[FAQs][Q/A][Xperia P,U,Sola & Go]Help Thread, Newbies post here first

Search This thread

citizenerased2014

Sep 7, 2015
xelp Xperia GO "no sim card" error

Hello,
my Xperia GO don't recognize any SIM card after flashing Xperia_Go_ST27i_6.1.1.B.1.1.0_Sony.ftf by @teocomi .
I tried flashing any other possible fw version, hard reset, changing various SIM cards, but no luck.
I suspect TrimArea is messed up.
Everything works in the phone, except the network part, like if no sim card inserted.
At every reboot, phone tells me it will auto-power-off after 15mins, to avoid it I press "Cancel", then it prompts me to select language, then asks me to insert a SIM card.
S1tool reports:
Code:
RUNNING S1_BOOT VER "R10E013"
SIMLOCK STATE: "TAMPERED"
LOADER AID: 0001
hash not supported []

I provide some screenshots:
51sd9y.png

oum6mx.jpg

Please help me, I've browsed the whole web for a solution, other people had my problem, but noone reported a valid solution for me.

sreehari.vineeth

Sep 13, 2015
phoenix rom-- gmail app not working

after installing the PhoeniX v10 rom in my xperia p, i cant open the gmail app. When i try to open the app, it force closes all of a sudden. please suggest me a solution..

shouhu1993

Jan 5, 2015
i am using omni 5.1source. after enter command 'make otatools' and finished successfully,but there is no build/tools/device directory. anyone can help? sorry for my bad english

indian.wigwam

Jan 19, 2015
Hi there.
Any idea how to get into safe mode in cm11 (if there is one) with my Xperia go?
(Boot into system without loading third Party Apps)

Edit: Found it

Last edited:

stonf

Dec 21, 2015
Hello,
I have the exact same problem with my Xperia U
Does anyone know what to do?

Hello,
my Xperia GO don't recognize any SIM card after flashing Xperia_Go_ST27i_6.1.1.B.1.1.0_Sony.ftf by @teocomi .
I tried flashing any other possible fw version, hard reset, changing various SIM cards, but no luck.
I suspect TrimArea is messed up.
Everything works in the phone, except the network part, like if no sim card inserted.
At every reboot, phone tells me it will auto-power-off after 15mins, to avoid it I press "Cancel", then it prompts me to select language, then asks me to insert a SIM card.
S1tool reports:
Code:
RUNNING S1_BOOT VER "R10E013"
SIMLOCK STATE: "TAMPERED"
LOADER AID: 0001
hash not supported []

I provide some screenshots:
51sd9y.png

oum6mx.jpg

Please help me, I've browsed the whole web for a solution, other people had my problem, but noone reported a valid solution for me.

andreabs

Jan 5, 2016
Xperia u st25i

Hi, im having a problem cant install a custom rom no my xperia u st25i wend i try to install its says isnt st25i how can i fix this? pls help, if im in wrong section apologize new in here.

saadzafar1

Jan 13, 2016
Xperia P/U/Sola/Go Help Thread

Welcome to the novathor devices help thread! You can ask all questions here without the need of background knowledge. This thread is dedicated to solve users problems, so if you don't want to start a new thread for your question, ask it here. Members ready to help will be monitoring this thread and provide answers as soon as possible. To see a list of supporters, see here

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @. Also, if you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligable of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just shoot me a PM!

ROM developers: Please read this. Consider if you want to have a ROM specific help thread or not, if not, most likely questions about your ROM will be asked here if the users aren't eligable for posting in development section.

To all of you: Remember the Rules and the Forum Etiquette

Hello!

I am using Sony Xperia Go ST27i. I had a pattern lock on phone and my younger brother tried to unlock my phone. he draw the pattern 20 times wrong and now my phone is asking for security question and my account details. i forgot what was the answer of my security question and also my phone is not connected to the internet so I can't enter my account details untill its connect to internet. I am trying to Factory Reset my phone. I have tried to go into recovery mode but my phone only vibrates 3 times and nothing happens when i try to go in recovery mode. i have also tried flashing it with xperia flashtool by andryoxide. but error occured when i try to do that. it shows this error "the processing of loader.sin completed with errors" and then Flashing aborted. plz someone help me.

Thank you

kolheRk

Jan 24, 2016
Mumbai
Hi guys
Im having rooted Xperia U with ICS. I successfully installed Xposed Installer and framework too. Meanwhile some soft brick happened. And in that my Album not showing any pictures nor videos. Ringtone profile only silent is there now. Then systems walkman not getting open. No music. same with videos. And main thing camera. Camera is not available pop up comes whenever I start camera. 
Can I recover from this? I don't know anything about flashing ROM, fastboot or CWM recovery installation. Pls help me out.
Thanks in advance

Trandaa

Jul 1, 2014
Hi guys
Im having rooted Xperia U with ICS. I successfully installed Xposed Installer and framework too. Meanwhile some soft brick happened. And in that my Album not showing any pictures nor videos. Ringtone profile only silent is there now. Then systems walkman not getting open. No music. same with videos. And main thing camera. Camera is not available pop up comes whenever I start camera. 
Can I recover from this? I don't know anything about flashing ROM, fastboot or CWM recovery installation. Pls help me out.
Thanks in advance

If you got soft brick, that means you ended in bootloop. In this case you have just probably screw up something (probably with the framework). Try to reflash the firmware.

Trandaa

Jul 1, 2014
but how to do reflash firmware? can you say me in details? pls

Download flashtool, download your firmware using Xperifirm (included in flashtool), install necessary drivers (disable drivers signature if necessary). Meanwhile you should backup data for sure. Then using flashtool you can reflash your firmware...
Cheers

Reactions: kolheRk

shiba_ranjan

Feb 19, 2016
FTF flashing doesn't work

I have been using a custom cyanogen based ROM (kitkat). But I want to flash stock gingerbread rom. I have the ftf file for GB.
I am using the Flash tool and following necessary steps, but it doesn't complete the process. I am getting this error -

"" 19/018/2016 12:18:58 - INFO - Selected Bundle for Xperia U (ST25i). FW release : 2.3.7 Build 6.0.B.3.184. Customization : GENERIC_WORLD
19/018/2016 12:18:58 - INFO - Preparing files for flashing
19/019/2016 12:19:03 - INFO - Please connect your device into flashmode.
19/019/2016 12:19:04 - INFO - Opening device for R/W
19/019/2016 12:19:04 - INFO - Reading device information
19/019/2016 12:19:18 - INFO - Unable to read from phone after having opened it.
19/019/2016 12:19:18 - INFO - trying to continue anyway
19/019/2016 12:19:18 - INFO - Start Flashing
19/019/2016 12:19:18 - INFO - Processing loader.sin
19/019/2016 12:19:18 - INFO - Checking header
19/019/2016 12:19:22 - ERROR - Processing of loader.sin finished with errors.
19/019/2016 12:19:22 - INFO - Ending flash session
19/019/2016 12:19:22 - ERROR - Error in processHeader : 995 : The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
19/019/2016 12:19:22 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted
19/019/2016 12:19:22 - INFO - Device disconnected ""

Sorry for this, as I am an avg user.
Also I tried finding solution by searching the forums, couldn't find.
Pls help me,
Regards.

ZVONEPC

Jul 7, 2015
I have been using a custom cyanogen based ROM (kitkat). But I want to flash stock gingerbread rom. I have the ftf file for GB.
I am using the Flash tool and following necessary steps, but it doesn't complete the process. I am getting this error -

"" 19/018/2016 12:18:58 - INFO - Selected Bundle for Xperia U (ST25i). FW release : 2.3.7 Build 6.0.B.3.184. Customization : GENERIC_WORLD
19/018/2016 12:18:58 - INFO - Preparing files for flashing
19/019/2016 12:19:03 - INFO - Please connect your device into flashmode.
19/019/2016 12:19:04 - INFO - Opening device for R/W
19/019/2016 12:19:04 - INFO - Reading device information
19/019/2016 12:19:18 - INFO - Unable to read from phone after having opened it.
19/019/2016 12:19:18 - INFO - trying to continue anyway
19/019/2016 12:19:18 - INFO - Start Flashing
19/019/2016 12:19:18 - INFO - Processing loader.sin
19/019/2016 12:19:18 - INFO - Checking header
19/019/2016 12:19:22 - ERROR - Processing of loader.sin finished with errors.
19/019/2016 12:19:22 - INFO - Ending flash session
19/019/2016 12:19:22 - ERROR - Error in processHeader : 995 : The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
19/019/2016 12:19:22 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted
19/019/2016 12:19:22 - INFO - Device disconnected ""

Sorry for this, as I am an avg user.
Also I tried finding solution by searching the forums, couldn't find.
Pls help me,
Regards.

Try changing usb port and updating flashtool drivers. Driver installer is located in flashtool/drivers/ folder. That happened to me once with my Xperia V and I fixed it by changing USB port. Also try to install previous version of flashtool it may help believe me.

manfox

Dec 26, 2011
Makati
Help: When i try to use my Xperia U again it says on the Root Checker that "Sorry! Root access is not properly installedon the device"
Device: ST25i
Android Version: 4.0.4

Any suggestion how to fix this. More information about my Device below.

Build Number: 6.1.1.C.1.0
Kernel Ver: 3.0.5+ [email protected]#1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 15 14:57:07 2012

Cican49

Nov 22, 2012
Yogyakarta
Help

Hi mate, i've just bought a Xperia go, got it for a very decent price and it's almost in mint condition. Umm, here's what i'm gonna ask, is there a way to reseal back the phone again for more proper water resistant? Since i've bought it secondhand, i try to sank it into water for a few times and it was okay, but yesterday after one more drop into water, i've notice something. Used it for awhile then i put it on my pocket and the weather outside is pretty hot. After i reach my destination, this thing started to show up, and now i have a conclusion that my go is already leaked and got some fog in the sensor (proximity), and the camera. But the really annoying thing is the display right now. I really desperate since i only using it for a few days and now this happened. Is there a quick fix for it? Sorry for my english, they're not so good ehe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperia P/U/Sola/Go Help Thread

Welcome to the novathor devices help thread! You can ask all questions here without the need of background knowledge. This thread is dedicated to solve users problems, so if you don't want to start a new thread for your question, ask it here. Members ready to help will be monitoring this thread and provide answers as soon as possible. To see a list of supporters, see here

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @. Also, if you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligable of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just shoot me a PM!

ROM developers: Please read this. Consider if you want to have a ROM specific help thread or not, if not, most likely questions about your ROM will be asked here if the users aren't eligable for posting in development section.

To all of you: Remember the Rules and the Forum Etiquette
    [SIZE=+3]Frequently Asked Questions[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+2]Xperia P/U/Sola/Go[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]This a short list of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Q1: I get bootloop after installing a custom rom. What is the problem?[/SIZE]

A: Have you done everything correctly?
    -Firstly post your problem in the ROM thread as the devs there may help you better.
    -Check your mobile compatibility with the ROM
    -Check if you have installed the correct kernel for your ROM.
    -Check whether you have done the correct wipes as mentioned in the ROM thread.
    -Some ROMs require formatting system. So if it is mentioned in main ROM thread then you must do it.
    -Some releases may require stock rom first before flashing the custom rom. So flash the stock rom and then the custom rom over it.
    If nothing works just download the stock ROM for your mobile and flash it using flashtool. This may solve your problem.​

[SIZE=+1]Q2: Can you suggest me the best ROM or kernel or something like that for my smartphone cause i'm really lazy to do a bit of searching...?[/SIZE]

A: First go here and beware before asking these type of questions again otherwise you will end up with a bunch of people like me mocking you and nothing else.​

[SIZE=+1]Q3: I have rooted my phone successfully, now how can I install CWM (ClockWorkMod) Recovery?[/SIZE]

A: If you have locked bootloader you can simply go to this thread by atis112. And if your bootloader is unlocked you can simply flash a custom kernel with CWM or some other recovery present in it.​

[SIZE=+1]Q4: I have a problem with this ROM and what should I....[/SIZE]

A: It's a ROM specific question, better post it in the ROM thread. They will help you better.​

[SIZE=+1]Q5: My phone can't boot in fastboot mode. Please help me!
    [/SIZE]

A: Firstly check that fastboot is enabled on your mobile and the correct procedure to go to fastboot mode is by holding vol-up button and connecting to computer via USB.​

[SIZE=+1]Q6: WIFI is not working. What should I do?[/SIZE]

A: See if it is listed as a bug in the specific ROM thread. If not try custom kernels and if you can get correct WIFI modules flash them. If you're lucky WIFI will work.​

[SIZE=+1]Q7: How do I install custom rom/kernel on my mobile?[/SIZE]

A: Mihahn has worked really hard on making his guide not because he wants some people asking again and again the same questions instead of using a bit of the "SEARCH" feature.​

[SIZE=+1]Q8: What is the safest way to root my phone or unlock its bootloader?[/SIZE]

A: There no such thing as safest way. If you do everything correctly you will be successful. Just follow the instructions given in this great thread by dewanshu93.​

[SIZE=+1]Q9: I did something wrong and now my phone is bricked. Please help!! :crying:[/SIZE]

A: Try and follow this excellent guide by Toledo_JAB. Your phone most probably should work now. ;)

[SIZE=+1]Q10: How do I unlock my bootloader if it says Bootloader Unlock Allowed:No?[/SIZE]

A: No one has actually got a 100% working solution since it is because of your simlock, thus you may have to pay for it. You can try WotanServer or Omnius and if you're lucky it will be unlocked and fastboot might be enabled.​

[SIZE=+1]Q11: How does Thanks Meter affect my profile?[/SIZE]

A: Thanks Meter actually is not useful in becoming Recognized Contributor/Themer/Developer. It is actually the appreciation you get on you works. Thanks Meter has been made so that members of XDA stop posting just THANKS on threads and thread could be clean and helpful.​

[SIZE=+1]Q12: How to be a Recognized Contributor/Themer/Developer?[/SIZE]

A: Recognized Contributor is a role intended for members who produce some of the best original and helpful guides for users, as well as helping other users who have problems, in a friendly manner. Recognized Contributors will get a custom user title and the faster ad-free XDA template, as well as access to developer tools currently being created. Any Senior Moderator on XDA can add Recognized Contributors, should you feel deserving of this title.

Recognized Themers are those users who work (often tirelessly) on designing new theme graphics and user interface overhauls for ROMs. Users who aspire to be Recognized Themers should be creating original graphics work for their themes being released, demonstrate a commitment to crediting other users’ work when applicable, and seek the relevant permission in advance from the original creator. Recognized Themers will receive a custom user title and the faster ad-free XDA template, as well as access to developer tools currently being created. Any Senior Moderator on XDA can add Recognized Themers, should you feel deserving of this title.

Recognized Developer, as the name suggest are those who develop really good ROMs, kernels, etc. Anyone who is skillful and publishes his own creation other that just copying and pasting can be termed as recognized developer.

For more details and how to apply for these posts. See this.​

[SIZE=+1]Q13: What are Governors and I/O Schedulers, etc.?[/SIZE]

A: See this very good guide by zhanjia and anyone can know everything about them.Though this guide is for Xperia 2011 but it covers a great range :)

[SIZE=+1]Q14: Does ChainFire 3D support my phone?[/SIZE]

A: The simple answer is download and use it. But if you are on ICS/JB I would recommend you not to use it as it may most probably result in bootloop. ChainFire 3D is compatible only upto GB.​

[SIZE=+1]Q15: Can you tell me how does thanks meter increases with regard to number of thanks?[/SIZE]

A:
    No. of Thanks and meter:​

0-25
    0.jpg

26-50
    1.jpg

51-100
    2.jpg

101-200
    3.jpg

201-1000
    4.jpg

1001-2000
    6.jpg

2001-5000
    7.jpg

5001-8000
    8.jpg

8001-10000
    9.jpg

10001 onwards
    10.jpg

There is a bug with meter it doesn;t shows 5 bars. Anyways the thanks meter doesn't judge anyone or status of any member. It's the works, his contributions and help he does.​

[SIZE=+1]Q16: What are BB Codes and what BB Codes can I use in my thread?[/SIZE]

A: Mainly every kind of text formatting that we do in XDA thread is governed by BB codes. Here is the list of all the BB Codes we can use in XDA and explanation of each code.​

[SIZE=+1]Q17: Is there anyway to mount my sd-card using CWM recovery?[/SIZE]

A: Yes! Many versions of CWM support mounting sd-card through it. For that go to Mounts and Storage->Mount sd-card and you're done! But remember if you press back button then your sd-card will unmount instantly.​

[SIZE=+1]Q18: How do I add [SOLVED] tag to my thread/how do I change title of my thread?[/SIZE]

A: Just check here and similar way you can also change the title of your thread.​

[SIZE=+1]Q19: How do I back up my TA partition [/SIZE]

A:Use this awesome tool by DevShaft.​

[SIZE=+1]Q20: My device uses MIRCO SIM. How to convert an existing sim to micro sim?[/SIZE]

A: Here is template.
    YouTube video demo.​

[SIZE=+1]Q21: How do I reset my phone or turn off when it froze? Battery is not removable. So is there any other way?[/SIZE]

A:Yes you can reset your phone. There are 2 ways for that:
    1. If you want to restart - Hold Vol. Up+Power button for 5 seconds and as soon as you hear a vibration leave the buttons.
    2. If you want to turn off - Hold Vol. Up+Power button for 10 seconds and as soon as you hear 3 vibrations leave the buttons. :)

[SIZE=+1]Q22: My phone can't restore the backups I made from recoveries. Why?[/SIZE]

A: Well there could be various reasons for it. It may happen because you may have made them from some other recovery which makes backup in some other format and restoring it from another recovery which makes backup in another format(take TWRP and CWM for instance), so backups made in one recovery wouldn't be visible on other.
    Another reason could be that you have renamed your backups and they have spaces in them. Remove the spaces and voila! you would be able to restore now!​

[SIZE=+1]Q23: I'm facing various status errors in CWM. Can you please help me?[/SIZE]

A: Try this. :D

[SIZE=+1]Q24: How to install fastboot and other device drivers on windows 8?[/SIZE]

A: Try this great tutorial by garvitdelhi. :D

*​
    This FAQ is part of a Recognized Contributor Group Initiative. Please look for a similar FAQ thread when visiting another device forum.
    A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this FAQ
    I have cm11 source which was too heavy to download and i made a custom rom too .Now i want tobuild cm10.2 do i have to download cm10.2 source again or is their is some other way .PLZ help cuz source are too large to download with 512kbps network

Nope. You'll have to download it :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone, the OP of the thread has been shifted to me and I have updated the thread according to RC template. If you like to help here just place me a PM and I'll add your name to supporters list. Adding to supporters list doesn't means that you have helped a lot till now but you are willing to help people. And beware one you are on that list people will mention you.
    I would like all the RCs of the device forum to atleast have their name there. Also active participation of senior members and other members are equally important. :)

Cheers,
    AJ
    can someone help me put cause i accendentally freeze
    "com.sonyericsson.startupflagshipservice"
    in titanuim backup at my start up this !

when i defrost this system app
    it goes freeze again when i boot up
    and when turn off my phoen its not exactly what happen its just rebooting
    everytime it reboot
    i arrange my apps and manually set(evrytime) the apps that used to be running ay the start up of the phone
    pls help ??!!

In addition to Defrosting, try starting the app manually if possible. That might fix it. If that doesnt work either, Id suggest a Factory Reset :(

Hope it helps ;)

hi all
    yesterday i flashed Xperiance Lite v2.0 Rom in my XU and its a great Rom :)
    but i want to somethings like :
    Timescape Widgets For sony
    change the fonts
    how i can use theme
    i looked in the original thread but i didnt find helps
    plz Reply asap !!

thank u again :)

Hey mate, Glad you like it :p Before I answer your question, Just a suggestion, you might get more relevant info for Rom-related stuff if you ask in the Developer's since he as well as its users are the ones who will see your question :) I know that you couldnt do that due to Post count but just thought Id let you know ;) PS: feel free to PM me also if you got issues. Sometimes, I might miss individual replies in these threads :p

1) Timescape.. Few ppl used it,Hence I removed.. Ill make you a flashable zip to install it now ;)
    2) Select any font you like, go to /system/fonts with any root file manager and replace Roboto,DroidSans and their bold versions with your ttf file :) ie, delete them and rename copies of yours to Roboto,DroidSans.etc. Then set permissions 644 :)
    3) Go to Settings, Display and select Theme :)

I believe I answered the 1st two questions somewhere in thread but it might have been in PM, not sure lol Anyway, I hope that clarifies everything ;) If you run into any issue, let me know ;)

Cheers

And Bl4ckYellow, check this out