• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[FASTBOOT] [jasmine] Xiaomi Mi A2 FASTBOOT Images

Search This thread

LUCY YISRAEL

Oct 7, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2
sorry guys, trying to flashing stock rom with mi flash tools and relock bootloader but it says me that critical partition flashing is not allowed, what i have to do ?
Not aloved Persist.img flashing to Persist then flash it in to System,
I did it, but also asked to do Factory reset and it wipe all and when it not help then USE PBRP recovery ibstal as boot and PC can see Mi A2 and if you have this firmware files FOLDER "images" then copy it to phone TWRP new folder ALSO COPY FROM PBRP recovery.zip folder "Tools" it help to get root and can again to fastboot and install TWRP v.3.2.3 jasmine.img (NOT 3.5.2)
AND FLASH ALL images to their directories and which of them DO NOT LIKE IT, flash them in to "System images"
I install Oreo 8.1 becouse all that beauty like LegionOS 3.12 android 11 even with Magisk the true junk.
AND DO NOT FORGET TO PATCH YOUR boot.img With Magisk and use boot_patched.img
AND IT WILL WILL BOOTLOOP AGAIN AND AGAIN AND GO RECOCERY and enjoy with "Grafic test"..
and get mad and "Wipe data Factory reset"
and "Reboot system Now"..
I instal all that to "a" and "b" day after day a long week "Fastboot - Rabbit" only help me

HRSE

Feb 24, 2013
Singapore
@LUCY YISRAEL I suspect a lot of people cannot understand what you are trying to say.
  • This thread is to share the download links of official Xiaomi Mi A2 fastboot images. You can post some questions here, but don't expect much help. You better start a new thread under Questions & Answers subforum.
  • Try to express your requests/problems in point form, state clearly what you have, what you want, what you've done, what is not as expected.
  • FYI personally I hate all those people who cook up a custom ROM with glittering UI effects then put on a fancy name, claiming it's the best, and even label it OFFICIAL in bold. Many users are attracted by those no-quality-control ROMs, get nuked, then run around screaming at Magisk and phone OEM and game developers.
  • If you insist on Android 6, you should buy a second hand phone that was first released 5 years ago.
  • If you want to play game on the go, get a handheld game console. For serious gaming, get a PC. Use the right tool for the job.

Last edited:

LUCY YISRAEL

Oct 7, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2

LUCY YISRAEL

Oct 7, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2
@LUCY YISRAEL I suspect a lot of people cannot understand what you are trying to say.
  • This thread is to share the download links of official Xiaomi Mi A2 fastboot images. You can post some questions here, but don't expect much help. You better start a new thread under Questions & Answers subforum.
  • Try to express your requests/problems in point form, state clearly what you have, what you want, what you've done, what is not as expected.
  • FYI personally I hate all those people who cook up a custom ROM with glittering UI effects then put on a fancy name, claiming it's the best, and even label it OFFICIAL in bold. Many users are attracted by those no-quality-control ROMs, get nuked, then run around screaming at Magisk and phone OEM and game developers.
  • If you insist on Android 6, you should buy a second hand phone that was first released 5 years ago.
  • If you want to play game on the go, get a handheld game console. For serious gaming, get a PC. Use the right tool for the job.

• WHAT YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND,
MY DEVICE IS XIAOMI MI A2 RAM 6GB ROM 128 GB AND YOUR DEVICE WHAT SAMSUNG MAYBE CUZ YOU NEVER TRY INSTALL THAT SHARED IMAGES FOR REAL BOOTLOOP :-D
I FOUND THIS ONE STABLE ROM 8.1 https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/jasmine/stable/V9.6.17.0.ODIMIFE/

Tianhe

Mar 16, 2011
Considering that A2 is at EOL now and support / updates have ceased, which is the most stable firmware/build to remain on ? Opinions are welcome to arrive at a consensus on the most bug free build for using the phone as a daily drier

HRSE

Feb 24, 2013
Singapore
Was on a rooted build earlier, shifted to ppui. Had to use too many hacks/workarounds with magisk to hide root for some apps. Thinking of relocking bootloader and running fully official build now.
Personally I think you will need to spend some effort if you root your phone (I mean for the long run, not the initial effort to root) because the apps and google play service will still update regularly even if there's no more ROM update. But if you only use basic apps (maps, uber/grab/gojek...) then probably you don't need to worry if MagiskHide is still working properly or not. The reason I asked about root/xposed was because some magisk/xposed modules or some combination of them might make your phone unstable.

Normally if you run stock ROM without any "funny tweaks" then there's no issue. The guys at Xiaomi did their testing before releasing to the whole world. Jumping to some 3rd-party fancy-named latest-Android weekly-build ROM is the same as asking for problem. However, I'm not saying stock ROM is bug-free. If you encounter some issue with the stock ROM under certain special usage scenario, and you can't live with it, then no choice but to venture.

Last edited:

Tianhe

Mar 16, 2011
Personally I think you will need to spend some effort if you root your phone (I mean for the long run, not the initial effort to root) because the apps and google play service will still update regularly even if there's no more ROM update. But if you only use basic apps (maps, uber/grab/gojek...) then probably you don't need to worry if MagiskHide is still working properly or not. The reason I asked about root/xposed was because some magisk/xposed modules or some combination of them might make your phone unstable.

Normally if you run stock ROM without any "funny tweaks" then there's no issue. The guys at Xiaomi did their testing before releasing to the whole world. Jumping to some 3rd-party fancy-named latest-Android weekly-build ROM is the same as asking for problem. However, I'm not saying stock ROM is bug-free. If you encounter some issue with the stock ROM under certain special usage scenario, and you can't live with it, then no choice but to venture.
Indeed it's an effort to use rooted phone with magisk. It is a constant game of cat & mouse of hiding root from some apps and passing safety net.

The best course of option for me now would be to use 2 phones - one with root/magisk/riru/lsposed etc. The other i.e. A2 will be on stock with locked BL for apps which flatly refuse to run on UBL/root.

I know Xiaomi tests their global firmware update before release - yet some builds introduce critical bugs e.g. wifi disconnection, battery drain etc. Just wanted to get a popular opinion on the best build. Any pointers ?

HRSE

Feb 24, 2013
Singapore
Indeed it's an effort to use rooted phone with magisk. It is a constant game of cat & mouse of hiding root from some apps and passing safety net.

The best course of option for me now would be to use 2 phones - one with root/magisk/riru/lsposed etc. The other i.e. A2 will be on stock with locked BL for apps which flatly refuse to run on UBL/root.

I know Xiaomi tests their global firmware update before release - yet some builds introduce critical bugs e.g. wifi disconnection, battery drain etc. Just wanted to get a popular opinion on the best build. Any pointers ?
I haven't updated my old A2 for a year, it's just lying in the drawer as a backup in case I mess up with my new phone (yes it happened before).
I didn't see any issue with my old A2 during its 2 years of service. Actually I think the screen size and thickness and weight of A2 is optimal for me, just a shame that the battery is bloated that I have to buy a new phone (background info: I have zero game in my phone, bootloader unlocked, stock ROM, Magisk with several modules, no xposed, debloated).
I always wonder how people can conclude that some ROM causes battery drain instead of the apps they installed in their phones. What's their method of testing? Is it a clean flash (erase all data)? Do they install any battery monitoring app and leave the phone unused overnight to find out the battery usage? Do they have any Magisk/xposed module installed? (these modules also consume battery but they never show up in the battery stats). Do they calibrate the battery before collecting the stats? Also bear in mind that weak WiFi and weak network signal also drain the battery.
During the 2 years, I always came to this forum to see if anyone reported any issue before flashing the new version of ROM, but I didn't see any conclusive report whether some specific ROM version was bad, except for the rolled-back versions.

Tianhe

Mar 16, 2011
I haven't updated my old A2 for a year, it's just lying in the drawer as a backup in case I mess up with my new phone (yes it happened before).
I didn't see any issue with my old A2 during its 2 years of service. Actually I think the screen size and thickness and weight of A2 is optimal for me, just a shame that the battery is bloated that I have to buy a new phone (background info: I have zero game in my phone, bootloader unlocked, stock ROM, Magisk with several modules, no xposed, debloated).
I always wonder how people can conclude that some ROM causes battery drain instead of the apps they installed in their phones. What's their method of testing? Is it a clean flash (erase all data)? Do they install any battery monitoring app and leave the phone unused overnight to find out the battery usage? Do they have any Magisk/xposed module installed? (these modules also consume battery but they never show up in the battery stats). Do they calibrate the battery before collecting the stats? Also bear in mind that weak WiFi and weak network signal also drain the battery.
During the 2 years, I always came to this forum to see if anyone reported any issue before flashing the new version of ROM, but I didn't see any conclusive report whether some specific ROM version was bad, except for the rolled-back versions.

While coming to a conclusion about specific battery drain is hard even if one uses apps such as better battery stats, you can get a fair idea if battery drain in there in an update. I can say this because generally people do not tend to install a bunch of new apps/modules after a security patch. So before and after installing an update the app list as well as the usage scenario remains pretty much the same. Then it all comes downs to much battery you were losing before and after the update (which again is individual specific but you do get an idea).

And for people who are using Magisk etc. or altering system files, they will be aware about things like whether weak wifi / network will cause battery drain or not. For phones running MIUI, the first thing I do on a new phone is run ADB debloater to disable apps and save battery.

Again, a matter of perception regarding the builds and it's uses for an individual.

N.B. - Of course, my entire hypothesis is based on official builds; custom ROMs have too many variables. And my MI A2 is in pretty much the same state as yours !

HRSE

Feb 24, 2013
Singapore
While coming to a conclusion about specific battery drain is hard even if one uses apps such as better battery stats, you can get a fair idea if battery drain in there in an update. I can say this because generally people do not tend to install a bunch of new apps/modules after a security patch. So before and after installing an update the app list as well as the usage scenario remains pretty much the same. Then it all comes downs to much battery you were losing before and after the update (which again is individual specific but you do get an idea).

And for people who are using Magisk etc. or altering system files, they will be aware about things like whether weak wifi / network will cause battery drain or not. For phones running MIUI, the first thing I do on a new phone is run ADB debloater to disable apps and save battery.

Again, a matter of perception regarding the builds and it's uses for an individual.

N.B. - Of course, my entire hypothesis is based on official builds; custom ROMs have too many variables. And my MI A2 is in pretty much the same state as yours !
Very few people include battery stats together with their battery drain report, but I hope they know what they're doing as you said, instead of relying on the screen on time and battery percentage and gut feeling.

Have you heard about "cmd package bg-dexopt-job"?

Tianhe

Mar 16, 2011
Very few people include battery stats together with their battery drain report, but I hope they know what they're doing as you said, instead of relying on the screen on time and battery percentage and gut feeling.

Have you heard about "cmd package bg-dexopt-job"?

Yes, I have heard of it and from what I understand broadly it helps in app optimization after an update. Doesn't the relevant magisk module do the same thing i.e. optimization of apps before and after the update ? (This is only for magisk users though)

HRSE

Feb 24, 2013
Singapore
Yes, I have heard of it and from what I understand broadly it helps in app optimization after an update. Doesn't the relevant magisk module do the same thing i.e. optimization of apps before and after the update ? (This is only for magisk users though)
Is there such a magisk module? I have to run that using Automagic scheduled task because I use advanced charging controller acc and the default condition to trigger that command never happens for me.

Tianhe

Mar 16, 2011
Is there such a magisk module? I have to run that using Automagic scheduled task because I use advanced charging controller acc and the default condition to trigger that command never happens for me.
Check out Universal GMS Doze on Github. It's for Google services though; there used to be another for app optimization but I can't remember it now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts