Fastboot not detected on Note 9 Pro (joyeuse)

Search This thread

Knoppersd

Apr 28, 2021
Hi guys,

i hope anyone has a solution for me here.
So i have this weired case where the phone shows up in ADB but not in fast boot in the windows device manager when using the Recovery/Fastboot mode.
I already tested 3 different PCs and multiple cables. I as well got lucky and a friend of mine got a note 9 as well. With this the Fastboot and ADB show so it shouldn´t be a driver issue.

Can anyone help me with this problem because i would have wanted to get TWRP on this phone.

Knoppersd

Apr 28, 2021
You need to install the driver.
Without it, the phone is only detected in adb:
Don't forget to disable Driver Digital Signature enforcing in Win10.
As I wrote before, I got 2x the same Phone on hand one gets recognized and all by windows and shows up with the correct device driver in fastboot. The other phone doesn't show a thing, windows isn't even recognizing that it got connected in fastboot.

Strange is that the phone that doesn't get recognized in fastboot mode does get recognized in edl and adb mode.

So in the end I am looking for an information if this could be fixed or if the main board is some kind of damaged.

Master Gunner

Oct 15, 2015
As I wrote before, I got 2x the same Phone on hand one gets recognized and all by windows and shows up with the correct device driver in fastboot. The other phone doesn't show a thing, windows isn't even recognizing that it got connected in fastboot.

Strange is that the phone that doesn't get recognized in fastboot mode does get recognized in edl and adb mode.

So in the end I am looking for an information if this could be fixed or if the main board is some kind of damaged.
I got the same issue but by installing the above driver and changing the new type-C cable.... helped me and solved my problem......