[FAQs][Q/A][Xperia P,U,Sola & Go]Help Thread, Newbies post here first

Search This thread
Help my softbricked (or hardbricked) Xperia P

Hello there! Can anybody help me? I just softbricked my Xperia P (LT22i). It runs (or ran) on Jellybean 6.2.A.0.400
I had flashed ThP_JB_kernel_v10.2 yesterday, which worked, and installed CWM (cwm-1.0.-nypon) which also worked. Sometimes it would be stuck in bootloop, but upon rebooting, it would most often boot successfully to Android.
But all of a sudden (well, yes, I kept playing around with backups and restores in CWM to get rid of the bootloop problem), it stopped booting to Android altogether, and soon after, I couldn't even access CWM anymore!
It's stuck on the kernel loading screen.
Now the only things that still work are power off, power on and connect in fastboot mode. I even could re-flash the kernel several times (tried ThP_JB_kernel_v11 and even Phantom-Stock-p-1.1.0B-PowerSaver kernel which is for 6.2.A.0.100), but no use - I still can't access recovery mode in any way.
The one strange thing I noticed is that the device suddenly changed its name that is shown in fastboot mode - before it was "((devicename))", now it's "((devicename))&ZLP". I wonder if that's what is causing the problem.

I actually don't care at all what system I will end up with or what I need to do to rescue my phone, I'll try anything!
I fear I don't have many tries left, since it doesn't seem to even load the battery when plugged in (just keeps showing the kernel splash screen), and I guess it doesn't load plugged in in fastboot mode either...

Dang !!!

Nov 29, 2015
Kottayam
Hey all, yes am a "FLASHAHOLIC", being that i bricked my devices(Samsung / Nexus )and revived also; Like that i yesterday revived my xperia p lt22i from soft brick. i needed help from guys, plz guide me how to 1. unlock boot loader (i have official unlock key)(of course status is YES), 2. flash recovery (i like twrp) (but link dead) and 3. to root.
i have scout almost all different post but didn't find about the current version am on world_6.2.A.1.100, but didn't find any support on this version. Please lend a hand...

naeembabakheil

Mar 25, 2013
Peshawar
Hey all, yes am a "FLASHAHOLIC", being that i bricked my devices(Samsung / Nexus )and revived also; Like that i yesterday revived my xperia p lt22i from soft brick. i needed help from guys, plz guide me how to 1. unlock boot loader (i have official unlock key)(of course status is YES), 2. flash recovery (i like twrp) (but link dead) and 3. to root.
i have scout almost all different post but didn't find about the current version am on world_6.2.A.1.100, but didn't find any support on this version. Please lend a hand...

Hi
in old days i also flash each rom on my XP , and modify custom roms ..but now it lying in drawer..

what you need TWRp ?for XP

Dang !!!

Nov 29, 2015
Kottayam
Hi
in old days i also flash each rom on my XP , and modify custom roms ..but now it lying in drawer..

what you need TWRp ?for XP

Ya, I needed twrp for Xperia P LT22i. But in another thread I got a reply that phantom kernel iş integrated in boot.img. If u can share it will be a help for me n others as links are dead. But right now I have weird issues.. I can't unlock bootloader, I tried official, flashtool, kingo ways all failed. Pc.companion can't retrieve phone info. Now I have a working phone condition. What should I do to unlock bootloader n root,partition(if not possible,it's ok),and flash custom rom. I have unlock code and Status is a YES in service menu.

naeembabakheil

Mar 25, 2013
Peshawar
Ya, I needed twrp for Xperia P LT22i. But in another thread I got a reply that phantom kernel iş integrated in boot.img. If u can share it will be a help for me n others as links are dead. But right now I have weird issues.. I can't unlock bootloader, I tried official, flashtool, kingo ways all failed. Pc.companion can't retrieve phone info. Now I have a working phone condition. What should I do to unlock bootloader n root,partition(if not possible,it's ok),and flash custom rom. I have unlock code and Status is a YES in service menu.

Hi !

here is link where you can unlock bootloader LInk,i didnt check whether it work or not becoz i am not using Xp now a days ..
For twrp i have nemesis Kernal :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperia P/U/Sola/Go Help Thread

Welcome to the novathor devices help thread! You can ask all questions here without the need of background knowledge. This thread is dedicated to solve users problems, so if you don't want to start a new thread for your question, ask it here. Members ready to help will be monitoring this thread and provide answers as soon as possible. To see a list of supporters, see here

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @. Also, if you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligable of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just shoot me a PM!

ROM developers: Please read this. Consider if you want to have a ROM specific help thread or not, if not, most likely questions about your ROM will be asked here if the users aren't eligable for posting in development section.

To all of you: Remember the Rules and the Forum Etiquette
    [SIZE=+3]Frequently Asked Questions[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+2]Xperia P/U/Sola/Go[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]This a short list of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Q1: I get bootloop after installing a custom rom. What is the problem?[/SIZE]

A: Have you done everything correctly?
    -Firstly post your problem in the ROM thread as the devs there may help you better.
    -Check your mobile compatibility with the ROM
    -Check if you have installed the correct kernel for your ROM.
    -Check whether you have done the correct wipes as mentioned in the ROM thread.
    -Some ROMs require formatting system. So if it is mentioned in main ROM thread then you must do it.
    -Some releases may require stock rom first before flashing the custom rom. So flash the stock rom and then the custom rom over it.
    If nothing works just download the stock ROM for your mobile and flash it using flashtool. This may solve your problem.​

[SIZE=+1]Q2: Can you suggest me the best ROM or kernel or something like that for my smartphone cause i'm really lazy to do a bit of searching...?[/SIZE]

A: First go here and beware before asking these type of questions again otherwise you will end up with a bunch of people like me mocking you and nothing else.​

[SIZE=+1]Q3: I have rooted my phone successfully, now how can I install CWM (ClockWorkMod) Recovery?[/SIZE]

A: If you have locked bootloader you can simply go to this thread by atis112. And if your bootloader is unlocked you can simply flash a custom kernel with CWM or some other recovery present in it.​

[SIZE=+1]Q4: I have a problem with this ROM and what should I....[/SIZE]

A: It's a ROM specific question, better post it in the ROM thread. They will help you better.​

[SIZE=+1]Q5: My phone can't boot in fastboot mode. Please help me!
    [/SIZE]

A: Firstly check that fastboot is enabled on your mobile and the correct procedure to go to fastboot mode is by holding vol-up button and connecting to computer via USB.​

[SIZE=+1]Q6: WIFI is not working. What should I do?[/SIZE]

A: See if it is listed as a bug in the specific ROM thread. If not try custom kernels and if you can get correct WIFI modules flash them. If you're lucky WIFI will work.​

[SIZE=+1]Q7: How do I install custom rom/kernel on my mobile?[/SIZE]

A: Mihahn has worked really hard on making his guide not because he wants some people asking again and again the same questions instead of using a bit of the "SEARCH" feature.​

[SIZE=+1]Q8: What is the safest way to root my phone or unlock its bootloader?[/SIZE]

A: There no such thing as safest way. If you do everything correctly you will be successful. Just follow the instructions given in this great thread by dewanshu93.​

[SIZE=+1]Q9: I did something wrong and now my phone is bricked. Please help!! :crying:[/SIZE]

A: Try and follow this excellent guide by Toledo_JAB. Your phone most probably should work now. ;)

[SIZE=+1]Q10: How do I unlock my bootloader if it says Bootloader Unlock Allowed:No?[/SIZE]

A: No one has actually got a 100% working solution since it is because of your simlock, thus you may have to pay for it. You can try WotanServer or Omnius and if you're lucky it will be unlocked and fastboot might be enabled.​

[SIZE=+1]Q11: How does Thanks Meter affect my profile?[/SIZE]

A: Thanks Meter actually is not useful in becoming Recognized Contributor/Themer/Developer. It is actually the appreciation you get on you works. Thanks Meter has been made so that members of XDA stop posting just THANKS on threads and thread could be clean and helpful.​

[SIZE=+1]Q12: How to be a Recognized Contributor/Themer/Developer?[/SIZE]

A: Recognized Contributor is a role intended for members who produce some of the best original and helpful guides for users, as well as helping other users who have problems, in a friendly manner. Recognized Contributors will get a custom user title and the faster ad-free XDA template, as well as access to developer tools currently being created. Any Senior Moderator on XDA can add Recognized Contributors, should you feel deserving of this title.

Recognized Themers are those users who work (often tirelessly) on designing new theme graphics and user interface overhauls for ROMs. Users who aspire to be Recognized Themers should be creating original graphics work for their themes being released, demonstrate a commitment to crediting other users’ work when applicable, and seek the relevant permission in advance from the original creator. Recognized Themers will receive a custom user title and the faster ad-free XDA template, as well as access to developer tools currently being created. Any Senior Moderator on XDA can add Recognized Themers, should you feel deserving of this title.

Recognized Developer, as the name suggest are those who develop really good ROMs, kernels, etc. Anyone who is skillful and publishes his own creation other that just copying and pasting can be termed as recognized developer.

For more details and how to apply for these posts. See this.​

[SIZE=+1]Q13: What are Governors and I/O Schedulers, etc.?[/SIZE]

A: See this very good guide by zhanjia and anyone can know everything about them.Though this guide is for Xperia 2011 but it covers a great range :)

[SIZE=+1]Q14: Does ChainFire 3D support my phone?[/SIZE]

A: The simple answer is download and use it. But if you are on ICS/JB I would recommend you not to use it as it may most probably result in bootloop. ChainFire 3D is compatible only upto GB.​

[SIZE=+1]Q15: Can you tell me how does thanks meter increases with regard to number of thanks?[/SIZE]

A:
    No. of Thanks and meter:​

0-25
    0.jpg

26-50
    1.jpg

51-100
    2.jpg

101-200
    3.jpg

201-1000
    4.jpg

1001-2000
    6.jpg

2001-5000
    7.jpg

5001-8000
    8.jpg

8001-10000
    9.jpg

10001 onwards
    10.jpg

There is a bug with meter it doesn;t shows 5 bars. Anyways the thanks meter doesn't judge anyone or status of any member. It's the works, his contributions and help he does.​

[SIZE=+1]Q16: What are BB Codes and what BB Codes can I use in my thread?[/SIZE]

A: Mainly every kind of text formatting that we do in XDA thread is governed by BB codes. Here is the list of all the BB Codes we can use in XDA and explanation of each code.​

[SIZE=+1]Q17: Is there anyway to mount my sd-card using CWM recovery?[/SIZE]

A: Yes! Many versions of CWM support mounting sd-card through it. For that go to Mounts and Storage->Mount sd-card and you're done! But remember if you press back button then your sd-card will unmount instantly.​

[SIZE=+1]Q18: How do I add [SOLVED] tag to my thread/how do I change title of my thread?[/SIZE]

A: Just check here and similar way you can also change the title of your thread.​

[SIZE=+1]Q19: How do I back up my TA partition [/SIZE]

A:Use this awesome tool by DevShaft.​

[SIZE=+1]Q20: My device uses MIRCO SIM. How to convert an existing sim to micro sim?[/SIZE]

A: Here is template.
    YouTube video demo.​

[SIZE=+1]Q21: How do I reset my phone or turn off when it froze? Battery is not removable. So is there any other way?[/SIZE]

A:Yes you can reset your phone. There are 2 ways for that:
    1. If you want to restart - Hold Vol. Up+Power button for 5 seconds and as soon as you hear a vibration leave the buttons.
    2. If you want to turn off - Hold Vol. Up+Power button for 10 seconds and as soon as you hear 3 vibrations leave the buttons. :)

[SIZE=+1]Q22: My phone can't restore the backups I made from recoveries. Why?[/SIZE]

A: Well there could be various reasons for it. It may happen because you may have made them from some other recovery which makes backup in some other format and restoring it from another recovery which makes backup in another format(take TWRP and CWM for instance), so backups made in one recovery wouldn't be visible on other.
    Another reason could be that you have renamed your backups and they have spaces in them. Remove the spaces and voila! you would be able to restore now!​

[SIZE=+1]Q23: I'm facing various status errors in CWM. Can you please help me?[/SIZE]

A: Try this. :D

[SIZE=+1]Q24: How to install fastboot and other device drivers on windows 8?[/SIZE]

A: Try this great tutorial by garvitdelhi. :D

*​
    This FAQ is part of a Recognized Contributor Group Initiative. Please look for a similar FAQ thread when visiting another device forum.
    A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this FAQ
    I have cm11 source which was too heavy to download and i made a custom rom too .Now i want tobuild cm10.2 do i have to download cm10.2 source again or is their is some other way .PLZ help cuz source are too large to download with 512kbps network

Nope. You'll have to download it :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone, the OP of the thread has been shifted to me and I have updated the thread according to RC template. If you like to help here just place me a PM and I'll add your name to supporters list. Adding to supporters list doesn't means that you have helped a lot till now but you are willing to help people. And beware one you are on that list people will mention you.
    I would like all the RCs of the device forum to atleast have their name there. Also active participation of senior members and other members are equally important. :)

Cheers,
    AJ
    can someone help me put cause i accendentally freeze
    "com.sonyericsson.startupflagshipservice"
    in titanuim backup at my start up this !

when i defrost this system app
    it goes freeze again when i boot up
    and when turn off my phoen its not exactly what happen its just rebooting
    everytime it reboot
    i arrange my apps and manually set(evrytime) the apps that used to be running ay the start up of the phone
    pls help ??!!

In addition to Defrosting, try starting the app manually if possible. That might fix it. If that doesnt work either, Id suggest a Factory Reset :(

Hope it helps ;)

hi all
    yesterday i flashed Xperiance Lite v2.0 Rom in my XU and its a great Rom :)
    but i want to somethings like :
    Timescape Widgets For sony
    change the fonts
    how i can use theme
    i looked in the original thread but i didnt find helps
    plz Reply asap !!

thank u again :)

Hey mate, Glad you like it :p Before I answer your question, Just a suggestion, you might get more relevant info for Rom-related stuff if you ask in the Developer's since he as well as its users are the ones who will see your question :) I know that you couldnt do that due to Post count but just thought Id let you know ;) PS: feel free to PM me also if you got issues. Sometimes, I might miss individual replies in these threads :p

1) Timescape.. Few ppl used it,Hence I removed.. Ill make you a flashable zip to install it now ;)
    2) Select any font you like, go to /system/fonts with any root file manager and replace Roboto,DroidSans and their bold versions with your ttf file :) ie, delete them and rename copies of yours to Roboto,DroidSans.etc. Then set permissions 644 :)
    3) Go to Settings, Display and select Theme :)

I believe I answered the 1st two questions somewhere in thread but it might have been in PM, not sure lol Anyway, I hope that clarifies everything ;) If you run into any issue, let me know ;)

Cheers

And Bl4ckYellow, check this out