[FAQ][READ THIS] POLL IS UPDATED! come and vote again ;)

what is the best custom ROM? [you can choose multiple options ;)]

• Total voters
Search This thread

jazux

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 23, 2010
helsinki
Hi all! i wanted to start a FAQ thread because im sick of seeing/reading threads like "what is best custom ROM? please help", "need OC help, please help!" and other very useless threads. i come acrcoss these kind of threads almost every day :/ thats why i want to make this thread to minimize the amount of useless threads ;)

red = question color

green = answer color

@please make this thread sticky so it will always remain at the top :)

FAQ

1.) what ROM is best/stable/battery saver/fastest?

this is the MOST asked question of all time :D and short answer is: test every available ROM! everybody has their opinion and it is just stupid to make this kind of thread because most likely it is going to end up like this:

user24 says: InDroid is the best use that!

user25 says: lestatious is the best use that!

user26 says: no use kyrillos, its the best!

so DONT post threads like that!

2.) best filesystems to use?

most of the people say its:

stl6 ext4

stl7 ext4

stl8 ext2

3.) what is the best stock ROM?

almost everybody recommends JPM

4.) is there going to be official 2.3?

most likely NO!

5.) im from another SG forum and id like to flash SG3 ROM, can i do it? we have very similar specs

you can do it but it wont work!

6.) OMG, help me, kies wont recognize my phone and i cant revert back to official firmware!

Kies wont recognize your phone if its rooted, if you have flashed a custom ROM or if you have flashed unofficial samsung ROM!, so you need to find out what is the official firmware in your country then find that firmware on www.samfirmware.com and flash it via odin ;)

7.) is it dangerous to flash a custom ROM?

Most likely no but remember you are flashing on your own and the risks are still there no matter what ;)

8.) How to root android 2.2 FROYO?

use super1clickRoot, z4root wont work on 2.2!

9.) how do i know if my phone is hard bricked?

you CANT enter recovery, download (using 3 button (power+vol down+home button)) or boot the phone

10.) my phone CAN enter download mode but cant boot, is it soft brick?

yes it is! just flash another ROM and everything should be ok :)

ill add more FAQ´s later but now i got other things to do ;) oh and also you can suggest different kind of questions and answers you want me to add :)

also tell me what you think of this thread :eek:

Last edited:

sharukins

Jun 15, 2011

most likely NO!

samsung customer service germany told me yes lol

but is still to be confirmed by other users ^^

anyway I don't understand why people get so mad because of such threads, if you hate them, just ignore them. no one forces you to read or even answer o_O

I don't understand why people can't just use the search option as well. as they would geht their answer faster.
but hey, you're on the internet, not everyone's as smart as you. there are stupid users everywhere :D

jazux

Dec 23, 2010
helsinki

most likely NO!

samsung customer service germany told me yes lol

but is still to be confirmed by other users ^^

anyway I don't understand why people get so mad because of such threads, if you hate them, just ignore them. no one forces you to read or even answer o_O

I don't understand why people can't just use the search option as well. as they would geht their answer faster.
but hey, you're on the internet, not everyone's as smart as you. there are stupid users everywhere :D

when i get confirmation that we will have 2.3 i will update it but now its most likely a no ;) also im not mad im just stunned because there are mny threads like this and that but nobody even cares to search for them and then they spam the forum... this SHOULD decrease haree's job on this forum, he has many, many other forums that he is in charge and with this thread i hope that his job will become easier and the forums will be cleaner :)

and because there are some lazy guys who cant/wont use the search tool this will most likely answer thse answers ;)

dilzo

Apr 24, 2011
The search tool is useless, if you get even a work wrong you have to wait 30secs and search again which is kinda pretty lame. So this thread is useful, thanks jazux.
Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA App

jazux

Dec 23, 2010
helsinki
The search tool is useless, if you get even a work wrong you have to wait 30secs and search again which is kinda pretty lame. So this thread is useful, thanks jazux.
Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA App

jazux

Dec 23, 2010
helsinki
the only problem is, if new rom's come, then it is not possible to update the poll :(

true :( but now i have created poll (will make it public in a minute ;)) and it has 29 ROMs and 29 options... i looked trough every page on dev section and listed every ROM that is not closed/dead and with dl link available

rudolf895

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
IND
the only problem is, if new rom's come, then it is not possible to update the poll :(

not all new roms last long you know..
I'm sure after the rom tutorial was out many new roms came up but lasted for less time..(no specific names please!)
So it wont matter much..
But if a new rom was really awesome and worth the entry in the poll haree could add a option(maybe) or could restart the poll with new option(definitely, this can be done by a mod)

Edit: Nice,jazux you looked for 29! Roms.

niteshtak

Feb 15, 2011
Pune
my question is "why MARCELLUSBE is still not a recognized developer"...now i know he's too humble and says all these LABELS doesn't bother him...but a little more recognition is necessary..I'm just sayin :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all! i wanted to start a FAQ thread because im sick of seeing/reading threads like "what is best custom ROM? please help", "need OC help, please help!" and other very useless threads. i come acrcoss these kind of threads almost every day :/ thats why i want to make this thread to minimize the amount of useless threads ;)

red = question color

green = answer color

@please make this thread sticky so it will always remain at the top :)

FAQ

1.) what ROM is best/stable/battery saver/fastest?

this is the MOST asked question of all time :D and short answer is: test every available ROM! everybody has their opinion and it is just stupid to make this kind of thread because most likely it is going to end up like this:

user24 says: InDroid is the best use that!

user25 says: lestatious is the best use that!

user26 says: no use kyrillos, its the best!

so DONT post threads like that!

2.) best filesystems to use?

most of the people say its:

stl6 ext4

stl7 ext4

stl8 ext2

3.) what is the best stock ROM?

almost everybody recommends JPM

most likely NO!

5.) im from another SG forum and id like to flash SG3 ROM, can i do it? we have very similar specs

you can do it but it wont work!

6.) OMG, help me, kies wont recognize my phone and i cant revert back to official firmware!

Kies wont recognize your phone if its rooted, if you have flashed a custom ROM or if you have flashed unofficial samsung ROM!, so you need to find out what is the official firmware in your country then find that firmware on www.samfirmware.com and flash it via odin ;)

7.) is it dangerous to flash a custom ROM?

Most likely no but remember you are flashing on your own and the risks are still there no matter what ;)

8.) How to root android 2.2 FROYO?

use super1clickRoot, z4root wont work on 2.2!

9.) how do i know if my phone is hard bricked?

you CANT enter recovery, download (using 3 button (power+vol down+home button)) or boot the phone

10.) my phone CAN enter download mode but cant boot, is it soft brick?

yes it is! just flash another ROM and everything should be ok :)

ill add more FAQ´s later but now i got other things to do ;) oh and also you can suggest different kind of questions and answers you want me to add :)

also tell me what you think of this thread :eek:
    Edit: Nice,jazux you looked for 29! Roms.

yep :D it took some time but why not? now hopefully we dont need to see any more "what is best custom ROM?" threads :)
    ill add links here :)

- www.samfirmware.com/WEBPROTECT-i5800.htm for official and un official firmwares

- http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i5800_galaxy_3-3395.php full SG3 specs

-
    another reservation ;)
    Nice thread. :) :D . But even then, many people won t see this thread and still ask same stupid questions :p

then i reply to that thread with CAPS on and say: !READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING! and if they are blind and cant read my text ill PM mod to delete it :D