FARIA-HTC WIZARD FINAL ROM WITH Pro Rom Kitchen...build the rom as you like!

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Feb 24, 2006
Jersey

DOWNLOAD ILUSTRATED TUTORIAL FROM ftp://xda:[email protected]/Uploads/WIZARD/ROMS/Faria%20WM6%20ROM%20Kitchen.pdf
TUTORIAL IS ALSO INCLUDED IN THE ROM KITCHEN.

ftp://xda:[email protected]/Wizard/Roms/faria-roms/2007-04-20_232918.jpg

DOWNLOAD ROM KITCHEN FROM HERE

You need netframework2 in your pc
The devwiz folder should be put in the root of the drive
Make sure explorer is set to view hidden and system files.
The rom is based in my realthing…..with the latest fixes and drivers.

How to create your rom;

In the devwiz folder there is CreateROM.bat this is the only app you will be using.
Launch CreateROM.bat this will bring up buildOS.exe .select the packages you want in you rom by ticking the boxes, or not, press the arrow to build you rom .WAIT till it says “done” at the bottom.

Close when finished.
Now the command promp window will do its thing,then it will launch nb2nbf_wizard.exe tick the OS box, now browse to the file; FLASH.nb0
put the correct addresses in the boxes ,press generate.

Close the app, now the upgrade utility will launch.
Flash you rom away!

To add the splash screen and htc logo included SEE THE tutorial.

How to create a rom package?
All the custom packages must go into the oem folder.
Create a new folder in the oem folder name it as your rom package, Open the folder and create a new text document call it “ package.rgu
Note-.rgu files can be edited with notepad.
Save as Unicode, open the package.rgu file and add the following;
REGEDIT4” ,make sure you leave a blank line after that entry. Now save it. Now you can add the reg keys required for you package if any. Also create a new file called initflashfiles.txt, save as Unicode, this is where you should put the shortcut entries and such if needed for the relevant package.
Use this format to add entries to initflashfiles.txt;

;==========================================================================
; START faria my app- MASD customization settings
Directory("\Windows\StartMenu\Programs"):-File("yourshorcut-name.lnk","\Windows\yourshorcut-name.lnk")

; END faria my app- MASD customization settings

Let say you package is total commander;
put all the files from total commander inside the package and add the required reg keys to the .rgu file and save it ,make sure there’s is always an empty line after the last reg key before saving.
Now we need to add the shortcut to programs, you can copy an existing shortcut from you device and put it inside the package, or make one.
To add the shortcut to programs we need to make an entry in the initflashes.
Create a new text file inside you package rename it to; initflashfiles.txt save it as Unicode.
Open the file and add the following entry.

How to make a shortcut?
Create a new text file, open and add the following; [#"\Windows\your-app-name.exe"]
Save the file with the name of the app like this; [your-app-name.lnk]
Shortcut done!

Save the file….that’s it you created your own package!

You can delete packages you don’t want from OEM only, the custom ones.do not delete x-faria settings package.

how to restore default extended rom?
replace the current entrys in the OEMOPERATORS package .rgu wit this ones;
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm]
"AutoRun"="\\Extended_ROM\\autorun.exe"
"AutoRunCFG"="\\Extended_ROM\\config.txt"
"AutoRunType"=dword:00000000
"TurnRadioFlag"=dword:00000000
then copy the contents of the OEMOPERATORS package to the extended rom minus the rgu and dsm files,edit the extended rom accordingly with the new requires settings.
the config text that goes now to the extended rom has to be modified as this;

Code:
SHOW:\Extended_ROM\WallPaper.bmp
LOCK:Enabled
CAB: \Extended_ROM\my-cab.cab
XML: \Extended_ROM\my-xml.xml 
LOCK:Disabled
RST: Reset

How to change the page pool?
Coming……

i will update as a can.....allot more to come.

credit AND a huge THANKS to BEPE [THE MATSERMIND] MAIMAICH AND DR.P...AND ALL THE BETA TESTERS

Last edited:

faria

Feb 24, 2006
Jersey
Rom version; 2.18.0.0
Build aku 15341 aku.4.0.0.01 WWE
Ipl version ----
Spl version -----
Radio version recommended 2.19
Extended ROM version Faria v5
Htc logo mfrazzzh
Splash screen mfrazzzh
Page-pool- 6mb

YOU MUST HAVE A BOOTLOADE VERSION 2XXX OR ABOVE...(IPL/SPL 2.xx). also your device must be CID unlocked to avoid upgrading problems.
ROM changes
bluethoOth ftp[ NEW] FULLY WORKING
Sim card manager v 5.30 NEW
windows live 10.6.0026.1400 NEW ,THIS IS NOT BETA
PRESS and hold com manager button will toggle between vibrate and sound NEW
fixed rouge reg keys
fixed gprs workaround
Power management tweaked
voip integrated [follow this to make it work; http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299950
9 BUTTONS added to the com manager.
dtmf support
Default welcome restored
Added drm support [not tested]
New HTC Phone pad T9 with 16 languages
Extended_rom has been moved to windows. [for g4 support]
ussd service
Windows live/voice command –updated
Zip build; 1.11 25438
latest adobe reader LE
GIF PLAYER
default today restored
dotfred PIMBAKCUP -in control panel settings...if you dont want it just delete the shorcut....
dotfred TASK MANAGER
Catalogue has been removed and SQL SERVER MOBILE. Why? Because there was no space left in the rom.
BT SIM ACCESS PROFILE.
Camera 3.3 fully working
Media files support added plus new gif engine
New com manager -With option to turn IR on/of!!!
All wireless’ security profiles support added
HTC X [press and old to close activated]
MMs arc-soft 3.5.1.22.c
Java v11.1.7.1023
New Sim services app [stk]

Replaced BT stereo profile with 3.3
Streaming media 2.10
Registry mods;
4 ways navigation added
File explorer set to view all files
AD2P set to DEFAULT
Different gprs icon
Wireless today plug in and redirect app
Mms folder activated
Disabled Microsoft feedback
Time zones change page activated
Disabled error reporting
Cab set to not delete after install
Time zone page on and checked
GPS icon on
Clear type on, landscape and internet explorer
Obex on
GPS com port fix
One line time in today [not lvm]
Time in all pages
Wireless 54g support added
Wireless preload status on upon boot.

NEW WIZARD BUILD WILL BE RELEASED SOON....

Last edited:

faria

Feb 24, 2006
Jersey
it seems that there is a problem with the wifi....i will invistigate more tomorow....meawhile delete the folowing reg keys from the .rgu file in the faria settings package;

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\WrlsMgr]
"Redirect"="ComManager.exe"
"Hide"=dword:00000001
"Group"=dword:00000002

b.mann

Mar 1, 2007
Lawton, OK
ok thnx.....
but now im stuck in bootloader :(

i keep on getting error code 300
and i guess im using version 2.5.2

FIXED!

wizard works, re-flashed to T-MO ROM then Xplore1.1

i need to re-read that tutorial now

Last edited:

edhaas

Feb 19, 2006
New York City
www.edwardhaas.com
Got it running...

Thanks again Faria,
Downloaded the kitchen, unzipped it to root. Was able to follow the directions ok. For those of you who try it, the package pretty much forces you all the way through to flash, so be ready! If you get confused about the flash screen and logo screen part you don't have to do that (I couldn't find the tutorial mentioned in the directions.), just do the os part. Tick in the box, browse to the file. Then go to the drop down on the right and select OS again. Then click in the file start address field and it will fill itself in for you. Then hit the Translate button, and away you go!
I just left everything on its defaults in terms of picking packages. The result is a nice plain jane vanilla WM6 rom, ready for loading with your favorite programs. I got 43 meg free storage memory, and 27 meg free program memory. There are none of the cool Faria stuff preinstalled except x-button, task manager, bluetooth explorer, adobe reader, pim backup, voice command.

I haven't had a chance to check everything out. But likely everything will be fine.

Question for Faria: How much "slack" is left in ROM for our own packages in the default setup?

Thanks again for all you've done Faria, I look forward to tinkering with this, until the next version of "Real Thing" comes!

Regards,

Last edited:
N

nothin

it seems to be strange wifi and IR problem....with default built ROM ...

so far:
its fast
its nice
it contains interesting soft and enhancements binded into system - as bluetooth explorer nicely integrated into sys...
potential for FUN....

but i cant turn wifi off :)...
and IR beam too...

cant untick.

wireless menu is not working
IR, wifi buttons are dead,,,

"turn off" in wifi bubble is not working too it says turn wifi on, when its on,....

released little too fast?
BASIS cant have such bugs...

Last edited:

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
it seems to be strange wifi and IR problem....with default built ROM ...

so far:
its fast
its nice
it contains interesting soft and enhancements binded into system - as bluetooth explorer nicely integrated into sys...
potential for FUN....

but i cant turn wifi off :)...
and IR beam too...

cant untick.

wireless menu is not working
IR, wifi buttons are dead,,,

"turn off" in wifi bubble is not working too it says turn wifi on, when its on,....

released little too fast?
BASIS cant have such bugs...
I noticed the same behaviour with the WiFi bubble in the last Faria Vanilla, I assume this is the same issue?

Andy

N

nothin

I noticed the same behaviour with the WiFi bubble in the last Faria Vanilla, I assume this is the same issue?

Andy
didnt test that one.. but i am sure, we must wait for Faria's response...
I hope, that fix will be easy, because release seems to be good basis for makin new, great ROMS...but it should be tested...first.
Tool and contents.

only thing i know now, that reinstalling commgr didnt help. i did not test 9 button versions,though...only 10.

deletion of posted reg did not help.

Last edited:

faria

Feb 24, 2006
Jersey
as i said before i will look at it.....maybe tonite....

the tutorial should be in the dev folder...
ans no i was not released 2 fast.....i just happen to have a wizard with a dead wifi radio....has any one tried the fix above?

N

nothin

as i said before i will look at it.....maybe tonite....

the tutorial should be in the dev folder...
ans no i was not released 2 fast.....i just happen to have a wizard with a dead wifi radio....has any one tried the fix above?
fix did not work. i mean there were troubles with turnin wifi on, then, when i used other method to do so, i couldnt turn wifi and ir off... programms are trying to turn them ON, still.

btw, impressive low nrg drain, i must say, 192 kbps mp3 takes 15% of CPU on 92 mA. using 40thiplay. backlight in half way. Fantastic.

sry for LQ english...

Last edited:

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
The 10 button comm manager cab has a bad key. You'll need to delete the WLAN key and everything should work okay. You can leave the keys faria spoke of earlier, as they simply change the "turn wifi on" in the comm bubble to "wireless manager". Works like a champ.

faria

Feb 24, 2006
Jersey
a think i found the com manager problem....i use the hermes settings by mistake....in other words i put the wrong package there! duh...

N

nothin

:)

only one question, to be sure: why theres only 27 mb mem free? it seems to be cleaner, than other ones..
k, need to get some sleep, i waited for this package whole night:)

Last edited:

faria

Feb 24, 2006
Jersey
Thanks again Faria,
Downloaded the kitchen, unzipped it to root. Was able to follow the directions ok. For those of you who try it, the package pretty much forces you all the way through to flash, so be ready! If you get confused about the flash screen and logo screen part you don't have to do that (I couldn't find the tutorial mentioned in the directions.), just do the os part. Tick in the box, browse to the file. Then go to the drop down on the right and select OS again. Then click in the file start address field and it will fill itself in for you. Then hit the Translate button, and away you go!
I just left everything on its defaults in terms of picking packages. The result is a nice plain jane vanilla WM6 rom, ready for loading with your favorite programs. I got 43 meg free storage memory, and 27 meg free program memory. There are none of the cool Faria stuff preinstalled except x-button, task manager, bluetooth explorer, adobe reader, pim backup, voice command.

I haven't had a chance to check everything out. But likely everything will be fine. (Update, hold off for now, the WiFi indeed isn't working right now.)

Question for Faria: How much "slack" is left in ROM for our own packages in the default setup?

Thanks again for all you've done Faria, I look forward to tinkering with this, until the next version of "Real Thing" comes!

Regards,
defaut setup....is about 6-8 mb....of course you can delete more stuff from the rom....for instances if you remove voice comand it will give you 4-5mb more.

please note ...if you overfill the rom the imgfs tools will give an error when building the rom.

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone