Faria-R32 / Dr Puttingham WM6.1 HERMES ROM-CUSTOM+CLEAN

Search This thread

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
THIS ROM IS AN UPDATED VERSION FROM THIS ONE
This rom is a Faria / Dr Puttingham WM6.1 Collaboration .
CE OS 19199.1.0.0 wwe
Default time zone; UK 6mb page pool big storage, no extended rom.
UC compliant

(To avoid possible Hard Resets we suggest following DR P's advice in Post #6!!!! )

Rom is geared for high performance and stability.
In order to reinstall my black theme u need to remove it first from add and remove programs.Recommended that your device be supercid….or use the sspl option.

voip
Windows live 10.6.0033.0800

Touch media player skin
Flash 7
Flash player- not adobe
ArcSoft_MMS_4_2_8_1
Elf calculator skin
Htc TaskManager_2_0_31249_1
Internet sharing
Htc large start menu
JbedJava_3_10_0_20071119_3_1
HTCHome_2_1_1005722_s0

Netcf 3.5
3g dialer
mms
bt ftp
Bluetooth Sim contacts
Modem link
Bt dun
Remote desktop
bt quicklink
htc network plug-in
added several more carriers certificates
microsoft office
intenetsharing
zip support [microsoft office]
Sms service
GroupSMS
SchapsTools
Context menu for explorer
Registry editor. With reg association
Start-up manager
Adobe reader Le
Syncro time
Pocket rar
Dotfred task manager
Dotfred pimbackup
Mobile secretary
6 button com-manager [by schaps ]
Small 3g icon— my own
Clear type on-and my own clear type font
Bypassed welcome
ati fix
sdhc compliant –tested up 8 gigs
com vibrate
Black keyboard
printing support for PIM ,email ,pictures plus docs
In the tray icon;
Reset app cab be remove by launching phm_traylnch.exe from windows.
Bt icon –can be removed by deleting it from start-up

Reg stuff;
Connection bubble turns on/of commanager
Clear type enabled
Show tomorrow appointments today
Gprs timer ads disconnect
Camera delay fix
Fix for certain java enabled web pages
All phone options enabled
Obex enabled

Changes in FARIA-R32
changelog;
Sys has been rebuild from the ground up ,now 70% of the rom is a real Hermes wm6.1 .yes there is such rom.
Phone stack updated
power and battery drivers update
3g dialler replaced due to bug in previous one...smartdialing and graphics from the Kaiser
Faria small 3g icon updated to support title bar battery
INFRARED IS working![ Broken in most wm6.1 builds] but beam cpl in connections does not work...believe me i tried.

Htc animation finally working...had to patch some drivers
Sms treading enable/disable option now...can be set in advanceconfig in settings
Sms delivery notification on
Bluetooth is now on by default a first boot, this enables your device to auto connect to your [headset profile only] once it has been pared .no it will not suck your battery dry.
Added audio manager by request....also mapped in htc home
updated htc home graphics
updated group sms
updated 3g button to internetsharing in com manager.....u can revert back by changing its setting in advance config
Fixed BT.tray bug.
Added htc album.
Added clear type in landscape mode ,thanks dr.P
Added LVM today time plug –in with time server support. can be configured from today settings
Added speakerphone with usb support- can be configured from settings
Added SMS Delivery fix app
Added WM5torage
Added htc phonepad T9
Removed timesynk
Added nokia remixed ring tone
Added nokia sms tone
Removed voice command due to forum rules
Removed auto update
Removed WMWifirouter...it has become commercial

ROM SHOULD work faster and smother now....i hope... ehehe.

FOR THOSE WONDERING why the rom is called FARIA-R32 its because it was supposed to be released on 02-03.1976.ehehe last sunday... litle puzzle!

AFTER the welcome screen the extended rom will launch give it 1 minute as this is a background procees it will rebbot itself.

GUIDE IN HOW TO UPDATE TO WM6

DOWNLOAD LINK
mirror

Many thanks and credit to all the the XDA developers for their invaluable apps…
SPECIALLY… Dr. P.[for being my wing man and the best tester a ever known],Olipro- ,Tadizio,and BEPE for all his tools…without you this would not be possible!
many thanks to RANDOMIZE FOR HIS RESEARCH AND HELP.

Last edited by a moderator:

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
AS PROMISED...

clean Version Info;
storage; 72.44
ram; 28.46 6mbpp

boot time 31 seconds with startup animation enabled
26 seconds with startup animation desabled

please see the above post ,the pink references ARE the only apps in the clean rom.
change log;
optimized auto setup
can any one please check if the gprs [G] appears in this rom please? as i made some changes.

To avoid possible Hard Resets we suggest following DR P's advice in Post #6!!!! )

please do not ask for cabs as i dont have the time to pack them...in my opinion if you want a clean rom then you should have all your apps ready. thanks
DOWNLOAD
mirror

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Puttingham

Retired Moderator
Jul 24, 2005
Delray Beach, FL
My method to resolve the Hard Reset issue with BigStorage ROM's...

Download and run the official AT&T 3.52 ROM (I tried the officila Dopod ROM that contained my required 1.47 radio but I still HR'ed with two different ROM's)
(note: Place the PDA into bootloader mode by holding OK & Power Buttons while soft reseting with your stylus first)

Flash Olipro's HardSPL7

Find your preferred Radio and flash. I have the best luck with 1.47.30.10 myself here in South Florida. 1.54 on WM6.1's takes FOREVER to aquire a signal, and battery life is great (at least with the 6 or so Faria Clean WM6.1's Im supporting personally)

Then flash your WM6.1.

Yes this IS a real PIA but it's worth it to me not to have a HR, especially when I'm on the phone! :mad:

Since I've been doing it THIS way I've yet to have a Hard Reset., YMMV of course :D

Last edited:

JudgeDredd67

Dec 24, 2006
Here, always here
I have been waiting for this. Was going to flash with the last build but then hints of this one was released so I waited.

Thanks to Faria for the ROM and Dr. P. for the support.
JD

compumad

Aug 9, 2005
Lisbon
Faria, Great Rom , i love it . The only thing i miss is the Dialpad, i really liked the old one.
I stopped using the upload utility, i have Windows vista and i allways use the Micro Sd Card Rom Update method.

ricrellim

Aug 2, 2007
oops. I updated to spl-2.60 OLIpro before I flashed. During the flash I recieved an error and now........ The tri-color screen and it will not connect to activesync.

Last edited:

mattk_r

Feb 9, 2007
WA
After a few minutes of playing I like the speed - noticable improvements over 6.0.

One point to mention is a bunch of extra "stuff" in the Office Mobile folder under Start Menu. Not sure if this is by design, but it was a suprise to see them in there. In particular: Contacts, Calendar, Adobe Reader LE, and a link to My Documents. I can see where grouping these may be for ease of use, but I just wanted to point it out.

The other is how button 5 is mapped for "quick". It currently has a "\" and errors when pushed. I presume this is so and the user needs to install their target program or remap accordingly?

Otherwise, a very nice build. Even PIM Backup runs very fast - a good benchmark for me to tell if it's a good one :)