• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[FAQ][GUIDE][HELP] Assistance Solution Centre for MERLIN 🤓 (Redmi Note 9 / Redmi 10X 4G)

Search This thread

revhappy

Jun 16, 2021
Ah, that message... the Mi account asking you to log on.

Is your phone hardware the Chinese model?

Yeah, this is actually Redmi 10X 4gb/128gb, launched in China almost a year ago . Let me know if you manage to lock your bootloader. I just installed most of my important apps, including banking apps and my work email and there were no problems, so I think unlocked bootloader should not be a restriction for now, although we dont know in the future.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
@VD171 @mars08 Thanks a lot for all your help! Today exactly one week after I applied for unlock, I was able to unlock my phone. Then I followed the steps mentioned by @mars08, used MiFlash tool and flashed the global ROM Global MIUI V12.0.8.0.QJOMIXM. I chose the "Clean all" option and not "Clean all and Lock". After about 1200s elapsed, I got flash failed message due to flash timeout error. But surprise, my phone automatically rebooted and it was already flashed properly to the global ROM. I noticed a strange message when the phone rebooted. It said, my phone is locked and asked me to enter MIUI account password. So, when you flash with the Mi Flash, I think it already adds the account and you are made to enter your Mi account pwd.

So I am very happy, my phone is back to normal now. Thanks again guys :)
Good work, my friend.
You are welcome

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Hi,

The bootloader is still unlocked. I am talking about this message:
gFs6R3yMWfYQQf2_4FN7KcSzbrErAnfSpYo2njQyKCk.jpg

I think it is a security feature.
Actually I got the same message in Chinese when I used the Mi Unlock tool and I didnt know what it was.

Even I got confused and thought that my boot loader is locked. Then I went to developer options and checked it is still unlocked.
Once you connect to your miui account, it will be saved on your phone.
After formatting the data, the phone will require that miui account again, but only once.

revhappy

Jun 16, 2021
I just realized the MIUI version which has Q in it is based on android 10 and the one that has R in it is based on andriod 11.

I had received an update in my China ROM to move from Q to R, the MIUI version number sounded like a downgrade 12.0.8.0 to 12.0.5.0, but they have a lower sub version number for android 11.

Anyways, I think they have made the change in this R version to disable Google play services working in China ROM. So, if you are on China ROM, do not update to the R version. Just stay on the Q version, if you want to continue on China ROM.

Reactions: mars08

mars08

Jun 14, 2021
... I think they have made the change in this R version to disable Google play services working in China ROM. So, if you are on China ROM, do not update to the R version. Just stay on the Q version, if you want to continue on China ROM.

Thanks for that.

The internal product name for Android 11 is "Android R”. Version 10 is "android Q"

I'll just wait until there's a Global version of the new ROM. No rush. In the meantime, I won't lock to bootloader because all of all the warnings. There shouldn't be any issues with installing apps. It seems that having a ROOTED device is what causes those problems.

Now, just enjoy your fresh phone!

Reactions: revhappy

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Thanks for that.

The internal product name for Android 11 is "Android R”. Version 10 is "android Q"

I'll just wait until there's a Global version of the new ROM. No rush. In the meantime, I won't lock to bootloader because all of all the warnings. There shouldn't be any issues with installing apps. It seems that having a ROOTED device is what causes those problems.

Now, just enjoy your fresh phone!
Magisk and LSPosed is working perfectly on Android 11.

Reactions: RN9_G85

NotVinx

Jun 16, 2021
Bihar
Redmi Note 9
I'm planning to flash SHRP recovery when I successfully unlock my bootloader (2 days left of 7 days) but I saw that you need to flash a patched vbmeta before flashing a custom recovery.

The problem is that the vbmeta which is available is for other firmware (mine's MIUI - V12.0.8.0.QJOINXM) so I was wondering do I really need to flash it and if yes then can I flash the one which is available (i.e V12.0.5.0.QJOMIXM) ?

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
I'm planning to flash SHRP recovery when I successfully unlock my bootloader (2 days left of 7 days) but I saw that you need to flash a patched vbmeta before flashing a custom recovery.

The problem is that the vbmeta which is available is for other firmware (mine's MIUI - V12.0.8.0.QJOINXM) so I was wondering do I really need to flash it and if yes then can I flash the one which is available (i.e V12.0.5.0.QJOMIXM) ?
You can flash any patched vbmeta here:

HypoTurtle

May 5, 2011
Is it known what was disabled for 12.0.8; currently on 12.0.6 - not gonna go custom for a while unless convinced otherwise - so just curious what's lost on that update.

And don't need to lower lk version unless flashing a custom rom right? Can flash magisk (& vbmeta) without that

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Is it known what was disabled for 12.0.8; currently on 12.0.6 - not gonna go custom for a while unless convinced otherwise - so just curious what's lost on that update.

And don't need to lower lk version unless flashing a custom rom right? Can flash magisk (& vbmeta) without that
V12.0.6.0 and V12.0.8.0 are totally similar and has too minor changes.

ticotexas

Feb 18, 2012
I just received my Xiaomi Redmi Note 9, Model M2003J15SG. Out of the box specs are MIUI Global, 12.0.1.0 (QJOEUVF). It's been a while since I rooted my old Oneplus 3, so I'm reading and trying to refresh myself.

Should I do a system update to the latest version of MIUI before I start the whole process, or am I better off staying at 12.0.1.0?

Is there a way to get my current boot.img and vbmeta.img directly off of my phone to fall back on in case of problems, or should I get those from MI website instead?

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
I just received my Xiaomi Redmi Note 9, Model M2003J15SG. Out of the box specs are MIUI Global, 12.0.1.0 (QJOEUVF). It's been a while since I rooted my old Oneplus 3, so I'm reading and trying to refresh myself.

Should I do a system update to the latest version of MIUI before I start the whole process, or am I better off staying at 12.0.1.0?

Is there a way to get my current boot.img and vbmeta.img directly off of my phone to fall back on in case of problems, or should I get those from MI website instead?
Firstly, are you sure your device is on QJOEUVF ??
May you attach the screenshot of about configs, please?

Reactions: ticotexas

Top Liked Posts