code : TEL (Telstra Aus) blah blahblah..
Successfully verify for dmverity hash tree."
Rebooted, and all was ok again..
Nearly passed out from shock though.
I did a Helium backup of my app data, but not the other files on my phone, which I am doing right now!
Still not sure what I did wrong with flashing TWRP though. It flashed fine...
Sounds like you didn't wipe data or flashing the dm-verity disabler. Look here for more info https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72004368&postcount=3

Shameera_N

May 27, 2012
NewYork
Enjoy!

Do these exact steps, Do not miss.

1. Reboot to recovery.
2. Do a data wipe (WIPE>FORMAT DATA) And Say "Yes"
3.Go to Reboot and Reboot back to recovery.
4.Download DM Verify Disablerhttps://build.nethunter.com/android-tools/no-verity-opt-encrypt/ , Get the latest.
5.Copy in to the phone and flash it.
6.Go to Reboot and Reboot back to recovery.
7.Now Flash any rom as you wish.
8.Make Sure to Wipe Dalvik, Cache after.

Enjoy!!

Reactions: MHN.1515

abadola

Jan 18, 2014
Hi all,

Please help me to root my s8+ through TWRP. Every time when I patch this via odin my phone says 'unable to restart your phone. the integrity verification has failed. you need to reset your device to factory default settings. this will erase all your data.'. I have thoroughly read this thread but nothing resolve my issue. I have the exynos model purchased from UK.