• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Fastboot Failed (data transfer failure(unknown error)

Search This thread

Egalito Rieans

Jun 22, 2021
Hello and thanks for inteterest to help. (My phone Redmi 2 Prime)

So to the point, i have my phone installed custom ROM. And today when i try to reset factory, it stuck in the MI Logo (Show and then turned off). So i forgot to flashing the twrp again last time, so i left it without any recovery. The only way is repairing it with Fastboot and installing TWRP. So i start installing all driver and flashing. But, when i want to flash twrp to my phone, it keep showing me this

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
flashing 'recovery.img'
FAILED (Data Transfer Failure(unknown error)

DONE! 5.8 sec

But it doesnt installing any recovery. I have installing MiFlash driver. Is there any driver that i should install again? Or anything that i can do? Also my PC doesnt read my phone storage at all, it doesnt show in the explorer, but can read "my phone" and my phone model. And I'm using USB 2.0. I also have try USB 3.0 but it doesnt work too.

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the long post, eh?

Egalito Rieans

Jun 22, 2021
Try to temporarily boot into recovery by this command

"fastboot boot recovery.img"

(If it boots to recovery then you can flash any zip)
Thank you for replying
So i've try it, but why its stuck at 'downloading boot.img' for 2 hours?

Can i download the boot.img manually? If yes, what should i download?

dabakale

Feb 13, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi 2
Realme 5 Pro
Can you share a photo of error.

Or you can try miflash to flash stock rom. Then you try to flash twrp. I suspect there would be something wrong with your recovery partition.(i also had similar problem while flashing different roms.)

Egalito Rieans

Jun 22, 2021
Ok, so when i flash stock rom on miflash, at average 70%, it show me "fastboot.exe has stopped working" and show me error 0x80004005('Error flash system.img')

Why, godness? Is it because my laptop is only having 2GB Ram? :(

Or is there any ways to flash TWRP with fastboot without UBL?

Last edited:

dabakale

Feb 13, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi 2
Realme 5 Pro
Ok, so when i flash stock rom on miflash, at average 70%, it show me "fastboot.exe has stopped working" and show me error 0x80004005('Error flash system.img')

Why, godness? Is it because my laptop is only having 2GB Ram? :(

Or is there any ways to flash TWRP with fastboot without UBL?
Try this method 👇