[Fastboot][Guide] Activate Band 12 with VoLTE

Search This thread

mhg

Mar 14, 2008
Hi. I'm trying to get VoLTE using band 4 on my 6P. Can anyone give me a hand? Cheers!

shivam2611

May 24, 2018
Does this work for JIO sim in India?

Hello, I did all the steps correctly and booted my phone but I am not able to use VoLTE on JIO sim in India.
Can anyone help me with that?
Thank you for the help :).

Oct 21, 2018
Disclaimer - I am not responsible for anything you do. This is for informational uses only. I am not responsible for what you decide to do with your phone.

With that out of the way let's talk about what we have here. Currently, the Nexus 6P does not have band 12 activated. Well, that's what we were told. The initial OTA received disabled the band but Google did not remove the factory image for whatever reason. With that being said, here is a quick write up of the steps you need to take and the prerequisites to doing this.

The prerequisites are
1. Unlocked bootloader
2. Fastboot enabled

The steps are simple
1. Download this radio https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347853575
2. Reboot your 6P into bootloader mode.
3. Open up command prompt or terminal.
4. Use cd to go to the directory where the radio downloaded
5. Type is "fastboot flash radio radio-angler-angler-01.29.img"
6. Type "fastboot reboot"
7. Profit.

This will allow you to access band 12 lte. This also will give you VoLTE over band 12. This is good news as it gives you calls over lte for 911 calls. That being said there is a reason Google disabled this so keep that in mind.

This information is based off of a thread I was following that I am unable to find. This is not my discovery. This a centralized location for information.

Good morning Sir/Madam.

Please forgive me if this question is pathetic. Please not that I'm a junior member and new to XDA. But this thing is occupying my head since I read this post. The radio image mentioned is of an "angler-01.29" but I'm running on "angler-03.87". Will this even work for me ???

Thanks for all the replies in advance.

Good morning Sir/Madam.

Please forgive me if this question is pathetic. Please not that I'm a junior member and new to XDA. But this thing is occupying my head since I read this post. The radio image mentioned is of an "angler-01.29" but I'm running on "angler-03.87". Will this even work for me ???

Thanks for all the replies in advance.

The post is over 3 years old. Im pretty sure this is beyond outdated at this point.

Welldread

Mar 11, 2019
Howto Flash modem without ADB or Fastboot

I have Nexus 6P that has no data connection on the USB C port. This device is unrecognized in Windows, MacOS, or Linux. This means I essentially cannot use adb or fastboot to flash modem or recovery img files.
I can at least transfer files to/from this device using apps like Airdroid, etc. but I need to be able to sideload, flash, upgrade, etc. using TWRP and files stored on the device itself. What options to I have specifically to get this version of the modem firmware that enables VoLTE on Band 12 onto my phone?

After having my Nexus 6p in a drawer a little over a year I pulled it out and put a Tmobile SIM in it only to find a crippled band 12 enabled. I get 5 bars of signal strength but zero connectivity - I can't even make calls or text! Now there are also issues with this phone staying connected to band 2 or 4 in my area and after like 30 seconds the phone will auto fall back to band 12 so I pretty much have wifi only device right now. Please help me! :)

This Nexus 6p is unlocked and rooted with SuperSU.
Recovery is TWRP v3.0.2-2
Currently loaded with the following firmware / ROM
Angler
Android v6.0.1
Build number MMB29M
Baseband version .2.6.1.c4-00008-M8994FAAAANAZM-1
Kernel version 3.10.73-g9741316

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer - I am not responsible for anything you do. This is for informational uses only. I am not responsible for what you decide to do with your phone.

With that out of the way let's talk about what we have here. Currently, the Nexus 6P does not have band 12 activated. Well, that's what we were told. The initial OTA received disabled the band but Google did not remove the factory image for whatever reason. With that being said, here is a quick write up of the steps you need to take and the prerequisites to doing this.

The prerequisites are
    1. Unlocked bootloader
    2. Fastboot enabled

The steps are simple
    1. Download this radio https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347853575
    2. Reboot your 6P into bootloader mode.
    3. Open up command prompt or terminal.
    4. Use cd to go to the directory where the radio downloaded
    5. Type is "fastboot flash radio radio-angler-angler-01.29.img"
    6. Type "fastboot reboot"
    7. Profit.

This will allow you to access band 12 lte. This also will give you VoLTE over band 12. This is good news as it gives you calls over lte for 911 calls. That being said there is a reason Google disabled this so keep that in mind.

This information is based off of a thread I was following that I am unable to find. This is not my discovery. This a centralized location for information.
    can you please fix this for band 5 volte.. coz in India Reliance jio uses band 5 for volte. Thank you........
    I searched online and haven't seen any confirmation of this. How do you know it is enabled in this update?
    0f503e521bf6732abaa225e60529b9fc.jpg
    97f60d70c60ad87e6ffe941657c942e6.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Added to Nexus 6P index thread:

[INDEX] Huawei Nexus 6P
    If someone could make a flashable zip, that would make this 100x easier.

That's funny, if you're flashing it thru recovery that means you already used the exact same procedure to flash recovery...