Failing installing TWRP with Only Official Released Binaries Allowed

Search This thread

lvlanson

Jul 21, 2018
Hey.

I unlocked the bootloader (unlock oem under developer options, and with vol up + down when plugging the usb cable in + vol up for 5sec)
When I try to flash the according TWRP tar I get an error on my tab5se, it says "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed(recovery)

And Odin says "Fail! (Auth)"
I got no clue where to go from here.

I want to install Lineage 17.1 onto the Tab5se.

uSKaoGp.jpg

mtjKe3p.png

lvlanson

Jul 21, 2018
LuK1337's Instructions need to be followed exactly, dont add anything, dont skip anything (Dont wipe anything unless listed). Did you flash the VBMeta image?

I was following faulty instructions. I came across this post a little later and added the VBMeta after I managed to install TWRP. Weirdly I did work and I could manage to install Lineage OS17.1 by now.

Thanks for your assistance :)

Aurey24

Sep 15, 2014
Ann arbor
I was following faulty instructions. I came across this post a little later and added the VBMeta after I managed to install TWRP. Weirdly I did work and I could manage to install Lineage OS17.1 by now.

Thanks for your assistance :)

When that happens it means you skipped a step, usually this means you didnt flash something and boot system to verify OEM unlocking is still on, or atleast thats my experience.

svierkant

Oct 22, 2012
I'm having the same message, but in an early stage. I can't even flash vbmeta.tar. Any idea how to solve this?

romell0018

Feb 1, 2021
have you found a solution?
i need some help , i currently have an s8 everytime i try to flash twrp i get an error saying "only official binaries are allowed to be flashed (recovery) .i downloaded a new stock firmware an flashed it an everything went fine ,but when i went to flash twrp i got the same error (please help)

ling12fanny

Mar 23, 2021
i need some help , i currently have an s8 everytime i try to flash twrp i get an error saying "only official binaries are allowed to be flashed (recovery) .i downloaded a new stock firmware an flashed it an everything went fine ,but when i went to flash twrp i got the same error (please help)
i got same problem. my usb debug is on and oem unlock is on. already flashed the stock firmware and when i try to install twrp in odin i got error of only official binary allowed. please help

nasko7

Dec 12, 2017
Glasgow
oh man, I'm having the exact same issue and all I could find (none of which has worked) is to somehow get rid of the triggered Knox security (boo, Samsung). I'll update you all if I manage to get something working but... I think it's a lost cause so far :(

Jul 20, 2021
Hi XDA Forums,
I SOLVED THIS ISSUE:

All we've to do it to turn the phone on and fulfil these 3 requirements: All these 3 requirements can be found in the settings of the phone (Hereby I'm talking specifically about Samsung devices) and for mine it's Samsung Galaxy S9+.

- Enable Developer Mode, enable USB Debugging.
- From the same developer option, enable the OEM Unlocking (however may require reboot and reset).
- When the device reboots, turn on the device, go to the phone, go to the phone's settings and change the date manually to 2 August 2019.

Once you've change the date which is the last step then you can go back to the DOWNLOAD mode and install your demanded files (Recovery etc).

Thank you XDA.

Last edited:

nasko7

Dec 12, 2017
Glasgow
Hi XDA Forums,
I SOLVED THIS ISSUE:

All we've to do it to turn the phone on and fulfil these 3 requirements: All these 3 requirements can be found in the settings of the phone (Hereby I'm talking specifically about Samsung devices) and for mine it's Samsung Galaxy S9+.

- From the same developer option, enable the OEM Unlocking (however may require reboot and reset).
- When the device reboots, turn on the device, go to the phone, go to the phone's settings and change the date manually to 2 August 2019.

Once you've change the date which is the last step then you can go back to the DOWNLOAD mode and install your demanded files (Recovery etc). If one may face problems, contact me on my whatsapp: +92 3159006552.

Thank you XDA.
I got super excited and immediately wanted to test it out but I still get FAIL in Odin when I try to flash TWRP and "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (RECOVERY)" at the bot left in Download mode under all the text. Weirdly enough though, every time I change the date and restart the phone, it goes back to 28 June 2021 (this may be when I tried installing the stock firmware again but it didn't work either... why can't I just connect to the Samsung servers and automatically get the correct version for my phone, which also doesn't have stuff like jackpotlte in the description... I know I can get the correct firmware from sammobile but I feel like it should be more REAL :D)

Jul 20, 2021
I got super excited and immediately wanted to test it out but I still get FAIL in Odin when I try to flash TWRP and "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (RECOVERY)" at the bot left in Download mode under all the text. Weirdly enough though, every time I change the date and restart the phone, it goes back to 28 June 2021 (this may be when I tried installing the stock firmware again but it didn't work either... why can't I just connect to the Samsung servers and automatically get the correct version for my phone, which also doesn't have stuff like jackpotlte in the description... I know I can get the correct firmware from sammobile but I feel like it should be more REAL :D)
Was the wifi turned on when you changed the date? Please Turn the wi-fi on, and then repeat the same requirements I mentioned above. When you're in Downloading mode install TWRP and IA it will be done.

It will definately work out, It was showing me the exact same issue but then I changed the date, powered off, booted it into download mode and installed the TWRP and even setted up the ROM (Noble ROM 1.5 By AlexisXDA). Also once you change the date to 2 August 2019, and you confirm it's changed. Then you have to turn the phone off and boot it into download mode (dont restart) but download TWRP via Odin and boot into the RECOVERY MODE directly.

Also if OEM unlock option is not being displayed in DEV options, changing the date to 2 August 2019 will show automatically unhide the option. The point when TWRP will be installed successfully, still don't let in boot to the system, go to the Recovery mode) i.e new TWRP.

Try to repeat the methods with the WI-FI on and let me know here again.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: nasko7

redroidead

Oct 1, 2021
Hi XDA Forums,
I SOLVED THIS ISSUE:

Once you've change the date which is the last step then you can go back to the DOWNLOAD mode and install your demanded files (Recovery etc). If one may face problems, contact me on my whatsapp: +92 3159006552.

Thank you XDA.
2 August 2019 doesn't always work. To find out what date you should change to, go to
"About Phone" and search for Android Security Patch Level, at the very bottom of the list.
1633093178615.png

dreamdealer

Jun 20, 2009
warrington
Hi XDA Forums,
I SOLVED THIS ISSUE:

Thank you XDA.
Can't believe this actually worked.. thank you.

Mar 11, 2022
I was working with my tablet SM-T295 after I noticed that start lag after android 11 update, so.. I tried to downgrade it from 11 to 9, and that using TWRP, after backup data, I flashed it, and Odin exe said that the operation successfully done, but my tablet didn't did because it saying SECURTY FAIL : RECOVERY.img , so I tried booting it, and it surprisingly booted up! But I let it turned on until I goes to eat first, and I'm back... I founded that she turned off herself, I tried booting it up but it saying this...(jpeg)
Really need help, this is my main device.

20220311_150014.jpg

t3chg33k

Jan 6, 2011
I was working with my tablet SM-T295 after I noticed that start lag after android 11 update, so.. I tried to downgrade it from 11 to 9, and that using TWRP, after backup data, I flashed it, and Odin exe said that the operation successfully done, but my tablet didn't did because it saying SECURTY FAIL : RECOVERY.img , so I tried booting it, and it surprisingly booted up! But I let it turned on until I goes to eat first, and I'm back... I founded that she turned off herself, I tried booting it up but it saying this...(jpeg)
Really need help, this is my main device.

View attachment 5558213
Have seen such messages in the past but don't remember the exact sequence of steps.

Always try flashing the vbmeta file from Odin whenever you get an official error. If error still persists, then flash TWRP once and then the stock recovery.

Mar 11, 2022
Usually you can't flash your device with custom os using Odin directly, you need at least a recovery mode like TWRP, the first thing you need is TWRP recovery for your device model, then install it in your device using Odin toolkit, after that you gonna remove the nand from your device by deleting system data using TWRP, but be sure you already had the Firmware galaxy tab S5e in your PC in case you want to use your tablet again, after deleting sys data, cache...get an SD card (at least 4gb) and put the custom os in the SD card, then put it in your tablet, and select install option in TWRP, select the custom os, and start installing the os.

kreemxd

Nov 29, 2022
Hi XDA Forums,
I SOLVED THIS ISSUE:

Once you've change the date which is the last step then you can go back to the DOWNLOAD mode and install your demanded files (Recovery etc).

Thank you XDA.
i want to kiss you all over your face, its 6:36 in the morning, i've been trying to fix this problem for the past 6 hours

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi XDA Forums,
    I SOLVED THIS ISSUE:

Thank you XDA.
    When I try to flash the according TWRP tar I get an error on my tab5se, it says "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed(recovery)

LuK1337's Instructions need to be followed exactly, dont add anything, dont skip anything (Dont wipe anything unless listed). Did you flash the VBMeta image?
    Same
    i got same problem. my usb debug is on and oem unlock is on. already flashed the stock firmware and when i try to install twrp in odin i got error of only official binary allowed. please help
    Same problem for me as well, S9+ G956F/DS