[FAQ][CM10][Kang] for Bruce2728

Search This thread

tobitege

Oct 2, 2012
FAQ for [ROM][CM10][Kang][Pyramid][RC][4.1.2]

This is a FAQ for users who would like to start (or just have) with Bruce's amazing ROM and run into issues.
The development thread is frequently seeing already-answered questions, frustrating many others
and drastically blowing up the thread.

Thank you Bruce for your great work and allowing us to experience a revitalized Sensation!
Obviously also big THANKS to the whole CM team, whoever you are! :)

In order to help out those users and lessen Bruce's workload to follow the thread, this should be a community effort,
so please feel free to post any items that need to be added or mistakes were made (I wrote this up from memory).
I'm bad with names, so I apologise beforehand to not plug every username here, thanks to whoever contributed!

If you are new to the rom: please take at least a few minutes to use the SEARCH feature FIRST with corresponding keywords
before posting a question, chances are pretty good that it's been answered already (many times).

Mods: if I missed to follow any guideline here, please let me know and I'll fix asap.

Q: I'm on a different ROM, what should I do?
A: Read the full first post as it already includes hints for installation.
You should then also check to have a current firmware (3.32 at least).
The first post has 2 different download links, one or both of them will have
the current version. If you do not see it in the first link (the >>>I AGREE <<< link),
just think for a second and click the mirror link!
There's also a link to a current gapps package (install from recovery as well).
If you think you need different versions, please search the dev forum first before asking,
there are plenty of tweaked/inverted versions out there.

Q: I'm on a previous build of Bruce's, what should I do?
A: just install the current build over it, you do not need to manually wipe dalvik/cache as the install does it already.

Q: Do I need a different kernel or can I switch to a different kernel?
A: Bruce included his own tweaked kernel. Other kernels (like tamcore) may also work,
but also may break things that Bruce had explicitly built in.
I haven't yet seen clear evidence that switching to another kernel offers anything, so
my personal opinion is: don't mess with it, just because you read about some fancy
tweak in another rom's thread.

Q: My data icon keeps flickering/bad connections?
A: this is a often discussed issue with unclear cause (as of now) and happened not only
to TMO users in the US, but also in other countries.
Yesterday it was reported, that getting a new SIM card fixed this issue (at least for
several months for another user).
Please search the thread also for more details/investigations by SkipJacks.

Q: There are graphical issues with Chrome?
A: This has been a known issue for weeks and still needs fixing (either Chrome gets fixed or new display drivers are released).

Q: Where can I find the option to dis-/enable the screen off CRT animation?
A: Settings -> Developer options: set "Window animation scale" to "0.5" or "off"

Q: Is it possible to have Sense widgets?
A: No, not the same Sense ones (this is a different software base). Check Play Store for widgets.

Q: How do I enable/disable Sweep2Wake?
This is disabled by default. To change this, it requires a mounted /system partition.
Use a root-enabled file explorer like the free "ES File Explorer", which has extra root
options to auto-mount it in read/write-mode (thus enable that option).
Then go edit this file as text:
Code:
/system/etc/init.d/89bruce
In it are separate sections for sweep2wake, tun and badass governor, like
Code:
SWEEP2WAKE=0
Change the value 0 to one of the values described right there in the file, read carefully!
Some changed settings can be activated by executing it in a terminal.
If unsure how to do that, do a manual reboot.

Q: The default badass governor behaves differently (or you experience lag)?
Proceed as with above answer, but this time change this line:
Code:
BADASS=2
The default is fairly well for battery, but set value to 1 to activate higher max. frequency.

Q: The camera does not have previous picture sizes, like 16:9?
Oct 25 build has the camera options now also list "8 16:9", "8 5:3" etc.

Q: My facebook app displays wrong/huge fonts?
A: Reported and confirmed by many to be a FB app issue after last weeks FB updates.

Q: My facebook app does not sync?
Syncing was removed by FB some while ago, but can be done by other apps (HaxSync?)

Q: Wifi hotspot does not work?
A: this is currently reported to be broken (Oct 25), but Bruce will certainly take care of it
when he has the time. Please do not report this repeatedly or ask him daily, also
follow the release notes.

Q: Call volume or headphone volume is out of whack?
A1: at least once after rom install, use volume rockers to set max volume and then
back down to normal level.
A2: Settings -> Sound -> uncheck "Safe headset volume"

Q: Can I install BeatsAudio?
A: with some extra package installed, probably (needs an extra sense framework),
search the dev forum for it.
but it might interfere with the built-in "DSP Manager" and cause other issues.

Please reply for answers to add... and hit Thanks if this helped you. :)

See next posts for more...!

Cheers
Tobias

Last edited:

tobitege

Oct 2, 2012
PART 2:

Q: Better Battery Stats (or other battery app) is showing hours of Alarm Manager Wakelocks attributed to Google Services, what do I do?
A1: please read SkipJacks' post (page 1460!) about an investigation we did the last couple of days about it, excerpt:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We used System Tuner Pro to disable some of the start up items in the Google Services Framework.
Additionally we froze GTalk and Gnow (Google Search). And no, you can't just freeze those two apps.
The GSF will still create wakelocks when trying to activate them. So you have to modify the GSF as well.

These are the things that I disabled in the GSF using System Tuner Pro (other apps may work as,
such as ROM Toolbox Pro etc., all available in the market).

gtalkservice.diagnostits.gtalkdiagnostics
update.systemupdateactivity
gtalkservice.connection autherrordialog
talk.talkprovider
settings.googlesettingsprovider
gservices.gservicesprovider$override reciever
checkin.checinservices$reciever
checkin.checkinservices$triggerreciever
checkein.eventlogservices$receiver
gtalkservice.diagnostics.gtalkdiagnosticsbroadcast reciever
gtalkservice.serviceautostarter
gtalkservices.datamessagereciever
gtalkservice.sendxmppreciever
gtalkservices.packageinstalledreciever
gtalkservice.xmppendpointreciever
loginservice.serviceswatcher (You might try reactivating this one to see what happens)
usagestates.statsuploadservice$reciever
checkin.evenlogservice
gtalkservice.service.stalkservice
gtalkservice.pushmessagingregistar

You can freeze the GSF entirely with 1 easy step and that will also kill the wakelocks. But the Play Store becomes another casualty if you do that. Disabling the events above will stop the Google Services wakelocks dead in their tracks, and allow the Play Store to continue working. (Though I haven't tried purchasing a paid app yet)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is based on current 4.1.2 gapps, but may well be valid for previous builds.

A2: In general, unless utterly needed, disable any "sync" settings in individual apps, such as Calendar, Settings -> Google account etc. and don't forget to switch off BT and/or GPS when you don't need it.

Q: My mobile data icon blinks on and off, what do I do?!
T Mobile USA users may experience issues with mobile data going on and off in about 1 second intervals. The "H" will just blink continuously. The problem is how the AOSP framework interacts with the T Mobile USA data network. It is intermitent, and usually cures itself within an hour or two. This will occur in ALL AOSP ICS and JB roms for the Sensation. (CM9, CM10 Variants, AOKP, etc)

While a cure is constantly being researched, nothing final is upon us as of yet. The best thing you can do is turn data off and leave it off for an hour or two and see if it works later. If you must try to fix it right now there are a few things that may help, but understand they are temporary fixes.

Sending yourself a text message.
Calling to your phone.
Making a call from your phone.
Going into airplane mode for a minute then back to normal.

Sometimes these tricks work because they either force the network to either re-register or authenticate your phone. Sometimes they don't work.

If you absolutely positive must have data working right now, flash a Sense or Desensed ROM. This problem does not exist in Sense ROMs.
See this thread for more details about what does and doesn't help.

Q: I have no or issues with WiFi?
A: Read here.

-- BIG thanks to Skipjacks for the above (and me a little :) )

Q: The dialer/phone or gallery app does not show?
A: Having installed other tweaks or (inverted) gapps may have caused this. Try reverting any changes made.
If this persists, a fresh, clean install should be fixing it in any case.

Q: GPS is not working correctly?
A1: suggested apps to try out: "Faster Fix", "GPS Status" or simialr in market
A2: Settings -> Location access -> GPS source.. there check "Use internal GPS"
A3: "go outside!" (thanks Catnap, that made me laugh!)
-- Thanks to Catnap and darkbasic4

Q: I have a problem with feature X! Is this ROM broken?
A: Can you reproduce the problem after a full wipe, install the ROM (& gapps)? If not, it's not the ROM.
-- Thanks to Konstigt

Q: What to do about slow SD card transfer speeds?
A1: A solution I would recommend: MultiMount SD Card app
A2: Mount USB from within 4ext and transfer's should be at full speed
-- Thanks to MAMeingast and corumuk

Q.: Where did my video/picture/ringtone/music files go? They are on the SDcard but I can't see them in Apollo, the Gallery, etc.
A: Apps will not scan folders for media if they have a hidden file called .nomedia (with the dot in front!) in them.
Certain root apps have been known to put such a file in the main folder of the SD card itself, causing all photos, etc., to vanish. To fix, use a file manager like ES and enable View Hidden Files in the settings. Check the main folder of your SDcard (and others, if you like) and delete .nomedia wherever you want to be able to see media - especially the root directory of the SDcard. Then - and this is important - turn the phone OFF and reboot it (Restart may not be enough). This forces Android to rescan the card and your media will reappear.
-- Thanks to dkephart

Q: I have terrible battery life. After some browsing, phone calls etc. my battery is down from 100% to 50% in just one hour.
A: Do this battery test, charge to 100%. Set display brightness to 100%. Set timeout to 30 minutes. Disable WiFi, Bluetooth, Sync, GPS. Unplug the charger and just leave the phone at the home screen. Touch it after 30 minutes and let it sit for another 30 minutes. If you battery is below <insert a normal batterys percentage here> you might consider a new battery. So it's not the ROM!
(I don't know what actual value is supposed to be there, yikes...)
-- Thanks to Konstigt

Q: What kernel should I install?
A: The rom comes with it's own tweaked kernel (3.0.48 as of Oct 25).
You should not install other kernels, that are not explicitly made for Jelly Bean! The rom's libraries (a higher layer than the kernel) depend mostly on having functions and versions to be on the same "level" and could cause FCs/reboots if something is out of sync.
The Linux kernel contains drivers for: Display, Keypad, Camera, Wifi, Flash Memory, Audio, Power Mgmt etc. and as such it is specific to your phone model (different hardware likes chipsets, display etc.).
The kernel is under constant development, so mostly it's about fixing things, but in rare events there may be an issue introduced with it.
If that happens to you, you could either wait for one of the next frequently updated builds or revert to a previous build if need be.

Last edited:

tobitege

Oct 2, 2012
Contributed by aVe2000 (thank him if it helped you):

- start Google Search|go to Settings|disable Google now
- use a tool like autostarts*|disable everything with gtalk, youtube, picasa uploader and (g)maps in it's name
(other tools also capable of that: Android/System Tuner, ROM Toolbox etc.)
- go to the sync profiles|disable all you do not really need (e.g. mail: sync manually)
- dont use any live wallpapers
- dont use widgets that automatically update its contents
- go to Settings|Performance|Processor|choose BADASS and then ... change init.d/89bruce file for badass to '3'
- additionally disable News & Weather with the autostarts* tool if not needed
- go to Settings|Backup & reset|Disable backup data
- disable all location based stuff or turn off as soon as no longer needed
- go to Settings|Display and disable automatic light adjustments

-- edited a little

Last edited:

tobitege

Oct 2, 2012
sorry but i can't find image and music from gallery and appollo apps... i try to delete file .nomedia from image and music folder, clear data gallery , music, media storage + reboot, but nothing happen... i try format my sd card and wipe from ext recovery then fresh install rom but still have same problem.. help please... :(

trying "scan media" from google play but missing image and music

Please read this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31115660&postcount=6817

Just to be sure: if you have a rom build before Sept 5 you should also upgrade to the current build.

Last edited:

MAMeingast

Jul 20, 2008
Berlin
We should ask the moderators to delete the posts between the first post and the second part of your FAQ... I already requested the removal of my post! If we leave it like this, people will often not realize that there is a second part... ;)

Reactions: tobitege

H3llblax

Mar 19, 2012
Ask bruce to add ur thread in his op.. also u didnt answer how to get rid of "g-locks"

and ya no gallery n camera app suddenly after i update my phone.. happening since 18h oc build.. it goes away even if i have those app on the earlier build..

@MAMeingast I agree.. (i too have a post n i regret it.. didnt know he was going to post 1..)

Last edited:

dkephart

Jun 21, 2010
Land O'Lakes
sorry but i can't find image and music from gallery and appollo apps... i try to delete file .nomedia from image and music folder, clear data gallery , music, media storage + reboot, but nothing happen... i try format my sd card and wipe from ext recovery then fresh install rom but still have same problem.. help please... :(

trying "scan media" from google play but missing image and music

Q.: where did my video/picture/ringtone/music files go? They are on the SDcard but I can't see them in Apollo, the Gallery, etc.

A: apps will not scan folders for media if they have a hidden file called .nomedia in them. Certain root apps have been known to put such a file in the main folder of the SD card itself, causing all photos, etc., to vanish. To fix, use a file manager like ES and enable View Hidden Files in the settings. Check the main folder of your SDcard (and others, if you like) and delete .nomedia wherever you want to be able to see media - especially the root directory of the SDcard. Then - and this is important - turn the phone OFF and reboot it (Restart may not be enough). This forces Android to rescan the card and your media will reappear

yrs,
dkephart

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

Inerthia

Aug 30, 2009
Q: I have terrible battery life. After some browsing, phone calls etc. my battery is down from 100% to 50% in just one hour.
A: Do this battery test, charge to 100%. Set display brightness to 100%. Set timeout to 30 minutes. Disable WiFi, Bluetooth, Sync, GPS. Unplug the charger and just leave the phone at the home screen. Touch it after 30 minutes and let it sit for another 30 minutes. If you battery is below <insert a normal batterys percentage here> you might consider a new battery. So it's not the ROM!

I think you need to edit that part.

MAMeingast

Jul 20, 2008
Berlin
Ask bruce to add ur thread in his op.. also u didnt answer how to get rid of "g-locks"

and ya no gallery n camera app suddenly after i update my phone.. happening since 18h oc build.. it goes away even if i have those app on the earlier build..

@MAMeingast I agree.. (i too have a post n i regret it.. didnt know he was going to post 1..)

Just report your own post (click the orange triangle with the exlamation mark) with a non-urgent request to remove the post! The mods will then delete it (mine is already gone)! ;)

cccollings

Nov 8, 2010
I've installed the 10/25 version, but still the camera is only showing up to 5mp.

Is anyone else having the same problem or know a fix?

tobitege

Oct 2, 2012
H3llblax said:
Yes, I did notify Bruce and he kindly agreed to do that when he's got time.
As to the g-locks, please scroll down page 1 to see "Part 2", where there is a link to the original post.

H3llblax said:
Please install the current version and recheck.
Btw, my native tongue is German, please be so kind to post in plain English, thank you.

cccollings said:
I've installed the 10/25 version, but still the camera is only showing up to 5mp
It's definitely there. The camera settings' 2nd options screen does show you the "Picture size" option, right?
Clicking the "right" arrow will list "8 16:9", "8 5:3" and "8" then.

P.S.: I ran out of thanks for today, so thanks to MAMeingast as well! :)

Last edited:

H3llblax

Mar 19, 2012
@tobitege.. i had to install the gallery 2 apk for it.. but after that when i reflashed the rom it didnt go away.. i dunno what happened b4.. will have to c in later builds if it persists..

And yes i m totally unable to get the 16:9 ratio 8mp camera shot.. as posted by someone to flash a file for it.. it didnt work at all for me.. i think it was toryheal or something.. but can u make out y it doesnt work for me??

Also about the battery.. i just examined it.. i got from 100 to 30 in 1 hours 15 mins with screen on all the time wifi on all the time.. played medium games like jetpack joyride browsed the web.. then i continued to use it on n till i reached 2 %.. suprisingly i got 2 hours 20 mins of "screen on" with 4 hours on battery..on 25th oct build without solving the g-lock issue.. do u think my battery is gone or is it a good battery outcome??

Last edited:

tobitege

Oct 2, 2012
jotha said:
Cleaned the thread on request of some posters to create a continuos FAQ-Area.

jotha - forum moderator

Thank you, appreciated!

@H3llblax: I'm sorry, but I can't help you with that issue. In your position I'd go with a full fresh install.

tobitege

Oct 2, 2012
It's definitely there. The camera settings' 2nd options screen does show you the "Picture size" option, right?
Clicking the "right" arrow will list "8 16:9", "8 5:3" and "8" then.

I have a left arrow and it shows 5m Pixels but no more right arrows. Should I reflash?!?

Yes, first try flashing again without any wiping. If that still won't work, a full wipe/fresh install might be needed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FAQ for [ROM][CM10][Kang][Pyramid][RC][4.1.2]

This is a FAQ for users who would like to start (or just have) with Bruce's amazing ROM and run into issues.
    The development thread is frequently seeing already-answered questions, frustrating many others
    and drastically blowing up the thread.

Thank you Bruce for your great work and allowing us to experience a revitalized Sensation!
    Obviously also big THANKS to the whole CM team, whoever you are! :)

In order to help out those users and lessen Bruce's workload to follow the thread, this should be a community effort,
    so please feel free to post any items that need to be added or mistakes were made (I wrote this up from memory).
    I'm bad with names, so I apologise beforehand to not plug every username here, thanks to whoever contributed!

If you are new to the rom: please take at least a few minutes to use the SEARCH feature FIRST with corresponding keywords
    before posting a question, chances are pretty good that it's been answered already (many times).

Mods: if I missed to follow any guideline here, please let me know and I'll fix asap.

Q: I'm on a different ROM, what should I do?
    A: Read the full first post as it already includes hints for installation.
    You should then also check to have a current firmware (3.32 at least).
    The first post has 2 different download links, one or both of them will have
    the current version. If you do not see it in the first link (the >>>I AGREE <<< link),
    just think for a second and click the mirror link!
    There's also a link to a current gapps package (install from recovery as well).
    If you think you need different versions, please search the dev forum first before asking,
    there are plenty of tweaked/inverted versions out there.

Q: I'm on a previous build of Bruce's, what should I do?
    A: just install the current build over it, you do not need to manually wipe dalvik/cache as the install does it already.

Q: Do I need a different kernel or can I switch to a different kernel?
    A: Bruce included his own tweaked kernel. Other kernels (like tamcore) may also work,
    but also may break things that Bruce had explicitly built in.
    I haven't yet seen clear evidence that switching to another kernel offers anything, so
    my personal opinion is: don't mess with it, just because you read about some fancy
    tweak in another rom's thread.

Q: My data icon keeps flickering/bad connections?
    A: this is a often discussed issue with unclear cause (as of now) and happened not only
    to TMO users in the US, but also in other countries.
    Yesterday it was reported, that getting a new SIM card fixed this issue (at least for
    several months for another user).
    Please search the thread also for more details/investigations by SkipJacks.

Q: There are graphical issues with Chrome?
    A: This has been a known issue for weeks and still needs fixing (either Chrome gets fixed or new display drivers are released).

Q: Where can I find the option to dis-/enable the screen off CRT animation?
    A: Settings -> Developer options: set "Window animation scale" to "0.5" or "off"

Q: Is it possible to have Sense widgets?
    A: No, not the same Sense ones (this is a different software base). Check Play Store for widgets.

Q: How do I enable/disable Sweep2Wake?
    This is disabled by default. To change this, it requires a mounted /system partition.
    Use a root-enabled file explorer like the free "ES File Explorer", which has extra root
    options to auto-mount it in read/write-mode (thus enable that option).
    Then go edit this file as text:
    Code:
    /system/etc/init.d/89bruce
    In it are separate sections for sweep2wake, tun and badass governor, like
    Code:
    SWEEP2WAKE=0
    Change the value 0 to one of the values described right there in the file, read carefully!
    Some changed settings can be activated by executing it in a terminal.
    If unsure how to do that, do a manual reboot.

Q: The default badass governor behaves differently (or you experience lag)?
    Proceed as with above answer, but this time change this line:
    Code:
    BADASS=2
    The default is fairly well for battery, but set value to 1 to activate higher max. frequency.

Q: The camera does not have previous picture sizes, like 16:9?
    Oct 25 build has the camera options now also list "8 16:9", "8 5:3" etc.

Q: My facebook app displays wrong/huge fonts?
    A: Reported and confirmed by many to be a FB app issue after last weeks FB updates.

Q: My facebook app does not sync?
    Syncing was removed by FB some while ago, but can be done by other apps (HaxSync?)

Q: Wifi hotspot does not work?
    A: this is currently reported to be broken (Oct 25), but Bruce will certainly take care of it
    when he has the time. Please do not report this repeatedly or ask him daily, also
    follow the release notes.

Q: Call volume or headphone volume is out of whack?
    A1: at least once after rom install, use volume rockers to set max volume and then
    back down to normal level.
    A2: Settings -> Sound -> uncheck "Safe headset volume"

Q: Can I install BeatsAudio?
    A: with some extra package installed, probably (needs an extra sense framework),
    search the dev forum for it.
    but it might interfere with the built-in "DSP Manager" and cause other issues.

Please reply for answers to add... and hit Thanks if this helped you. :)

See next posts for more...!

Cheers
    Tobias
    PART 2:

Q: Better Battery Stats (or other battery app) is showing hours of Alarm Manager Wakelocks attributed to Google Services, what do I do?
    A1: please read SkipJacks' post (page 1460!) about an investigation we did the last couple of days about it, excerpt:
    We used System Tuner Pro to disable some of the start up items in the Google Services Framework.
    Additionally we froze GTalk and Gnow (Google Search). And no, you can't just freeze those two apps.
    The GSF will still create wakelocks when trying to activate them. So you have to modify the GSF as well.

These are the things that I disabled in the GSF using System Tuner Pro (other apps may work as,
    such as ROM Toolbox Pro etc., all available in the market).

gtalkservice.diagnostits.gtalkdiagnostics
    update.systemupdateactivity
    gtalkservice.connection autherrordialog
    talk.talkprovider
    settings.googlesettingsprovider
    gservices.gservicesprovider$override reciever
    checkin.checinservices$reciever
    checkin.checkinservices$triggerreciever
    checkein.eventlogservices$receiver
    gtalkservice.diagnostics.gtalkdiagnosticsbroadcast reciever
    gtalkservice.serviceautostarter
    gtalkservices.datamessagereciever
    gtalkservice.sendxmppreciever
    gtalkservices.packageinstalledreciever
    gtalkservice.xmppendpointreciever
    loginservice.serviceswatcher (You might try reactivating this one to see what happens)
    usagestates.statsuploadservice$reciever
    checkin.evenlogservice
    gtalkservice.service.stalkservice
    gtalkservice.pushmessagingregistar

You can freeze the GSF entirely with 1 easy step and that will also kill the wakelocks. But the Play Store becomes another casualty if you do that. Disabling the events above will stop the Google Services wakelocks dead in their tracks, and allow the Play Store to continue working. (Though I haven't tried purchasing a paid app yet)
    This is based on current 4.1.2 gapps, but may well be valid for previous builds.

A2: In general, unless utterly needed, disable any "sync" settings in individual apps, such as Calendar, Settings -> Google account etc. and don't forget to switch off BT and/or GPS when you don't need it.

Q: My mobile data icon blinks on and off, what do I do?!
    T Mobile USA users may experience issues with mobile data going on and off in about 1 second intervals. The "H" will just blink continuously. The problem is how the AOSP framework interacts with the T Mobile USA data network. It is intermitent, and usually cures itself within an hour or two. This will occur in ALL AOSP ICS and JB roms for the Sensation. (CM9, CM10 Variants, AOKP, etc)

While a cure is constantly being researched, nothing final is upon us as of yet. The best thing you can do is turn data off and leave it off for an hour or two and see if it works later. If you must try to fix it right now there are a few things that may help, but understand they are temporary fixes.

Sending yourself a text message.
    Calling to your phone.
    Making a call from your phone.
    Going into airplane mode for a minute then back to normal.

Sometimes these tricks work because they either force the network to either re-register or authenticate your phone. Sometimes they don't work.

If you absolutely positive must have data working right now, flash a Sense or Desensed ROM. This problem does not exist in Sense ROMs.
    See this thread for more details about what does and doesn't help.

Q: I have no or issues with WiFi?
    A: Read here.

-- BIG thanks to Skipjacks for the above (and me a little :) )

Q: The dialer/phone or gallery app does not show?
    A: Having installed other tweaks or (inverted) gapps may have caused this. Try reverting any changes made.
    If this persists, a fresh, clean install should be fixing it in any case.

Q: GPS is not working correctly?
    A1: suggested apps to try out: "Faster Fix", "GPS Status" or simialr in market
    A2: Settings -> Location access -> GPS source.. there check "Use internal GPS"
    A3: "go outside!" (thanks Catnap, that made me laugh!)
    -- Thanks to Catnap and darkbasic4

Q: I have a problem with feature X! Is this ROM broken?
    A: Can you reproduce the problem after a full wipe, install the ROM (& gapps)? If not, it's not the ROM.
    -- Thanks to Konstigt

Q: What to do about slow SD card transfer speeds?
    A1: A solution I would recommend: MultiMount SD Card app
    A2: Mount USB from within 4ext and transfer's should be at full speed
    -- Thanks to MAMeingast and corumuk

Q.: Where did my video/picture/ringtone/music files go? They are on the SDcard but I can't see them in Apollo, the Gallery, etc.
    A: Apps will not scan folders for media if they have a hidden file called .nomedia (with the dot in front!) in them.
    Certain root apps have been known to put such a file in the main folder of the SD card itself, causing all photos, etc., to vanish. To fix, use a file manager like ES and enable View Hidden Files in the settings. Check the main folder of your SDcard (and others, if you like) and delete .nomedia wherever you want to be able to see media - especially the root directory of the SDcard. Then - and this is important - turn the phone OFF and reboot it (Restart may not be enough). This forces Android to rescan the card and your media will reappear.
    -- Thanks to dkephart

(I don't know what actual value is supposed to be there, yikes...)
    -- Thanks to Konstigt

Q: What kernel should I install?
    A: The rom comes with it's own tweaked kernel (3.0.48 as of Oct 25).
    You should not install other kernels, that are not explicitly made for Jelly Bean! The rom's libraries (a higher layer than the kernel) depend mostly on having functions and versions to be on the same "level" and could cause FCs/reboots if something is out of sync.
    The Linux kernel contains drivers for: Display, Keypad, Camera, Wifi, Flash Memory, Audio, Power Mgmt etc. and as such it is specific to your phone model (different hardware likes chipsets, display etc.).
    The kernel is under constant development, so mostly it's about fixing things, but in rare events there may be an issue introduced with it.
    If that happens to you, you could either wait for one of the next frequently updated builds or revert to a previous build if need be.
    Contributed by aVe2000 (thank him if it helped you):

- start Google Search|go to Settings|disable Google now
    - use a tool like autostarts*|disable everything with gtalk, youtube, picasa uploader and (g)maps in it's name
    (other tools also capable of that: Android/System Tuner, ROM Toolbox etc.)
    - go to the sync profiles|disable all you do not really need (e.g. mail: sync manually)
    - dont use any live wallpapers
    - dont use widgets that automatically update its contents
    - go to Settings|Performance|Processor|choose BADASS and then ... change init.d/89bruce file for badass to '3'
    - additionally disable News & Weather with the autostarts* tool if not needed
    - go to Settings|Backup & reset|Disable backup data
    - disable all location based stuff or turn off as soon as no longer needed
    - go to Settings|Display and disable automatic light adjustments

-- edited a little
    Does disabling the Google Services Framework stuff mentioned on Page 1 break Calendar Sync like Skipjacks said it might?

I want to try and sort AlarmManager Wakelocks that seem to smoke most of my battery :(

I tried to follow the exact instructions on what to disable within the GSF, it only made things worse for me. On the one hand, some of the services i'm supposed to disable REACTIVATE themselves, on the other hand the changes ive made only led to way worse wakelocks than before. Apart from that not even all the services mentioned are there at all to begin with. My conclusion is just that these instructions are simply outdated.

You could also try disabling Fast Dormancy according to this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35047893

Be aware that fast dormancy only is relevant while you're on the mobile data network. Changing it doesnt have any effect if you're on Wi-Fi (which at least for me is the case for 95% of the time).
    I've just installed this rom and one of the first thigs I noticed is that there's no camera app. Have i missed something/screwed sonething up? I did a wipe, installed the rom, booted, then rebooted and installed gapps.

Edit: Just installed a different camera app and it can't connect to the camera, so it seems like the problem is more than just a missing app.

Camera doesn't work on ION build (07 MAR). Install 06 MAR build.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app