• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

fastboot boot twrp.img [but stuck on splash screen]

Search This thread

CyberSinister

Jan 31, 2019
Hey guys!

It's been a while since I've used my Mi A1. I turned it back on after a very long time and it was stuck on the android screen as if there was nothing to boot into so I tried booting into my recovery but there was nothing there either. I figured I probably formatted some stuff a while ago but I don't really remember what happened. Anyways, here's what I did next:

I could only boot into fastboot so I ran the command
Code:
fastboot boot path/to/tissot/twrp.img
but that didn't work.

So I flash the img to boot and tried rebooting to recovery but I was stuck on the android logo and again. I then again had to wait for my battery to run out before I could do anything else (I couldn't enter fastboot again. Only works when the phone is off for some reason)

I then erased the system partition using fastboot and tried booting into the recovery again but no luck. Can someone help me?

I know I messed up... big time. Someone save me

EDIT: Some more details
I tried two recoveries. The Pitch Black on XDA and also the standard "twrp-3.3.1-0-tissot.img" but had the same issue of getting stuck at the splash screen for both.

Also, I remember using Android 10 before all this happened.

EDIT 2: I ran the following commands:
Code:
fastboot set_active a
Code:
fastboot flash boot path/to/tissot/twrp.img
And I can now use the button combination to boot into recovery but I still get stuck on the splash screen

Last edited:

xiaomiA1

Sep 25, 2021
Hi,
have you fixed it? I face the same/similar issue, that I stuck at twrp splash screen after booting in twrp with fastboot
Code:
fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2_9-0-tissot.img
I have erased/formatted everything (userdata, cache, boot) and also tried to reflash the original rom with mi flash tool, but without success.
Any ideas?

MIN313

Feb 28, 2018
Islamabad
Xiaomi Mi A1
@MIN313 Thanks for your response.
I tried to flash the official rom with the flash tool ( see here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mi-a1-flash-sec-error.4139573/#_=_ ) .
Does MiFlash recognize your phone? If not, try instaling ADB drivers nd disable driver enforcment,
To kick device out of diagnostic mode and into QDLoader you will need either:
1) A "deep flash" cable
2) Take the phone apart and bridge test points
There are guides online for both, you can Google. You can make deep flash cable yourself fairly easily with a spare USB cable. Testpoint location is found easily via Google and can be bridged with tweezers or small flat-head screw driver.

MIN313

Feb 28, 2018
Islamabad
Xiaomi Mi A1
Does MiFlash recognize your phone? If not, try instaling ADB drivers nd disable driver enforcment,
To kick device out of diagnostic mode and into QDLoader you will need either:
1) A "deep flash" cable
2) Take the phone apart and bridge test points
There are guides online for both, you can Google. You can make deep flash cable yourself fairly easily with a spare USB cable. Testpoint location is found easily via Google and can be bridged with tweezers or small flat-head screw driver.
If Phone Showing Charging Only and Can't Even Transfer Data , Not Detected on Pc then will have to do EDL flash

xiaomiA1

Sep 25, 2021
My phone is recognized by MiFlash when I enter the fastboot mode
It is also shown with
Code:
fastboot devices
and I can boot into TWRP, but it stucks in splash screen of twrp.
Code:
 fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2_9-0-tissot.img
I also tried older versions of twrp for tissot.