Faint burn in

Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Well after 9 months I have very faint burn in on my nexus from the Nav bar. I noticed it when I had my phone horizontal while watching a YouTube video. Not the end of the world but it's unfortunate. I don't do "beast mode" where the brightness is jack up either just auto. Nav bar only not status bar.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Burn in is normal because it's a weak point of amoled displays.
That's why I use a black background, dark layers and apps with dark background. So no Gmail but Aquamail etc..,.

Burn in is faint but to be expected to some degree. I actually have all amoled take a look at my layers set up (no substratum). Even my Gmail is amoled....... However the aquamail app is amazing. I've tried all email apps and haven't liked any so I've reluctantly used Gmail...... Good suggestion on aquamail. My new email app now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well after 9 months I have very faint burn in on my nexus from the Nav bar.

Burn in is normal because it's a weak point of amoled displays.
    That's why I use a black background, dark layers and apps with dark background. So no Gmail but Aquamail etc..,.
    If you flash ROMs, using one with nav bar dimming (e.g. Slim dim) incorporated would help. I'm not seeing any burn in but I've had my nav bar dimmed much of this phones life.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone