[FAQ][GUIDE][HELP] Assistance Solution Centre for MERLIN 🤓 (Redmi Note 9 / Redmi 10X 4G)

Search This thread

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I tried that too with no avail.
Then I got a link from someone to an official TWRP for merlin (from twrp.me) but it was for Motorola Moto G Turbo, also named merlin.
Now not even the hardware buttons work, so I'll take it to a support store, and I hope they can fix it.
Thank you for your support
I think you are not trying exactly what others are advising you should do, you are in your own trying things out of scope. The links for TWRP are very clear in the various guides provided by VD171.

The better is using simply the SP Flash tool with your device completely off, READ the thread to bypass the EDL authorization and all will be OK, recover first the ability to boot and after try again to customize it always that you didn't have a mistake and flashed something for other device that worst the things what I'm starting to suspect.

Jazzda

Sep 18, 2019
Ask google
I've read a lot of stuff about sp flash tool, but it's the first time someone tells that the device needs to be completely off. That's why it just sits there for more than an hour doing nothing.

Now it's too late, the phone is fully charged and will take days to drain the 5A battery.
On monday it goes to a support store hoping they will make it boot again.

(y) 🙏

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I've read a lot of stuff about sp flash tool, but it's the first time someone tells that the device needs to be completely off. That's why it just sits there for more than an hour doing nothing.

Now it's too late, the phone is fully charged and will take days to drain the 5A battery.
On monday it goes to a support store hoping they will make it boot again.

(y) 🙏
Completely off means that you have to shut down the device, not that the battery has to be drained. When the device is off connecting it to the PC while you press volume up it would work too, if the device is not recognize properly it could be hours, days, no matter, nothing can't happen in this stage. The guide to bypass EDL authorization is a must-read too, otherwise your device won't pass from BROM to bootloader and SP Flash tool won't see it.

Jazzda

Sep 18, 2019
Ask google
I can see some light at the end of the tunnel :)
After only one night the battery drown completely, and I was able to make spflashtoo detect my phone.

Now I need some guidance, please:

My device had v12.0.1.0-RJOEUXM installed, abusively auto updated from v12.0.10.0-QJOEUXM, which means, it was upgraded from A10 to A11 without a simple warning. I wanted A10 back and was able to successfully downgrade it. So far so good.
It was bricked while on 12.0.10.0-Q, after flashing a twrp for a motorola also called merlin.

This is what I think I can try now, with your bless and approval: (y)

1. Flash (in Download mode) ONLY bootloader from v12.0.4.0-QJOEUXM -> how? spflash tool complains about authorization
2. Flash (in Download mode) v12.0.10.0-QJOEUXM, leaving bootloader un ticked

If this is the correct approach, how can I bypass the error about authorization?
I've read this but couldn't get any conclusion
Direct links to the needed files would be nice.

Thanks a bunch 🙏🙏🙏

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
After only one night the battery drown completely, and I was able to make spflashtoo detect my phone.

My device had v12.0.1.0-RJOEUXM installed, abusively auto updated from v12.0.10.0-QJOEUXM, which means, it was upgraded from A10 to A11 without a simple warning. I wanted A10 back and was able to successfully downgrade it. So far so good.
It was bricked while on 12.0.10.0-Q, after flashing a twrp for a motorola also called merlin.

1. Flash (in Download mode) ONLY bootloader from v12.0.4.0-QJOEUXM -> how? spflash tool complains about authorization

If this is the correct approach, how can I bypass the error about authorization?

Thanks a bunch 🙏🙏🙏

Aezius26

Nov 29, 2021
Hi everyone, need help with bricked device. I accidentally flashed with SPFT a Redmi 10x on a Redmi 9. The result hard-brick. I wanted to downgrade from MIUI 12.5.2 to 11, bootloader was unlocked. Any suggestions? Thanks

NotVinx

Jun 16, 2021
Bihar
Redmi Note 9
Hello there,

I have a query regarding non oss and oss roms ?

Firstly, I already searched it on Google so I know what it means but I wanna know what actually is the difference between them as even few custom roms are non oss (like nusantara os).

Also, while moving from a non oss build to oss one we need to flash Miui rom again. Why is that important and what difference does it make ?

I know it's not actually a important question but I am just curious about it for a long time.

Thanks for answering :)

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Hello there,

I have a query regarding non oss and oss roms ?

Firstly, I already searched it on Google so I know what it means but I wanna know what actually is the difference between them as even few custom roms are non oss (like nusantara os).

Also, while moving from a non oss build to oss one we need to flash Miui rom again. Why is that important and what difference does it make ?

I know it's not actually a important question but I am just curious about it for a long time.

Thanks for answering :)
I'm sorry but I'm not familiarized with custom roms.
I prefer stock roms.

Mar 7, 2022
Redmi Note 9
HELP PLS

i first flashed the patched_magisk.img then i got in a twrp boot loop. When i try to reboot into the system i get back to twrp menu.
Then i panicked and went to WIPE and factory reseted,
but it got stuck again. Then i powered it off.
How do i get out of this? I wanted to flash the stock boot.img but the storage folders has strange names

View attachment 5289089

EDIT:
i figured it out what i have done. The data was ecrypted so i formated the data. But now i have another problem:
I installed linageOS from here, but when want to reboot back to system it says
No OS Installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot? i don't undertand why the custom rom didn't install.
I just copied the .zip file with the custom rom in the phone and hit install in TWRP. What did i do wrong?

Did you flash the patched vbmeta too?
when this happened to me, it resulted in a deleted preloader. had to use linux as windows refused to detect my device

Reactions: VD171
Mar 7, 2022
Redmi Note 9

Thanks a bunch 🙏🙏🙏
that motorola is marlin btw not merlin. i too got confused but luckily i double checked the names

Top Liked Posts