[[FAQ][HELP THREAD][GUIDES LIST] Ask Any Question for S6

Search This thread

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
Hello Everyone.

Good News for everyone. I have decided to maintain a help thread at Samsung S6 community in order to keep the threads for development/general section more clean and better organised. I have been noticing for a long time that whenever new users join, they still are not sure about the rules and thus mistakenly post in the wrong sections too often. If any senior member points it out to them, mostly it is either ignored or taken personally. Thus I have decided a combined help section would be very helpful to the community and the questions which are sometimes left unanswered and lost in question answer forums, that would not happen again for all of you.

I would be trying my best to personally answer all your questions and shall refer you to someone in case I feel someone else would be able to answer the same question in a more detailed way. Other users can feel free to answer as well if you think you can tackle the situation well and make sure while answering any question, you provide enough information to the users as well. You can easily link the users to posts if you think a question has been already answered.

REASONS I AM MAKING THIS
Lots of repetitive questions.
Same things told again and again
Threads remain clean
A simple reference to every important thread that you should visit in case you have a problem

WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO
Read the rules here XDA RULES BEFORE YOU POST
Idea of this thread is to help and to be helped. So ask any question you have in mind related to S6, Android, or anything at all as long as it is related to your device directly or indirectly.
Make sure you are precise with your information
Be Detailed
Do not repeat the same thing again and again
Use search button to find if your question has been asked before. Do not repeat your question if it is answered before.

WHAT INFORMATION YOU MUST PROVIDE
1.Your bootloader status if applicable
2. Rom name with complete baseband/date/version
3. Kernel name
4. Any Mods you are using
5.If you are using Custom Rom, your flashing style i.e dirty/clean or you wiped anything else in specific
6. If you used any guide, link to the guide
7. Root status
8. Your exact problem
9. Any method you tried that failed
10.Any other detail you think would be necessary

Make sure you provide as much details as possible. Things like my phone won't turn on please help would not be of any help to you or to the person answering. So please make sure you provide as much detail so we know exactly what is your problem and thus guide you in the right direction.

A sample would be something like this
Device: SM-G920
ROM name: CM 12 dated 10th May
ROM version and base: 3.99-RC2
Build number: CM_SM-G920-userdebug 4.3 JLS36G
kernel version and its settings: 3.4.0-myspecial.kernel.plus [email protected] #193
Rooted
Sabertooth Mod
I can not use my WIFI. Although i tried flashing Wifi modules but it does not work.
I flashed CM over Stock firmware version X.X.X.X.Y.Z
ETC

Please remember "Give respect to others, others will respect you back!" in simple words, No abuse towards newbies/noobs will be tolerated here! So anyone found doing that would be reported.

Another important thing is MAKE SURE YOU THANK THE PERSON who helps you. This is to show your appreciation to someone who personally took his time to answer your question. He had been nice enough to do it for FREE and nothing else. A simple thank you to his post will go a long way. The questions would be answered more and the one who is answering would be happy to answer more questions. So it is a gain gain situation for all of you. Read my signature because most people take help for granted here. So be kind to others and HIT THANKS BUTTON A LOT.

Last edited:

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
Some Requests to Users

Although every effort would be made to answer all your questions
but if you think your question has not been answered for more than 24 hours.

Please mention anyone from our team in your post by editing it.

Do NOT ask again. We will make sure that we personally answer your question.

Do NOT mention all three of us, but if someone of us is busy, you can mention another user in next 24 hours. Please do not spam the threads or complain

if your question is not answered. Try to keep this thread as clean as possible because the more clean it is , it be more easier for you to find your answers by using the search button

Please use the search button often.

Contributions
@idler1984
@techfanatic9
@heahmad
@rootSU
@Lucas Eugene
@Faspaiso
@poczynek
@madscientistdam
@blackout720
@owenbeals
@androidizen
@borimol
@Mr.W0lf
@HDxDaniel
@TacticalMissions
@me2352
@JoeFCaputo113
@meboy
@Mc0815
@MrKhozam

Last edited:

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6

Why don't you check the guides and then quote me back?
Also, usually it is not a problem to flash one region to another but sometimes you get regional lock when you flash the rom. So it could be a bit of pickle. However, as long as your model is same as other regions firmware, you can not brick your phone

Hey, there is an update for the g920f galaxy s6 , it fixes the ram problem and I really want it, but my device is rooted, and it has a flashed theme, I want everything to stay this way but if I will flash from odin it will be as new.. Titanium backup will backup it to the phone but the rom flashing will delete the backup, also, titanium backup will keep the themes? App saves?everything?

What you can do is make a titanium back and then rename titanium backup folder and then make a backup in your PC. later you can just reinstall titanium and put the backup back. Factory reset would not delete anything in your sd card or internal storage as long as you do not tick wipe internal storage and sd card but making a backup is always good

Is someone willing to make a thread about what flashable zips of mods or roms people have flashed via flashfire without tripping knox counter?

I am planning. Check this thread

Hi

Anyone else having this issue and could it be the reason, that a lot of people complain about the fingerprint scanner?

Thanks in advance
See if you can find the answer here or quote me back for an answer

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
On my old phone i used to have an external sd card and all my media is placed on there also other things that i dont want deleted off the phone when i do clean installs of roms... just incase more roms pop out in the future... is there a way to replicate that? Maybe like partition the internal sd? Thanks

There are partion mods mentioned on this thread second post. See if that helps.

Do any versions of the S6 have the "Increase volume in pocket" option or similar?
If so, what model/s?(SM-G920T, SM-G920F, etc., etc)

TIA

Soooo......Coming from the M7, I was used to the good sounding speakers. ...Any help would help! Thanks!

The mod mentioned here is to increase sound overall. Im not sure,if that'd be of help.

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> G920FXXU1AOE3_G920FOLB1AODR_G920FXXU1AOE3_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> sboot.bin
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I have no idea what went wrong. Can anyone help me? Thanks

See the guides I posted in the help thread in stock ROM /flash via Odin.
If that doesn't hslo, please quote back with necessarily information.

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
Really good initiative! Thanks for it and keep up the good work :)

I hope to keep it in order and working!

The only thing I can see that is missing is the unroot/unbrick guide and the "more accurate colors guide". :)

Both guides added. Many Thanks!

Hi,

I'm trying to find the latest firmware available for my S6 international model.

Been plagued by the battery drain issue while in sleep mode thus im resorting to this,
but my country (Singapore) have yet to release any updated OTA firmware, might be better that i flashed another country that have a updated firmware?

I would advise you not to flash any other variant firmware because that can result in regional lock imposed by Samsung. however, you can take a look at the guides above which address battery drain issues. Good Luck

Quote me back if you expect a reply

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyHenceMcGee

EkoXE

Mar 27, 2012
Hey guys, I would be glad if someone of you, could help me with my problem.

I have an S6 normal,64gb, unbranded. I think the other info is not needed as I do not have root.
My problem is related to wifi network and I could not find a solution yet.
I connect at home with my password, it works fine. I leave home, I come back and it connects automatically, like it should.
Then I went to my parents place. Their network is named the same as mine home. I enter their password and it works fine. Now the problem. I go back to my place and it does NOT connect, but I have to reenter the password.

I guess it is because both networks are named the same. Coupd this be? Is there a solution? Maybe settings? My old M7 can manage the situation, my m8 aswell, and any laptop aswell...
I realy like the S6, but I cannot imagine this not to work as it 'sucks' to reenter the password when I go to my parents place...

I never had a samsung sofar. Could it be that they do not save passwords once you connect to another wifi? In the moment I could only try with those 2 networks...

I would be thankful for any clarifications.

Have a nice evening!

sh0nuff

Aug 18, 2010
Ottawa
Unique situation...

I do some work for an official network provider, and usually these sorts of things are easy, but it appears that Samsung is getting more and more complex

The provider has a number of S6 and S6 Edge devices with Demo content on them..

They want to use these as demo phones with the stock firmware on them, but they cirrently have the demo enabled on them, which can be turned off... however it comes back on again on powering back up.. Even a reset to factory default reinstalls the demo modes.... However, they appear branded as the 920X and 925X, no carrier variant letter after the numbers.. Where can I find the firmware for these? Sammobile doesn't list these.. I've considered flashing a stock bootloader using Odin, but I don't know where to find this vs the firmware bundles..

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
Hey guys, .......

I would be thankful for any clarifications.

Have a nice evening!

Hello
Thank you for your detailed information regarding your problem. Read the following extract.

As far as a standard 802.11 (Wi-Fi) client is concerned, the same SSID(Service Set Identity) it's the same network. This is how you set up multi-AP wireless networks that allow roaming between APs; you set them all up to publish the same SSID, so the clients know those APs are all part of the same network and the clients can roam between them as needed.

Some client implementations try to be smart about the potential problem you've raised (neighbors using non-unique default SSIDs), but you shouldn't assume that all clients will handle it gracefully and securely.

Having WPA2-PSK enabled on your AP will make sure that your neighbor's clients can't join your AP, but it won't keep them from trying (and possibly causing authentication error events on your router's system log). By the way, WPA2-PSK does not require the AP or the client to reveal the password to the other devices; that would be exceedingly lame. Modern authentication schemes use mathematical tricks that allow each end to prove to the other that they know something, without revealing to an impostor or eavesdropper what it is they know.

Having WPA2-PSK on your own AP won't necessarily keep your clients from trying to join your neighbor's same-SSID network. Your clients may prompt you for a new password for the network if they accidentally try to join your neighbor's AP, and the join fails because of the bad password. If your neighbor turns off security on his network your clients may actually successfully join without prompting. That is to say, I've seen 802.11 clients that were susceptible to security downgrade attacks, where just because they knew a WPA2-PSK password for a given SSID, didn't mean they felt compelled to always require that network to use WPA2-PSK; if they saw the same SSID without security, they might just join it and not bother with security. This is, of course, insecure and buggy behavior, and I would hope that the Wi-Fi Alliance's Wi-Fi certification testing tests to make sure that devices that pass certification don't do this, but you never know.

Try changing your Router name or try this app and see how it helps

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.kman.WifiManager

Always quote me back if you expect a reply

Last edited:
Reactions: EkoXE

toxicdust

Jul 17, 2009
Centurion
Menu Sort

Hi

Ok so my Device is the International S6 flat (G920F). It is still running stock firmware and using TW because I like the new feel of it. The 5x5 grid is nice en no reason to install Nova like I have always done.

I want to sort the App drawer alphabetically. There is currently no option to do this but I was wondering if there is potentially a App that can give that option or something that can be done on the Stock FW with TW to sort the App Drawer.

I don't want to install Nova as the notifications work a lot better on TW than with Nova.

Any other suggestions?

F

Faspaiso

Hi

Ok so my Device is the International S6 flat (G920F). It is still running stock firmware and using TW because I like the new feel of it. The 5x5 grid is nice en no reason to install Nova like I have always done.

I want to sort the App drawer alphabetically. There is currently no option to do this but I was wondering if there is potentially a App that can give that option or something that can be done on the Stock FW with TW to sort the App Drawer.

I don't want to install Nova as the notifications work a lot better on TW than with Nova.

Any other suggestions?

Heard some people say there is a A-Z button, but can't seem to find it myself.

Currently there is no other way, but let's hope for a fix in 5.1. But you can click the change icon in the app drawer and then move the apps around as you want. Even make maps there. It's a bandaid fix, but well, it works.

May I ask what you mean, that notifications works better in TW? Mine notifications works flawlessly in Nova.

toxicdust

Jul 17, 2009
Centurion
Heard some people say there is a A-Z button, but can't seem to find it myself.

Currently there is no other way, but let's hope for a fix in 5.1. But you can click the change icon in the app drawer and then move the apps around as you want. Even make maps there. It's a bandaid fix, but well, it works.

May I ask what you mean, that notifications works better in TW? Mine notifications works flawlessly in Nova.

I have used Nova (Prime - Paid version) for years. First was on my S4 then Note3 and I gave it a go on the S6 now but its just always the same. I noticed it on my Note3 almost every day. Even if I used the setting to monitor notification bar. But as example. I use Gmail and Inbox for my personal mail and then I have the Email app setup on Exchange to do all my work emails. I prefer to keep them separate for the sake of keeping them separate.

When Nova picks up a new email in the email app it sometimes shows "999+" and not just "1" ... The notification number is a lot of times inaccurate. I has Tesla unread installed as well. It also don't cater for all apps. It caters for Gmail and Inbox but not for the default Email app. Why cant it just show a notification on the app that has a notification like all other launchers. I dunno. I just have issues with it and want to move away from it for a bit.

George.B

Mar 23, 2015
Berlin
A little help

Hi all!
Yesterday i sold my Note 4 and bought an Galaxy S6.
I am very happy with the phone , but i have a little problem.
When i connect my charger cable into the phone , it is connecting hard (when im plugin the usb it is only working from one position otherwise can not enter ) and also it is removing hard.
Ive not experience this issue with the Note 4 , the usb cable plug was entering and exit with no problem whatsoever.
Has anyone the same issue ?
It is a general thing for S6 or I am having a defective device?
Thank you.
Please excuse my bad english.

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
Hi all!
Yesterday i sold my Note 4 and bought an Galaxy S6.
I am very happy with the phone , but i have a little problem.
When i connect my charger cable into the phone , it is connecting hard (when im plugin the usb it is only working from one position otherwise can not enter ) and also it is removing hard.
Ive not experience this issue with the Note 4 , the usb cable plug was entering and exit with no problem whatsoever.
Has anyone the same issue ?
It is a general thing for S6 or I am having a defective device?
Thank you.
Please excuse my bad english.

I am supposing you got a new device and charger and device usb port and new and thus, some effort is needed to yank them apart or connect them. Is that right ?

It still happens with my LG Gpad which is about a week or so old. Give it time and if you still seem to have problem, you can always replace it.

What do you reckon ?

George.B

Mar 23, 2015
Berlin
I am supposing you got a new device and charger and device usb port and new and thus, some effort is needed to yank them apart or connect them. Is that right ?

It still happens with my LG Gpad which is about a week or so old. Give it time and if you still seem to have problem, you can always replace it.

What do you reckon ?

Yes, it is new. Today I've been to the store and try another device and it is the same. So I think that's the way the USB connector works on S6.

Sent from my SM-G920F using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone.

Good News for everyone. I have decided to maintain a help thread at Samsung S6 community in order to keep the threads for development/general section more clean and better organised. I have been noticing for a long time that whenever new users join, they still are not sure about the rules and thus mistakenly post in the wrong sections too often. If any senior member points it out to them, mostly it is either ignored or taken personally. Thus I have decided a combined help section would be very helpful to the community and the questions which are sometimes left unanswered and lost in question answer forums, that would not happen again for all of you.

I would be trying my best to personally answer all your questions and shall refer you to someone in case I feel someone else would be able to answer the same question in a more detailed way. Other users can feel free to answer as well if you think you can tackle the situation well and make sure while answering any question, you provide enough information to the users as well. You can easily link the users to posts if you think a question has been already answered.

REASONS I AM MAKING THIS
    Lots of repetitive questions.
    Same things told again and again
    Threads remain clean
    A simple reference to every important thread that you should visit in case you have a problem

WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO
    Read the rules here XDA RULES BEFORE YOU POST
    Idea of this thread is to help and to be helped. So ask any question you have in mind related to S6, Android, or anything at all as long as it is related to your device directly or indirectly.
    Make sure you are precise with your information
    Be Detailed
    Do not repeat the same thing again and again
    Use search button to find if your question has been asked before. Do not repeat your question if it is answered before.

WHAT INFORMATION YOU MUST PROVIDE
    1.Your bootloader status if applicable
    2. Rom name with complete baseband/date/version
    3. Kernel name
    4. Any Mods you are using
    5.If you are using Custom Rom, your flashing style i.e dirty/clean or you wiped anything else in specific
    6. If you used any guide, link to the guide
    7. Root status
    8. Your exact problem
    9. Any method you tried that failed
    10.Any other detail you think would be necessary

Make sure you provide as much details as possible. Things like my phone won't turn on please help would not be of any help to you or to the person answering. So please make sure you provide as much detail so we know exactly what is your problem and thus guide you in the right direction.

A sample would be something like this
    Device: SM-G920
    ROM name: CM 12 dated 10th May
    ROM version and base: 3.99-RC2
    Build number: CM_SM-G920-userdebug 4.3 JLS36G
    kernel version and its settings: 3.4.0-myspecial.kernel.plus [email protected] #193
    Rooted
    Sabertooth Mod
    I can not use my WIFI. Although i tried flashing Wifi modules but it does not work.
    I flashed CM over Stock firmware version X.X.X.X.Y.Z
    ETC

Please remember "Give respect to others, others will respect you back!" in simple words, No abuse towards newbies/noobs will be tolerated here! So anyone found doing that would be reported.

Another important thing is MAKE SURE YOU THANK THE PERSON who helps you. This is to show your appreciation to someone who personally took his time to answer your question. He had been nice enough to do it for FREE and nothing else. A simple thank you to his post will go a long way. The questions would be answered more and the one who is answering would be happy to answer more questions. So it is a gain gain situation for all of you. Read my signature because most people take help for granted here. So be kind to others and HIT THANKS BUTTON A LOT.
    Some Requests to Users

Although every effort would be made to answer all your questions
    but if you think your question has not been answered for more than 24 hours.

Please mention anyone from our team in your post by editing it.

Do NOT ask again. We will make sure that we personally answer your question.

Do NOT mention all three of us, but if someone of us is busy, you can mention another user in next 24 hours. Please do not spam the threads or complain

if your question is not answered. Try to keep this thread as clean as possible because the more clean it is , it be more easier for you to find your answers by using the search button

Please use the search button often.

Contributions
    @idler1984
    @techfanatic9
    @heahmad
    @rootSU
    @Lucas Eugene
    @Faspaiso
    @poczynek
    @madscientistdam
    @blackout720
    @owenbeals
    @androidizen
    @borimol
    @Mr.W0lf
    @HDxDaniel
    @TacticalMissions
    @me2352
    @JoeFCaputo113
    @meboy
    @Mc0815
    @MrKhozam
    my device is the 920f and the the only firmware that worked for me after the all process is this one (G920FXXU3COL1_G920FVDS3COL2_G920FXXU3CPA1_HOME.tar) and i dont think that this is the only problem because as i said ive also tried to root with cf-root and not only twrp.

but if you could please tell me step by step what to do in order to get twrp once again and to flash a rom again i will be forever greatful (superSU, twrp, root etc)

Hi,

Sorry for taking too long, I was a bit busy, but now I can reply.

So, first things first, due to Knox bootloader it's not recommended to flash an older version of software than the one you are currently in. That may lead to some incompatibility that will lead to bootloops or laggy systems. So, let's begin the rooting process by flashing you a custom recovery.

Download it from this link -- https://twrp.me/devices/samsunggalaxys6.html -- I believe you have Odin installed, open Odin, boot your phone in download mode and flash the file. Further instructions on this on the link I've sent you. I suggest ticking off auto reboot from Odin, after you are done, turn off the phone and boot in recovery. To boot in recovery hold the volume up button, home button and power button at the same time, when the text "Recovery is booting... Recovery is not SEAndroid Enforcing" appears I stop holding the power button, as you may shut it down.

Now you should be at TWRP, if you aren't, that is you're in stock recovery, flash it again, also try downloading the file again, as you might have downloaded a corrupted file. If it just shuts itself down, try to download again and flash again. Also beware what I mentioned, sometimes you shut the phone down while holding the key combination for too long.

Now on TWRP, plug your phone in your computer and download this file then copy it to your phone, you can also do it before booting in recovery. Now click install and open the zip you just downloaded, flash it and reboot. Personally I like to clear cache before rebooting, there's an option there.

Everything should be fine now, if you didn't flash anything different or mess up any part up there it should be working fine. If it bootloops, please send a logcat, so I can try checking if there's any conflict.

Give a huge thanks to this guy and this guy. Good luck!

Hi, i wanted to downgrade to 5.1.1 before the FW that we can Optimize all the apps . just to test it.
    I already made all the tests for the battery and make part of the beta program test 6.0 and 6.0.1.
    And the best battery was a few months ago.
    Since that i never had that SoT.
    I test few FW's and now have latest XEF for now its stable. But not like it was before.
    I now battery could die a little bit with time,and s6 has a small battery.
    Stock no root..

All the best.[/QUOTE

Hi,

I don't know if you are able to actually downgrade the S6 firmware due to Knox Bootloader. However you can try downloading the firmware from SamMobile and flashing it through Odin.

i know its too late but i have to say this ive created and index using the new format

[INDEX] Samsung Galaxy S6 Resources Compilation Roll-Up

Hi,

And an even more belated thank you! Keep the thread alive :).

Couple of questions:

I have a SM-G9208 (Chinese model Galaxy S6). It seems like it will be a while before any official Marshmallow firmware is released for it, so my question is: is it possible to install the firmware for a different model Galaxy S6 on this Galaxy S6? For instance, could I install one of the stock 6.0.1 ROMs on it?

My next question is: Is it possible to flash a ROM without wiping my apps and user data? What's the best way to do this?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

First question is one that I ask myself as well, since my phone is my daily driver I didn't test yet, unfortunately. But I wouldn't risk flashing the bootloader of 920f (the one with stock marshmallow) on your 9208 device.

As for the second question, I don't think so, most, if not all, ROMs require a clean install to guarantee stability. So please, make a TitaniumBackup or something of the kind and happy flashing :).

Hi,
    Before posting I'd try my best to search for the right answer, but there are just too many views.

I wont be able to provide details because my phone is locked because of the fingerprint issue. Worst is my data and WiFi are off, so can't even unlock via Google. I am using g s6 g920i, the one officially available in india.

As far as I knw, factory rest is the only option in this case. But I just wanted to extract my pictures and videos before I do that. Since it's a 10 day old phone, I have not enabled USB debugging.

What I wanted to know is how can I install twrp recovery and pull my data out us inch adb. My only concern is pictures and videos. I know Ill loose on warranty.
    Looking forward to a positive solution.

Thanks

Hi,

I've posted an answer to a similar problem some time ago, let me give you a link -- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=63236926&postcount=324.

Thanks. All of your cons except slippery are not serious to me as they are the same existing things on iPhone. The camera lens is protruded so is it necessary to have a case?

Hi,

The phone felt slippery at first, then it was okay after getting used to it to me. Same for the protruding camera, I got used to a slightly inclined position it stays while I'm using it on a table. If you want a minimalist case I am using a Samsung Clear Case, has been working fine, but I usually only put it on when I'm going out of my house, else I keep it "naked", I like the way it feels haha.

But yeah, if you feel like it's too slippery or that you are worried of the protruded camera, get yourself a case, better than having it slipping from your hands or scratching the camera lens (which even though I don't rely too much on my case still didn't happen to me).

All the best,
    ~Lord
    Thanks for the answer
    Unfortunately she didn't set anything up! No Samsung account, no Google! And the only she needs now is her pictures so if ADB Pull helps wih that I'd be glad if you help me :)

Hi,

First, I suggest next time after Factory Reset she configures Samsung Account, Google Account, maybe an OneDrive or Dropbox account to keep pictures backed up and note down her Backup Password hehe ;).

Now, for the ADB Pull, first thing you'll need to do is flash a custom recovery, so you have access to the files inside the device (unless she encrypted it, then we're out of options). To flash a custom recovery download Odin 3.10 and a custom recovery of your preference. I suggest TWRP - http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/orig-development/twrp-t3080940 (thank this post) - you can download from this link. To install follow the link instruction.

Now, download the adb package that was provided earlier to you and place them all under a folder. Power off your device and boot in recovery using Power Button + Volume Up + Home Button all at the same time. In recovery you'll go to Mount menu, and mount everything. Now plug your device and open a CMD (if you are on Linux tell me and I'll update the instructions) on the folder that adb files are located.

The adb pull command word like this:

Code:
    adb pull "folder to be backed up" "folder destination in your computer"

Now with CMD open, you'll need to type the following:
    Code:
    adb devices

If there your device appeared on the list, then you are ready to perform the backup, else you'll need to check if all your drivers are properly installed. With the device ready, type:

Code:
    adb pull /sdcard/DCIM PhotosBackup

It takes a while to complete. You can replace PhotosBackup with any other folder name you want. If you want you can backup all the files in internal memory using this:

Code:
    adb pull /sdcard Backup

Now just factory reset the device and you're good to go! I hope it helps!

All the best,
    ~Lord