[FAQ] OxygeN + Tips!

th3

Apr 13, 2010
UK-KSA-S.E.Asia
I personally think the Animated Weather app is a very good, free weather widget, and Mag Flashlight app is very similar to HTC Flashlight app. The other essential app I'm sort of crazy about is Screen Filter ;)

All working well on this ROM.

Anyone know an app to disable/enable button backlight that works with this ROM?

Thanks much for the list. It helped me many with some basics that I always search for with a new ROM.

------------------------------
- Sent via HTC Desire -

bernabap

Jul 25, 2009
@potter1984

I have seen some posts like this on Adam thread:

"Am I the only one who can't read comments in the Market on RC2? It says "no comments" regardless of app."

maybe should be good if u post on Tips section that they need to set location first to see market comments. We also need set this first to see all the numbers on ginger keyboard.

btw great FAQ man, keep going!

Thanks

Nov 29, 2010
@potter1984

"Am I the only one who can't read comments in the Market on RC2? It says "no comments" regardless of app."

maybe should be good if u post on Tips section that they need to set location first to see market comments. We also need set this first to see all the numbers on ginger keyboard.

Thanks
I am not able to see market comments either, (I am using Oxygen 1.0.4 at the moment). How do I set location? In settings I have Use wireless networks enabled..

EDIT: ok found it! changed the locale in settings

Btw thanks for adding the new comments ;)

Last edited:

potter1984

Jan 11, 2009
Bristol
@potter1984

Thanks
I am not able to see market comments either, (I am using Oxygen 1.0.4 at the moment). How do I set location? In settings I have Use wireless networks enabled..

EDIT: ok found it! changed the locale in settings

Btw thanks for adding the new comments ;)

Thanks guys added to the FAQ :).

Hope you ALL had a great Christmas

nikv5

Dec 26, 2010
Newbie alert!

When it sais N1table is recommended, does that mean I need to s-off my desire, but can use data++ like you said or does it mean I don't have to s-off?

Or should I just stfu because you never NEED to s-off for any rom?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

potter1984

Jan 11, 2009
Bristol
Soff gives you full access to system. So its much better to have it and use what ever table you want. If you have a ext3 partition n1table is recommended.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

amigo_s

Dec 14, 2010
I am still a little bit scared to s-off my desire.. How may that affect the Rom and my ext partition..?
it doesn't affect the rom and the partitions at all if i'm correct. It only bypasses the security as it's explained on alpharev.nl

Maybe it's an option to include the oxygen table in the FAQ now it's available on the alpharev.nl site

Kendoji

Dec 7, 2010
Yep, and might be good to put in some links to good S-Off instructions, as the ones on alpharev.nl aren't very noob-friendly. Loads of questions in the main thread recently about that (when I did my S-Off I also got stuck on the apharev.nl instructions and had to search xda for something more detailed).

rpeter

Sep 22, 2008
Budapest
Flash signature verification problem

I try to install Oxigen v2.0 RC4, but i have an interesting problem (and can't find any sollution in the web)
I rooted my phone temporary with ViISIONary+ (can't root permanently), s-offed and install the Alpharev HBOOT to the phone via Alpharev (rooted temporary before the step2 too)
After the reboot, i rooted permanently.
Installed the Rom Manager, flashed the newest ClockworkMod.
After it, when i tried to backup my current rom, i received an error in the recovery :"Can't open /cache/recovery/command"

If i try to instal the new rom from ROM manager, received a same message from recovery, when I try it manualy, i received an error after the Verifying update package:
E:failed verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Could you help me, which step(s) was missed?

The phone is:
BRAVO PVT3 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.93.0001
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.11.05.27
Currently sw is the stock 2.29.405.5 from HTC.

SWs:
Rom Manager 3.0.0.2 from market
ClockworkMod 2.5.0.7
Android system recovery<3e>
Alpharev 1.5

khm:)
I solved it...:) The Rom Manager tried to flash recovery, unsuccessful (but the main screen sad : ClockworkMod 2.5.0.7 installed..

When i flashed manualy, the backup and the rom installation works correctly...:)

Nice regards
Peter

Last edited:

Silver100HP

Mar 7, 2009
@potter1984

First of all, good tutorial. Thanks.
But the major point of it is useless like in all other tutorials.
1) Nandroid backup in recovery.
2) Verify the MD5SUM of the file you downloaded against the one in the table.
3) Flash HBOOT with your phone in fastboot mode (Back+POWER) ->
Code:
 fastboot flash hboot bravo_alphaspl-oxygen.img
(change into the correct filename for the HBOOT you downloaded)
Is it so hard to write something like
3a) Boot your phone is fastboot mode (Back+POWER) ->
3b) Open a command promt (Windows) / a terminal (Linux) and type the following code:

fastboot flash hboot bravo_alphaspl-oxygen.img
I think, this is one of many other point, why the original threat for das Oxygen ROM is totaly messed out.

Sorry for my english, if there are to many mistakes. My schooldays were long ago.

Reactions: superliam

potter1984

Jan 11, 2009
Bristol
@potter1984

First of all, good tutorial. Thanks.
But the major point of it is useless like in all other tutorials.

Is it so hard to write something like

I think, this is one of many other point, why the original threat for das Oxygen ROM is totaly messed out.

Sorry for my english, if there are to many mistakes. My schooldays were long ago.
TBF if you NEED this type of instruction you should really not be rooting, The instructions are clearly stated, if you do not know what these are then please do your homework first, and don't expect to be spoon fed!

Last edited:

Silver100HP

Mar 7, 2009
I don't need this type of instruction. I already S-OFFed my phone and flashed the Oxygen HBOOT. The only trouble I had was to get 'fastboot' working under xubuntu. (driver/connection problem; not the problem that I have to use the terminal)
But in the other thread, there are hundreds of people asking how to do that, when they are in 'fastboot mode'.

Last edited:

psygbert

Nov 27, 2010
@potter1984

please also mention in the faq that some desire models cannot be s-off yet (those with erasesize 40000) as some are having trouble with it. they can check their mtd erasesize via adb

adb shell cat /proc/mtd

the display of the models that cannot be s-off'd yet would possibly look like this:

dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 00100000 00040000 "misc"
mtd1: 00480000 00040000 "recovery"
mtd2: 00340000 00040000 "boot"
mtd3: 0fa00000 00040000 "system"
mtd4: 02800000 00040000 "cache"
mtd5: 096c0000 00040000 "userdata"

while those models with erasesize 20000 can be s-off'd by alpharev.

thanks.

potter1984

Jan 11, 2009
Bristol
@potter1984

please also mention in the faq that some desire models cannot be s-off yet (those with erasesize 40000) as some are having trouble with it. they can check their mtd erasesize via adb

adb shell cat /proc/mtd

the display of the models that cannot be s-off'd yet would possibly look like this:

dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 00100000 00040000 "misc"
mtd1: 00480000 00040000 "recovery"
mtd2: 00340000 00040000 "boot"
mtd3: 0fa00000 00040000 "system"
mtd4: 02800000 00040000 "cache"
mtd5: 096c0000 00040000 "userdata"

while those models with erasesize 20000 can be s-off'd by alpharev.

thanks.
Thanks added in :p

potter1984

Jan 11, 2009
Bristol
I don't need this type of instruction. I already S-OFFed my phone and flashed the Oxygen HBOOT. The only trouble I had was to get 'fastboot' working under xubuntu. (driver/connection problem; not the problem that I have to use the terminal)
But in the other thread, there are hundreds of people asking how to do that, when they are in 'fastboot mode'.
So let me get this right....

Your bashing the way i wrote the thread because YOU had a personal problem with a certain distro??

And if you use SEARCH with the terms oh say "fastboot how to" you may of found the solution quicker XD

And you say "But in the other thread, there are hundreds of people asking how to do that, when they are in 'fastboot mode'." This is mainly a lack of EFFORT on their part, lazyness, you really do need to do your homework before ever attempting anything in "life" really. Its just simple common sense.....

Last edited: