Fastboot mode Troubleshooting [windows users]

Search This thread

kickyvivi

Jul 14, 2016
Trivandrum
Troubleshoot guide for updating the adb and fastboot drivers manually in a PC running any version of windows

First, try updating your drivers through windows update automatically. If the drivers are installed and still fastboot commands are not working, then follow these steps:

Pre-requisites:
* PC running windows 7/8/10
* Internet connection (just 20MB)
* Working USB cable

Steps:

(1) Download the [OFFICIAL][TOOL][WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3 from XDA
Link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

(2) Install it with "Y" confirmation for all 3 options and reboot the PC

(3) Disable the internet connection of your pc

(4) Reboot your phone to fastboot mode and plug it to your PC's USB 2.0 port (important)

(5) Open device manager on PC and scan for hardware changes from the option if your device is not listed already

(6) If it shows 'Asus android device' -> "ASUS Android Bootloader Interface', right click on it and uninstall device with the 'delete the driver software' option ticked.
(screenshot 1 & 2)

(7) Now scan for hardware changes (magnifying glass icon)

(8) It will show 'Android' with an ! symbol
(screenshot 3)

(9) Right click -> Update driver -> Browse my computer for driver software

(10) Choose "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

(11) Choose "Android device" or "Asus android device" or similar option and confirm it with Yes or Next option
(screenshot 4)

(12) A warning will pop up, press 'Yes'

Done

(13) Go to adb folder -> shift+right-click and open cmd or powershell window -> type "fastboot devices" without the quotes and you will see your device listed.

Attachments

• 1_set.jpg
    1_set.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 2,289
  • 3_set.jpg
    3_set.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2,264
  • 4_set.jpg
    4_set.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 2,263
  • 2_set.jpg
    2_set.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 2,169
Last edited:

Divyajeet90

Nov 28, 2019
troubleshoot guide for updating the adb and fastboot drivers manually in a pc running any version of windows

first, try updating your drivers through windows update automatically. If the drivers are installed and still fastboot commands are not working, then follow these steps:

pre-requisites:
* pc running windows 7/8/10
* internet connection (just 20mb)
* working usb cable

steps:

(1) download the [official][tool][windows] adb, fastboot and drivers - 15 seconds adb installer v1.4.3 from xda
link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

(2) install it with "y" confirmation for all 3 options and reboot the pc

(3) disable the internet connection of your pc

(4) reboot your phone to fastboot mode and plug it to your pc's usb 2.0 port (important)

(5) open device manager on pc and scan for hardware changes from the option if your device is not listed already

(6) if it shows 'asus android device' -> "asus android bootloader interface', right click on it and uninstall device with the 'delete the driver software' option ticked.
(screenshot 1 & 2)

(7) now scan for hardware changes (magnifying glass icon)

(8) it will show 'android' with an ! Symbol
(screenshot 3)

(9) right click -> update driver -> browse my computer for driver software

(10) choose "let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

(11) choose "android device" or "asus android device" or similar option and confirm it with yes or next option
(screenshot 4)

(12) a warning will pop up, press 'yes'

done

(13) go to adb folder -> shift+right-click and open cmd or powershell window -> type "fastboot devices" without the quotes and you will see your device listed.

bro i have done everything you said, also i followed some youtube videos for help, also when i type "fastboot devices" it shows my device attached but when i try to execute something, my phone says "press any button to shutdown".....i want to flash my phone please help me........because somehow my phone got bricked after flashing latest havoc os 3.0 through twrp .

I follow xda for everything
looking forward for a quick response : - )

Reactions: immortal noob

harsh.gautam

May 23, 2015
Varanasi
bro i have done everything you said, also i followed some youtube videos for help, also when i type "fastboot devices" it shows my device attached but when i try to execute something, my phone says "press any button to shutdown".....i want to flash my phone please help me........because somehow my phone got bricked after flashing latest havoc os 3.0 through twrp .

I am having same problem... Did you find any solution for it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Troubleshoot guide for updating the adb and fastboot drivers manually in a PC running any version of windows

First, try updating your drivers through windows update automatically. If the drivers are installed and still fastboot commands are not working, then follow these steps:

Pre-requisites:
    * PC running windows 7/8/10
    * Internet connection (just 20MB)
    * Working USB cable

Steps:

(1) Download the [OFFICIAL][TOOL][WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3 from XDA
    Link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

(2) Install it with "Y" confirmation for all 3 options and reboot the PC

(3) Disable the internet connection of your pc

(4) Reboot your phone to fastboot mode and plug it to your PC's USB 2.0 port (important)

(5) Open device manager on PC and scan for hardware changes from the option if your device is not listed already

(6) If it shows 'Asus android device' -> "ASUS Android Bootloader Interface', right click on it and uninstall device with the 'delete the driver software' option ticked.
    (screenshot 1 & 2)

(7) Now scan for hardware changes (magnifying glass icon)

(8) It will show 'Android' with an ! symbol
    (screenshot 3)

(9) Right click -> Update driver -> Browse my computer for driver software

(10) Choose "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

(11) Choose "Android device" or "Asus android device" or similar option and confirm it with Yes or Next option
    (screenshot 4)

(12) A warning will pop up, press 'Yes'

Done

(13) Go to adb folder -> shift+right-click and open cmd or powershell window -> type "fastboot devices" without the quotes and you will see your device listed.
    Nice... Thanks for the guide... Many people needed it... Was about to make one myself...
    troubleshoot guide for updating the adb and fastboot drivers manually in a pc running any version of windows

first, try updating your drivers through windows update automatically. If the drivers are installed and still fastboot commands are not working, then follow these steps:

pre-requisites:
    * pc running windows 7/8/10
    * internet connection (just 20mb)
    * working usb cable

steps:

(1) download the [official][tool][windows] adb, fastboot and drivers - 15 seconds adb installer v1.4.3 from xda
    link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

(2) install it with "y" confirmation for all 3 options and reboot the pc

(3) disable the internet connection of your pc

(4) reboot your phone to fastboot mode and plug it to your pc's usb 2.0 port (important)

(5) open device manager on pc and scan for hardware changes from the option if your device is not listed already

(6) if it shows 'asus android device' -> "asus android bootloader interface', right click on it and uninstall device with the 'delete the driver software' option ticked.
    (screenshot 1 & 2)

(7) now scan for hardware changes (magnifying glass icon)

(8) it will show 'android' with an ! Symbol
    (screenshot 3)

(9) right click -> update driver -> browse my computer for driver software

(10) choose "let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

(11) choose "android device" or "asus android device" or similar option and confirm it with yes or next option
    (screenshot 4)

(12) a warning will pop up, press 'yes'

done

(13) go to adb folder -> shift+right-click and open cmd or powershell window -> type "fastboot devices" without the quotes and you will see your device listed.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone