Failure in SWM8802

Search This thread

alesul

Account currently disabled
Nov 5, 2010
GB
So the update.zip make with functional device posted by samm000 will kill and brick the device? I WAIT a response...

dcoelho

Aug 23, 2005
Lisboa
My 8802 story:
after 6 months working good, the unit startet to flash the screen.
to solve the problem I flashed this rom: swm8802 firmware.zip (ALPS.LD_kk1.MP10.V1.2)
Now the unit only starts well and mantain the screen active with a usb cable connected to some 5V source.
Strange. Don't you think?
Any solution?
Thank you

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Anyone knows how to boot this radio on recovery mode and how to install a working twrp recovery.img file?
thank you

sinboy

Sep 26, 2012
I've got this file from the seller, when I confronted him thart its android 5. I did not try to Update it yet. Maybe someone could try it. Im not sure if i should Update as my device works well until now.

LudaNick10

Nov 18, 2018
I want to buy this unit for my car but...

i Want to know the Antutu Benchmark Results first :)
and i want know what GPU chip has.
should be Mali400 or Mali450 and i hope its the 450 :p
and if supports OTG :)

manuelpama

Jan 30, 2019
hola tengo problemas en mi radio swm 8802 le puse reset de fabica y todo bien pero cuando voy a ver el touch esta invertido como puedo solucionarlo muchas gracias de antemano

Sc0rpi0n3

Feb 13, 2018
t.me
i Want to know the Antutu Benchmark Results first :)
and i want know what GPU chip has.
should be Mali400 or Mali450 and i hope its the 450 :p
and if supports OTG :)

Antutu main application was installed on this device, but the application for the test is not supported and is not installed from Google Play Store. Mali 450 graphics accelerator, since it is MTK MT8127. USB OTG works without problems on both sides: the back and the front.

Gianfry82

Mar 9, 2019
Smw 8802 Android 7.1

good evening everyone I have this Chinese car radio swm 8802 with Android 7.1, I also recently bought a dongle for CarPlay, but I have a problem I can not download the app from the Google store I tried with apk downloder but nothing!

denyel334

Apr 28, 2019
Hi everybody,

i bought this Radio this week from ebay with Android 8.0.1 but it makes me crazy now.

I got this blueescreen and then nothing works, i make a reset but it doesnt help. When i start to drive and shut off the radio then it goes off then on again and this the whole time. I dont use the rearCamera, the power the usb and the radio antenna is the only one who is pluged on the radio. I have an Mercedes W163 ML. Please help.

Thanks
Best regards

I made a youtube video and screenshot
Youtube link youtube.com/watch?v=zOKepXGrxog here you can see the problem
and this is the screen //ibb.co/jw7MTCr

Last edited:

DenDen1

Nov 11, 2019
SWM8802 Opposite touch issue

Hello. I’m new to this site. I also own a SWM8802. It was working great for a while until one day, when I started my car and something got updated thru wifi (I’m assuming because I was connected to download some apps) and since then, the screen is opposite. Everything on the screen appears the same as before but when you touch it, it senses the opposite. Meaning, touch the left side to select something on the right. Can anyone please help. This is driving me nuts.

ARATZ

Account currently disabled
Aug 31, 2018
GB
meettomy.site
Hello. I’m new to this site. I also own a SWM8802. It was working great for a while until one day, when I started my car and something got updated thru wifi (I’m assuming because I was connected to download some apps) and since then, the screen is opposite. Everything on the screen appears the same as before but when you touch it, it senses the opposite. Meaning, touch the left side to select something on the right. Can anyone please help. This is driving me nuts.

Enter factory settings with the code and look inside, but I don't remember where exactly....
Code: 1983

remery

Dec 5, 2008
Mine seems to be working ok after a couple of months. The GPS stopped work so I figured it just needed a reboot, but I couldn't figure out how to do that. Long press on the main button just seems to turn off the screen. In the end I pulled the fuse out. When it restarted there was the swirling car logo and I had to reset the time and a couple of other things and, lo, the GPS was working again. If it stops it would be nice to be able to reboot without pulling the fuse again.

JulioGif

Feb 27, 2014
Mine seems to be working ok after a couple of months. The GPS stopped work so I figured it just needed a reboot, but I couldn't figure out how to do that. Long press on the main button just seems to turn off the screen. In the end I pulled the fuse out. When it restarted there was the swirling car logo and I had to reset the time and a couple of other things and, lo, the GPS was working again. If it stops it would be nice to be able to reboot without pulling the fuse again.

on the front, there is a hole where the reset button, with a needle pressed for a few seconds and restarted. (the stereo must be on)

Semper 5

Feb 6, 2018
Settings not saving and Easy Connect

I recently bought the same unit. I admit I am very anxious to try the update but I see everybody bricking theirs. is there a SAFE update out?

I'm wondering is there an auto off feature or something I need to enable? My unit stays on even with no key in the ignition and I checked my wiring 10 times. Both constant 12V and ACC are connected and receiving a good signal. I also notice the PhoneLink (Easy Connect) won't go further than MOB connection. USB debugging all set and ok, and the unit triggers my phone to open Drive Mode app, but that's it.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

nhoa02

Mar 29, 2023
Has someone been successful when doing the flashtool thing? I tried to format and download with the firmware file I found on xda and now my device won't turn on, it's bricked. So I don't know what to do to solve it and the flashtool keeps giving me "DRAM errors".
:( I was trying to fix it because the software was looped.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Has someone been successful when doing the flashtool thing? I tried to format and download with the firmware file I found on xda and now my device won't turn on, it's bricked. So I don't know what to do to solve it and the flashtool keeps giving me "DRAM errors".
:( I was trying to fix it because the software was looped.
Four year old thread got reopened. Not (android-auto) requested moderator move to Android Head-Units forum. Op might read related posts there.

Top Liked Posts