Fascinate Sticky Roll-Up Thread **Check this thread BEFORE posting**

Search This thread

Captainkrtek

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 16, 2010
Seattle
Thinking of posting a new thread? Check these MasterReference Threads first.

HOW TO:Root, Install Clockwork, Remove Bloatware, and more*updated 12/3/10*

HOW TO: Flash Voodoo Kernels and more... <LOOK HERE FIRST

[How to] Completely Remove Voodoo Lagfix

Odin Restore files to get you to stock

ROOT, Recovery and Update < LOOK here FIRST

This thread will list and link to all threads worthy of being "stickied", it will be the only sticky in the forum (bar one) so please dont ask.

Please leave your suggestions for new threads [with the thread link please] to be added to this list below and a moderator will attend to this as and when necessary.

This thread will be cleaned once the suggestions have been added, so please dont be offended if your post disappears.

Read and search before posting a new thread - redundant threads will be closed.
Reply to existing threads before starting a new thread - redundant threads will be closed.

Forum Searching | Posting | The Basics: (Make sure you've read them before starting a new thread)

Last edited by a moderator:

alwaysthere

Jun 10, 2010
Portland, OR
Since this is a sticky and is the first thing most visitors will see when they go looking for instructions PLEASE be sure to define all terms or link to a good description or or instructions. I know some of them since my old phone is a G1 running CM 6.0 but there are some new terms here and I am having to hunt down definitions before I can start to root my new Verizon Fascinate and install roms.

Example:
What is root? (hopefully people know this one but it can't hurt)
What is Clockwork? (I used to use this on my G1)
What is Voodoo?
What is Lagfix?
What is Odin?
What is D101?
What is DJ05?
What is TELUS?

fupamobile

Mar 10, 2010
Since this is a sticky and is the first thing most visitors will see when they go looking for instructions PLEASE be sure to define all terms or link to a good description or or instructions. I know some of them since my old phone is a G1 running CM 6.0 but there are some new terms here and I am having to hunt down definitions before I can start to root my new Verizon Fascinate and install roms.

Example:
What is root? (hopefully people know this one but it can't hurt)
What is Clockwork? (I used to use this on my G1)
What is Voodoo?
What is Lagfix?
What is Odin?
What is D101?
What is DJ05?
What is TELUS?

uuhhh this please

Kevin Gossett

Oct 14, 2010
North Texas

DI01 was the first maintence release update for the Fascinate. If you are stock, this is most likely what you are running.

DJ05 was a leaked maintenance release that was never actually released, but fixed many bugs, including the GPS for most

DL09 is the current maintenance release that was leaked, but should be rolling out OTA soon. By most accounts, there isn't much difference between this and the previous leak.

TELUS is a Canadian service provider which also has a Samsung Galaxy S device named the Fascinate, but TELUS is a GSM carrier. Ideally, TELUS should have named their device after the Vibrant, as it is closer in hardware to that variant.

djblu

Aug 5, 2005
Portland, Oregon
If there is no effort being made to keep this infomation up to date then this really doesnt need to be stickied as its relevance has ceased importance other than confuse people with outdated information

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

djblu

Aug 5, 2005
Portland, Oregon
Instead of making a negative post, why didn't you just add to the thread with updates etc.

It's not a negative, it's relevant. I'm not going to further compound an already confusing situation. If it's stickied, it's the responsibility of whoever started it to maintain that thread. There's no reason to sticky a thread that is out of date or no longer valid. The updates should be made to the OP and replace the outdated information.

... but thanks for your opinion, I'll take that into consideration.

Reactions: bradxray

InsightGoalie

Dec 27, 2008
Rockford, IL
A friend just bought a Fascinate and I'm having a hell of a time finding up to date info. Everything I seem to find leads back to the same link this leads to for rooting. The post for one click root that apparently is too old. Is there a new method to gain root on this phone?

myi500

Oct 2, 2010
Jacksonville
Can anyone tell me how I can make a backup of my OS either turn it into a MD5 or zip file?

I mean like the ones that are used to return to stock or upgrade to a newer version.

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts