• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[FAQ][GUIDE][HELP] Assistance Solution Centre for MERLIN 🤓 (Redmi Note 9 / Redmi 10X 4G)

Search This thread

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
no, i mean a full guide for rooting from the beggining to end, for redmi note 9. For example i missed the vbmeta and this resulted in an error. Now i have to flash the stock firmware and wait for another 7 days for it to unlock. For newbies like me, this looks like a mess. If you don't have one, can you please create one? Do it for us, newcomers. Thanks
Everywhere says "flash vbmeta too".
You just need to read carefully.
If you are newbie, try this guide:
Good luck

Reactions: RN9_G85

George528

Apr 24, 2021
Redmi Note 9
May you attach screenshot?
nevermind i flashed the stock rom again
but i have one question:
how do i change the build from user to userdebug build?
i need to mount the /system to rw but i am not able to do that.
any tips?

btw i messed with magiskhide props config and that softbricked my phone, and i had to flash my stock rom again. I changed the type.build to userdebug but after that i was stuck at the logo when booting.

also another question:
i downgraded MIUI to V12.0.3.0, what is the best TWRP build for that?

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
nevermind i flashed the stock rom again
but i have one question:
how do i change the build from user to userdebug build?
i need to mount the /system to rw but i am not able to do that.
any tips?

btw i messed with magiskhide props config and that softbricked my phone, and i had to flash my stock rom again. I changed the type.build to userdebug but after that i was stuck at the logo when booting.
You can't modify system, if you do this, your device will be bricked.
Modifying the build.prop is not an enought solution.
You can spoof that using XPRIVACYLUA:

also another question:
i downgraded MIUI to V12.0.3.0, what is the best TWRP build for that?
Any TWRP or PBRP version is working with MIUI V12.0.3.0:
Enjoy

anishkn04

Oct 13, 2019
Hey!
I have installed all the necessary drivers and the pc detects the merlin device in normal and stock recovery mode, but in fastboot mode it is not detected.
Why?
Any solutions?

Mar 24, 2021
Redmi Note 9
I have installed all the necessary drivers and the pc detects the merlin device in normal and stock recovery mode, but in fastboot mode it is not detected.
Why?
Did you try having a Windows Device manager open while you are working. It is possible that Windows will find itself short of drivers as you change booting modes.
(Maybe the device even takes a new "identity" in fastbootd?)
(You will know that you are watching for ⚠️ appearing in Device Manager, then perform the Windows update while in that booting mode)

Reactions: revhappy

anishkn04

Oct 13, 2019
Did you try having a Windows Device manager open while you are working. It is possible that Windows will find itself short of drivers as you change booting modes.
(You will know that you are watching for ⚠️ appearing in Device Manager, then perform the Windows update while in that booting mode)
Yes! Thank you!
Finally found the problem and solved it, Thank you very much!!
I tried every other things but didn't think of going in windows update, though i still have to wait for 1 week now, my device finally got detected.

muerto_parao

Aug 12, 2012
Valencia
I have a problem with my redmi note 9 (merlin) I'm on miui 12.0.7.0 rooted with magisk and gets stock on the camera app when i record a video and than reboot

What should it be ??? Please help, sorry for my english

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
I have a problem with my redmi note 9 (merlin) I'm on miui 12.0.7.0 rooted with magisk and gets stock on the camera app when i record a video and than reboot

What should it be ??? Please help, sorry for my english
I have no ideia about this error.
Probably, you need to flash the whole MIUI again, except userdata.

revhappy

Jun 16, 2021
Hi @VD171 , I need your help!

My device is Redmi Note 10X 4g(Merlin) with China ROM. It was MIUI 12.0.8.0 and then yesterday I recieved an update of lower version MIUI 12.0.5.0. It was so stupid of me everything was working fine with my phone, google play services, gmail, google maps everything. But after I installed the update, all google apps stopped working.

Mi Store shows google apps "instal" button as disabled and even if I try using apk to install google play services and google framework, I am not able to add a google account. When I got to Settings -> accounts -> Add account -> google, nothing happens. So I think with this update they have disabled google play services from working properly.

I tried to unlock my bootloader and did everything possible, but the Mi_Unlock.exe app doesnt detect my phone at all. When I click install drivers on the settings button, it tells me to connect my phone and detects my phone and installs drivers successfully. But the main unlock section, doesnt detect my phone.

So I am pretty much stuck. Any suggestions on what I can do? Can I get back somehow to 12.0.8.0 without unlocking the bootloader?

Would really appreciate your help!

Thanks.

Edit: I have an update! In my next post.

Last edited:

revhappy

Jun 16, 2021
Yes! Thank you!
Finally found the problem and solved it, Thank you very much!!
I tried every other things but didn't think of going in windows update, though i still have to wait for 1 week now, my device finally got detected.

You guys are awesome! I am so glad I read you posts and this worked for me as well.

Now I got this message, not sure what it means by do not add account in MIUI again. I guess, the fact that it is added already to this device is fine?
seyBUH9.jpg

mars08

Jun 14, 2021
I have a M2003J15SC (China) Redmi 10X 4G and got the bootloader officially OEM unlocked last week.

Since then I have installed the latest official Xiaomi Gobal Rom, using MiFlash. The phone works fine, no problems.

Can I now safely lock the bootloader using the Fastboot command? I've seen several comments which advise against it, saying the phone will be bricked.

If the worst was to happen... and the phone IS bricked, is it something which can be fixed without taking it to a service centre or using EDL mode?

revhappy

Jun 16, 2021
I have a M2003J15SC (China) Redmi 10X 4G and got the bootloader officially OEM unlocked last week.

Since then I have installed the latest official Xiaomi Gobal Rom, using MiFlash. The phone works fine, no problems.

Can I now safely lock the bootloader using the Fastboot command? I've seen several comments which advise against it, saying the phone will be bricked.

If the worst was to happen... and the phone IS bricked, is it something which can be fixed without taking it to a service centre or using EDL mode?
Awesome, can you tell, which version of Chinese rom were you on? Also which guide did you follow to flash the global rom?

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
You guys are awesome! I am so glad I read you posts and this worked for me as well.

Now I got this message, not sure what it means by do not add account in MIUI again. I guess, the fact that it is added already to this device is fine?
seyBUH9.jpg
Good work, my friend.
After you apply to unlock your device, you need to wait the hours for unlocking the device.
After 162 hours you can try again and your device will be unlocked.

Top Liked Posts