Fake UBL help...

Search This thread

kucingbaik2

Feb 3, 2014
dear.. all

i got redmi note 5 china version ram 4/64

checking in dev options status is unlock but i checked on fastboot oem device-info got this

D:\Whyred>fastboot oem device-info
(bootloader) Verity mode: true
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
OKAY [ 0.003s]
finished. total time: 0.003s

so please help me ...what should i do to get unlocked boot loader

thx

Flynhx

Jun 16, 2015
/system/lost+found
dear.. all

i got redmi note 5 china version ram 4/64

checking in dev options status is unlock but i checked on fastboot oem device-info got this

D:\Whyred>fastboot oem device-info
(bootloader) Verity mode: true
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
OKAY [ 0.003s]
finished. total time: 0.003s

so please help me ...what should i do to get unlocked boot loader

thx

Did you unlocked officially and waited 360hrs via Mi Unlock tool? Also what is the MIUI Global/China version your currently using?

kucingbaik2

Feb 3, 2014
Did you unlocked officially and waited 360hrs via Mi Unlock tool? Also what is the MIUI Global/China version your currently using?

i dont have any options

just

current account is not bound to this devices
add your account and device in miui setting---developer options---mi unlock status

BUT

in my devices MI Unlock status is UNLOCKED, so i didnt add account to binding

Flynhx

Jun 16, 2015
/system/lost+found
i dont have any options

just

current account is not bound to this devices
add your account and device in miui setting---developer options---mi unlock status

BUT

in my devices MI Unlock status is UNLOCKED, so i didnt add account to binding

So, you can still use your phone then, no hard brick whatsoever.. Well you didn't answer my question, what miui version you are using? Cause i assume that may be a bug from a tampered rom that's why your seeing Unlocked in your Dev Options and in reality it is still locked. If you can bind your account, bind it then try to unlock it officially via Mi Unlock tool using PC, see if you will get the 360hr waiting time.

kucingbaik2

Feb 3, 2014
sir iam sorry to late answer

well is fix i got fake rom from i buy from distributor

i see only the test point to flashing again

can you give me recomend rom ??

nuainks

Jan 22, 2017
Finaly...I find same problem with my "Whyred"...
I have ready to try with other way to fix it, until now I still can't find the way....
Maybe to fix this problem only flash rom with test point way
But until now there's still no courage to do it....

kucingbaik2

Feb 3, 2014
i was doing test point and flashingb chinese rom

but , still got fake ubl, in mi flash tool a was select clean & lock or clean all both of them is not affected...still got fake ubl

flint88

Jul 16, 2018
Hi, i also have the same issue as yours.
I believe you purchase the phone in Indonesia as i did. i have tried this method -> en.miui.com/thread-2109262-1-1.html but the issue is still there.
hopefully someone will find the solution for this.

kucingbaik2

Feb 3, 2014
I believe you purchase the phone in Indonesia as i did. i have tried this method -> en.miui.com/thread-2109262-1-1.html but the issue is still there.

yes...iam so confosed...:crying::crying:

i hope this get resolved soon

are you from indonesian...?

finsx

Dec 18, 2013

I am from Indonesia too. I bought the device from Batam. The first time i got it, the ROM is Global Stable 9.5.6 (i think it is). So, i upgraded it to 9.5.17 by downloading the full ROM and flashed it by updater, it succeed with nothing wrong happened. I was so lucky i didn't upgrade it to 9.5.19 as it has anti v4.

Have you tried to unlock using Mi Flash tool with present condition? What was the error message? I read this topic from the beginning and you haven't mention the result.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Or may be you can try to flash the ROM with built in updater app. Any possible solution is worth to try right? The worst case, you just take your phone to service center, may be they can help you with it.

flint88

Jul 16, 2018
I am from Indonesia too. I bought the device from Batam. The first time i got it, the ROM is Global Stable 9.5.6 (i think it is). So, i upgraded it to 9.5.17 by downloading the full ROM and flashed it by updater, it succeed with nothing wrong happened. I was so lucky i didn't upgrade it to 9.5.19 as it has anti v4.

Have you tried to unlock using Mi Flash tool with present condition? What was the error message? I read this topic from the beginning and you haven't mention the result.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Or may be you can try to flash the ROM with built in updater app. Any possible solution is worth to try right? The worst case, you just take your phone to service center, may be they can help you with it.
Hi, i have tried using miflash tool and error occur in 99% said that i need to bind my account in developer option.
The thing is that miui status is unlocked in the developer option, so there is no option to bind mi account. Thats why it is called fake ubl.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :fingers-crossed:We still need best solution for this.
    Because I don't think this problem can be fixed with "usual" way like MiFlash or QPST.
    I got it too, China version MEE7S Redmi Note 5 4/64.
    I already flashing my whyred 9 times(7 times with MiFlash (2 times clean and lock, 2 times clean lock crc, 2 times clean without lock, 1 times save userdata), 2 times with QPST), but still, the bootloader unlock still fake (in developer settings it shows Unlocked, but on fastboot it shows Locked).
    IMO if clean and lock, lock command will not working because fastboot knowns the bootloader still locked. That's why "clean and lock" will not relock the bootloader at all.
    Even from QPST, it still same.
    --
    EDIT
    Finally I found a way to make it normal locked status.
    I found on here (big thanks to lian.lawliet @ kaskus)
    You need to do test point twice to proceed this thing.
    Prepare 2 Fastboot ROM : 1st : Global Stable, 2nd : China Dev / China Stable; and loader (attached).
    Caution : if you want to go for Anti 4 ROM (9.5.22.0 / 8.7.9 and above) or your anti status is 4 (check on fastboot then type fastboot getvar anti), you need to use Anti 4 ROM on 2nd ROM and need to replace rawprogram0.xml with attached file here.
    1. Extract all ROM
    2. Extract loader and replace the file on 1st ROM (Global Stable) located in *your 1st ROM folder*/images
    3. Still in *your 1st ROM folder*/images , edit your rawprogram0.xml , search "persist". then look at " filename="" ", fill "persist.img" so it will looks like " filename="persist.img" " , or you can replace rawprogram0.xml with attached file here.
    4. Test point your whyred, flash 1st ROM until stuck on recovery and show caution "This MIUI version can't installed on this device"
    5. Turn off your whyred, test point your whyred again, flash 2nd ROM.
    6. Congratulations, your whyred normal AF. You can bind your device after flashing 2nd ROM and waiting for some times to unlock your bootloader.
    Hi All,

I have success fix fake ubl. I was in 9.5.19.0 ROM (global stable anti 4) when i fix this issue.
    Please note that this method is not invented by me. Credit to [email protected] and [email protected].

For those who currently in 9.5.19.0 ROM (global stable anti 4) can follow steps below :
    1. Download fastboot ROM global stable 9.5.19.0
    2. Unzip it and replace file rawprogram0.xml in image folder with the rawprogram0.xml file i attach below
    3. put your phone to EDL mode (test point) and connect your phone to your PC/laptop
    4. download and open miflash tool 2018
    5. Select modified global ROM from step 1 and 2 in miflash tool 2018
    6. select "Clean all" and press flash button, there will be pop up to fill authorized mi account and password. after that, choose to bind your account to PC.
    Please make sure you have authorized mi account or borrow from someone
    note : looks like 1 xiaomi account can only flash once in 1 day, error "request failed" will occur if you flash more than once in a day
    7. after flash, your phone will stuck in recovery mode, congrats! your phone back to locked state
    8. choose "connect with mi assistant" in the recovery mode
    9. Download and install xiaomitool -> http://www.xiaomitool.com/
    10. After installing xiaomitool, open fastflash.exe in the following path : C:\Xiaomi\XiaoMiTool\fastflash.exe
    11. In ROM selection, choose : Global Stable ROM, and choose to install. Wait until installation complete and your phone will again stuck in recovery mode.
    Again, choose "connect with mi assistant" in the recovery mode
    12. Open fastflash.exe again and choose : Global Developer ROM, and choose to install. Wait until installation complete and your phone will again stuck in recovery mode.
    Again, choose "connect with mi assistant" in the recovery mode
    13. Open fastflash.exe again and choose : China Developer ROM, and choose to install.
    14. Congrats, you will able to boot to MIUI10 china developer ROM and your bootloader status will be Locked (fix from fake UBL)
    15. Now you can do official unlock bootloader :)

For TS, please put this post in first page. so others can be helped
    Try flashing with fastboot rom and choose clean all and lock. Otherwise you can try with edl mode
    i have same problem, is there any good news?
    please anyone..

this problem need solutions too
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone