• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[FAQ][GUIDE][HELP] Assistance Solution Centre for MERLIN 🤓 (Redmi Note 9 / Redmi 10X 4G)

Search This thread

ticotexas

Feb 18, 2012
May you attach the screenshot of about configs, please?
Sure, here you go.

Screenshot_2021-07-28-19-22-53-187_com.android.settings.jpg

Reactions: VD171

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
I just received my Xiaomi Redmi Note 9, Model M2003J15SG. Out of the box specs are MIUI Global, 12.0.1.0 (QJOEUVF). It's been a while since I rooted my old Oneplus 3, so I'm reading and trying to refresh myself.

Should I do a system update to the latest version of MIUI before I start the whole process, or am I better off staying at 12.0.1.0?

Is there a way to get my current boot.img and vbmeta.img directly off of my phone to fall back on in case of problems, or should I get those from MI website instead?
Allright, your device is NFC model, right?
So, you can use any file safely and securely.
First, you need to unlock bootloader.
And then, you can flash patched boot.img and patched vbmeta.img.
I suggest you to flash the latest global release: Android 11 V12.0.1.0.RJOMIXM

Reactions: ticotexas

ticotexas

Feb 18, 2012
Fail on step 1. I cannot unlock and start the wait period. The unlock tool does nothing when hitting the Unlock button. Could it be because my windows 10 PC is only 32-bit? (`fastboot devices` also shows nothing.)

SIM card is inserted. Logged into MI account on phone and unlock tool. Tried a factory reset. Tried an older unlock tool version. I'm in fastboot mode. Nothing.

My 64-bit computer is linux and I don't think they have an unlock tool for linux. On linux, `fastboot devices` finds a fastboot. But running the unlock tool in Wine doesn't work, because wine gecko is not rendering the html sign in page website.

I'm stuck.

EDIT: Tried this linux executable, which failed with an error about a missing cookie: https://github.com/francescotescari/XiaoMiToolV2

Last edited:

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Fail on step 1. I cannot unlock and start the wait period. The unlock tool does nothing when hitting the Unlock button. Could it be because my windows 10 PC is only 32-bit? (`fastboot devices` also shows nothing.)

SIM card is inserted. Logged into MI account on phone and unlock tool. Tried a factory reset. Tried an older unlock tool version. I'm in fastboot mode. Nothing.

My 64-bit computer is linux and I don't think they have an unlock tool for linux. On linux, `fastboot devices` finds a fastboot. But running the unlock tool in Wine doesn't work, because wine gecko is not rendering the html sign in page website.

I'm stuck.

EDIT: Tried this linux executable, which failed with an error about a missing cookie: https://github.com/francescotescari/XiaoMiToolV2
I use Fedora Linux and I unlocked bootloader using the xiaomitoolv2 easily.

ticotexas

Feb 18, 2012
Are you trying for the first time for this device ??
Yes, brand new device and my account is new also. xiaomitoolv2 found the phone and could communicate with it. The unlock tool on Windows 10 could not even find the phone.

Another feature in MIUI not working is the Xiaomi SIM Activation. It fails. I assume it does not work because I am on AT&T prepaid. I read about it not activating on some prepaid plans. I don't know if that is related.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Yes, brand new device and my account is new also. xiaomitoolv2 found the phone and could communicate with it. The unlock tool on Windows 10 could not even find the phone.

Another feature in MIUI not working is the Xiaomi SIM Activation. It fails. I assume it does not work because I am on AT&T prepaid. I read about it not activating on some prepaid plans. I don't know if that is related.
You just need to keep trying everything you can.

ticotexas

Feb 18, 2012
Step 1 complete... after banging my head against the wall all day.

Here's how I solved it:

Unzip, miflash_unlock-en-5.5.224.24.zip, Version 5.5.224.24 in folder 1
Run and signin in Unlock Tool, batch_unlock.exe (v5.5), phone was not found in fastboot, so then close.
Unzip miflash_unlock-en-3.5.910.35.zip, Version 3.5.910.35 in folder 2
In folder 2, run as administrator driver_install.exe
Reboot phone in fastboot mode, then connect
In Windows device manager, find Android listed under Other devices with a yellow warning icon
Right-click, Update driver, Browse my computer for drivers, Let me pick from a list..., Android phone, Xiaomi composite MDB interface, next and proceed to install driver, accept warning from microsoft, etc.
In folder 2, run miflash_unlock.exe (v3.5) and signin
Hit the gear icon, choose Check for Click the button to install the drive[rs]
Keep v3.5 open
In folder 1, run batch_unlock.exe (v5.5), you should still be signed in
Click refresh, Merlin phone is now found in fastboot
Finally click unlock and it finally works, timer counting down

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7

Here's how I solved it:

Run and signin in Unlock Tool, batch_unlock.exe (v5.5), phone was not found in fastboot, so then close.
In Windows device manager, find Android listed under Other devices with a yellow warning icon
Right-click, Update driver, Browse my computer for drivers, Let me pick from a list..., Android phone, Xiaomi composite MDB interface, next and proceed to install driver, accept warning from microsoft, etc.
Keep v3.5 open
Nice.
Good work, my friend

Hello guys...

My grandma uses Redmi Note 9 and she plays a specific game that requires Internet connection... but the phone suddenly disconnects from our WiFi and when I try to reconnect it, it doesn't reconnect and it says just Saved under the SSID... I'm using also powerline, but eventhough I had same name with my router or with different names or even trying to connect to my WiFi, the phone won't connect... in other routers it can connect normally...

Other devices in home connect and work properly

What's going on??

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Hello guys...

My grandma uses Redmi Note 9 and she plays a specific game that requires Internet connection... but the phone suddenly disconnects from our WiFi and when I try to reconnect it, it doesn't reconnect and it says just Saved under the SSID... I'm using also powerline, but eventhough I had same name with my router or with different names or even trying to connect to my WiFi, the phone won't connect... in other routers it can connect normally...

Other devices in home connect and work properly

What's going on??
Did you try to enable or disable MAC randomization?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
My device got bricked, it doesn't enter to fastboot nor recovery, I tried blindly to get it through ADB or fastboot commands but nothing, and it is not recognized through Sp Flash tool, it keeps for just 1 second bootlooping with blank screen, a short vibration, disconnects and reconnects in these two modes intermittently.

mediatek-usb.png

preloader.png

I just flashed the dtbo file from the ENG firmware from here https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586340169 never mind what harmful can be a file supposed for this model.

I managed to shut it off by pressing the three buttons for some seconds, but it's the same with PC that doesn't recognize it.

From what I know, download mode works with device off (no need to press any button) and EDL works flashing the preloader, but I can't do that so no modes available.

Some ideas? Maybe discharging all the battery may help (although I can power it off) or opening back cover would be needed to test point it and this would be the last resource?

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
My device got bricked, it doesn't enter to fastboot nor recovery, I tried blindly to get it through ADB or fastboot commands but nothing, and it is not recognized through Sp Flash tool, it keeps for just 1 second bootlooping with blank screen, a short vibration, disconnects and reconnects in these two modes intermittently.

View attachment 5377243
View attachment 5377245

I just flashed the dtbo file from the ENG firmware from here https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586340169 never mind what harmful can be a file supposed for this model.

I managed to shut it off by pressing the three buttons for some seconds, but it's the same with PC that doesn't recognize it.

From what I know, download mode works with device off (no need to press any button) and EDL works flashing the preloader, but I can't do that so no modes available.

Some ideas? Maybe discharging all the battery may help (although I can power it off) or opening back cover would be needed to test point it and this would be the last resource?
You need to flash the full stock ROM again using spflashtool, my friend.
You can press "download" button to start flashing even with bootloop, I mean between while from a reboot to another.

Reactions: SubwayChamp

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
You need to flash the full stock ROM again using spflashtool, my friend.
You can press "download" button to start flashing even with bootloop, I mean between while from a reboot to another.
Thanks for reply. I tried that, you mean that in the short period device get detected, Sp Flash tool can retain it in the preloader mode to do the flashing.
I guess it needs an exact point of time maybe, I'll keep it trying it.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Thanks for reply. I tried that, you mean that in the short period device get detected, Sp Flash tool can retain it in the preloader mode to do the flashing.
I guess it needs an exact point of time maybe, I'll keep it trying it.
It is instantly.
Just press "download" button, plug the usb cable and wait for next reboot of the device.
If spflashtool is not detecting the device, probably you need to bypass EDL auth first.

Reactions: SubwayChamp

Jazzda

Sep 18, 2019
Ask google

Here's how I solved it:

Keep v3.5 open
Didn't work for me. Device is found with "fastboot devices", but hitting refresh doesn't show it in the list so I can't unlock.

Top Liked Posts