Question Fake Mic access?

Search This thread

poit

May 10, 2009
Colorado
Google Pixel 6
Doesn't look like the native recording app on my Pixel 6, don't even know for sure what phone he's using. So he's inferring that the mike is still working for that app at least when it is marked as blocked in the shortcut. I just trried to duplicate this on my phone using the stock recorder app and the mic was indeed blocked correctl;y. It is also blocked correctly from phone calls. I found that out yesterday when someone called me and they couldn't hear me.
So, what is this? Either he's found a way around the mic access block, or it''s a faked video. Since the display doesn't show any waveforms on the "playback" , I'm calling fake video.

Kirolod

Jun 3, 2015
Google Pixel 6
Doesn't look like the native recording app on my Pixel 6, don't even know for sure what phone he's using. So he's inferring that the mike is still working for that app at least when it is marked as blocked in the shortcut. I just trried to duplicate this on my phone using the stock recorder app and the mic was indeed blocked correctl;y. It is also blocked correctly from phone calls. I found that out yesterday when someone called me and they couldn't hear me.
So, what is this? Either he's found a way around the mic access block, or it''s a faked video. Since the display doesn't show any waveforms on the "playback" , I'm calling fake video.
It's me who recorded the video, this only happens with whatsapp try it.
Edit: BTW i'm using Pixel 6 and this is the native recording app.

Last edited:

clairelara

Oct 22, 2021
Yeah but i mean how it recorded my voice while i had blocked the mic access.
I thought your question was about the permission but just now I saw it clearly that you just canceled and it records voice on WhatsApp. Go to phone settings and apps -> WhatsApp -> permission and change mic to not allow! Then restart your device and see if you get the same problem.

Kirolod

Jun 3, 2015
Google Pixel 6
I thought your question was about the permission but just now I saw it clearly that you just canceled and it records voice on WhatsApp. Go to phone settings and apps -> WhatsApp -> permission and change mic to not allow! Then restart your device and see if you get the same problem.
The "Mic Access QS" should be blocking the mic permission for the whole device even if the permission is enabled for specific app.

• Wow
Reactions: clairelara