• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[FAQ][GUIDE][HELP] Assistance Solution Centre for MERLIN 🤓 (Redmi Note 9 / Redmi 10X 4G)

Search This thread

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
I have a M2003J15SC (China) Redmi 10X 4G and got the bootloader officially OEM unlocked last week.

Since then I have installed the latest official Xiaomi Gobal Rom, using MiFlash. The phone works fine, no problems.

Can I now safely lock the bootloader using the Fastboot command? I've seen several comments which advise against it, saying the phone will be bricked.

If the worst was to happen... and the phone IS bricked, is it something which can be fixed without taking it to a service centre or using EDL mode?
After you flash the whole MIUI again, you can lock the bootloader.
If you got bootloop, you didn't flash the WHOLE miui.
You really need to flash the full MIUI, okay?
Good luck

Reactions: RN9_G85

mars08

Jun 14, 2021
After you flash the whole MIUI again, you can lock the bootloader.
If you got bootloop, you didn't flash the WHOLE miui.
You really need to flash the full MIUI, okay?
Good luck
I got a bootloop on my first attempt, when I just ran the *. bat file in Fastboot mode. It worked properly when I used MiFlash. The phone is fine.

I have read that locking the bootloader on a Xiaomi China phone... after installing the Global MIUI... will result in a brick. Maybe that is old information.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
I got a bootloop on my first attempt, when I just ran the *. bat file in Fastboot mode. It worked properly when I used MiFlash. The phone is fine.

I have read that locking the bootloader on a Xiaomi China phone... after installing the Global MIUI... will result in a brick. Maybe that is old information.
I'm not sure.
Just flash the china miui :)

mars08

Jun 14, 2021
Awesome, can you tell, which version of Chinese rom were you on? Also which guide did you follow to flash the global rom?
The phone was running the Chinese V12.0.4.0.QJOCNXM ROM.

My first attempt to flash it in fastboot mode (using the "flash_all.bat" file)... seemed to work. But the phone ended up in a bootloop.

On my second attempt, I used the Xiaomi software (MiFlash 2021.2.26.0) and it was a success. The phone is now running Global MIUI V12.0.8.0.QJOMIXM and working perfectly

Reactions: revhappy and VD171

revhappy

Jun 16, 2021
Good work, my friend.
After you apply to unlock your device, you need to wait the hours for unlocking the device.
After 162 hours you can try again and your device will be unlocked.

Thanks! Can you please advice, can I flash the global ROM after I unlock my device? I am currently on China ROM 12.0.5.0 (RJOCNXM). I got an OTA update to downgrade from 12.0.8.0 (QJOMIXM) and that screwed up my google playservices.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Thanks! Can you please advice, can I flash the global ROM after I unlock my device? I am currently on China ROM 12.0.5.0 (RJOCNXM). I got an OTA update to downgrade from 12.0.8.0 (QJOMIXM) and that screwed up my google playservices.
I'm not sure, my friend.
Just flash it using fastboot, if you got booloop, you can flash china rom using fastboot too.

revhappy

Jun 16, 2021
I'm not sure, my friend.
Just flash it using fastboot, if you got booloop, you can flash china rom using fastboot too.

I saw in a few places you mention this, does it apply to me? Since I am on China ROM 12.0.5.0 (RJOCNXM)

If you are using V12.0.4.0 or lower, you can flash without EDL and authentication.
If you are using V12.0.5.0 or higher, you need EDL and authentication for flashing

I am planning to use Mi Flash V2

I notice they say
If you have an unlocked bootloader, you can safely flash out-of-region MIUI versions using TWRP, fastboot, or the MiFlash tool. However, be careful to always select “flash_all” and NOT “flash_all_lock” in MiFlash when you are flashing out-of-region software. If you select the latter, your bootloader will lock after flashing…which means your device will be bricked.

Is there anything else I need to be concerned about?

Last edited:

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
I saw in a few places you mention this, does it apply to me? Since I am on China ROM 12.0.5.0 (RJOCNXM)

I am planning to use Mi Flash V2

I notice they say

Is there anything else I need to be concerned about?
The EDL mode and authentication can be needed if you are flashing using spflashtool.
If you are flashing using fastboot, that doesn't matter.

If you flash using the file "flash_all_lock" it will relock the bootloader, please avoid that.

passion8059

Aug 13, 2010
Have installed 3 different roms and test charging when phone is off, but all I get is a battery with a question mark showing. What have I missed please?

passion8059

Aug 13, 2010

Attachments

• IMG_20210619_075223_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210619_075223_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
cleared all in twrp, format data, reboot, install rom, gapps, cleared cache, reboot
Did you try to flash the patched vbmeta?

passion8059

Aug 13, 2010
Did you try to flash the patched vbmeta?
yes

revhappy

Jun 16, 2021
@VD171 @mars08 Thanks a lot for all your help! Today exactly one week after I applied for unlock, I was able to unlock my phone. Then I followed the steps mentioned by @mars08, used MiFlash tool and flashed the global ROM Global MIUI V12.0.8.0.QJOMIXM. I chose the "Clean all" option and not "Clean all and Lock". After about 1200s elapsed, I got flash failed message due to flash timeout error. But surprise, my phone automatically rebooted and it was already flashed properly to the global ROM. I noticed a strange message when the phone rebooted. It said, my phone is locked and asked me to enter MIUI account password. So, when you flash with the Mi Flash, I think it already adds the account and you are made to enter your Mi account pwd.

So I am very happy, my phone is back to normal now. Thanks again guys :)

mars08

Jun 14, 2021
@VD171 @mars08 Thanks a lot for all your help! Today exactly one week after I applied for unlock, I was able to unlock my phone. Then I followed the steps mentioned by @mars08, used MiFlash tool and flashed the global ROM Global MIUI V12.0.8.0.QJOMIXM. I chose the "Clean all" option and not "Clean all and Lock". After about 1200s elapsed, I got flash failed message due to flash timeout error. But surprise, my phone automatically rebooted and it was already flashed properly to the global ROM. I noticed a strange message when the phone rebooted. It said, my phone is locked and asked me to enter MIUI account password. So, when you flash with the Mi Flash, I think it already adds the account and you are made to enter your Mi account pwd.

So I am very happy, my phone is back to normal now. Thanks again guys :)
I'm so glad it worked out for you.

As I understand it, getting an error message during the flash process is not unusual.

I'm surprised that the bootloader is locked again. Have you confirmed it with the "fastboot getvar all" command?

Did you flash the Global ROM to a China model phone? I ask because locking bootloader on that model, after flashing with the Global ROM, is supposed to brick it! And that's why I've left mine unlocked...

revhappy

Jun 16, 2021
I'm so glad it worked out for you.

As I understand it, getting an error message during the flash process is not unusual.

I'm surprised that the bootloader is locked again. Have you confirmed it with the "fastboot getvar all" command?

Did you flash the Global ROM to a China model phone? I ask because locking bootloader on that model, after flashing with the Global ROM, is supposed to brick it! And that's why I've left mine unlocked...

Hi,

The bootloader is still unlocked. I am talking about this message:
gFs6R3yMWfYQQf2_4FN7KcSzbrErAnfSpYo2njQyKCk.jpg

I think it is a security feature.
Actually I got the same message in Chinese when I used the Mi Unlock tool and I didnt know what it was.

Even I got confused and thought that my boot loader is locked. Then I went to developer options and checked it is still unlocked.

mars08

Jun 14, 2021
Hi,

The bootloader is still unlocked. I am talking about this message:
gFs6R3yMWfYQQf2_4FN7KcSzbrErAnfSpYo2njQyKCk.jpg

I think it is a security feature.
Actually I got the same message in Chinese when I used the Mi Unlock tool and I didnt know what it was.

Even I got confused and thought that my boot loader is locked. Then I went to developer options and checked it is still unlocked.

Top Liked Posts