Fastboot not finding device

Search This thread

Gearninja

Mar 6, 2022
Hey, I just bought an S7 Edge SM-G950U, the att&t version, SM-G950A. I heard some say that it's not possible to unlock its bootloader, but the OEM unlock option turned out to be available in developer options. However, I'm having a hard time properly installing its drivers, whichever adb driver I use, the driver still shows a yellow warning and the error is that the device can't be started. The device shows up with adb devices when the device is on, but it doesn't neither with fastboot devices nor adb devices when it's in download mode. I'm trying to install TWRP, the hero 2 version. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

xXx yYy

Feb 4, 2017
If you in Windows Device Manager find any device with yellow mark right on the device, then the driver installed for it isn't suitable: uninstall it, get Samsung USB Driver and install it.

Samsung devices don't know of a Fastboot mode: there it's called Download mode. You can't run any Fastboot command in this mode.

ADB operates on Android OS, not on device's bootloader, hence it's not working when running the device in Download mode.

Last edited:

Gearninja

Mar 6, 2022
Thanks for the prompt reply. I used a different laptop and managed to install the drivers properly, no warnings. However, the result is the same. You mention how I can't run fastboot commands in Download mode, where can I run them? Only Odin is working in that mode now, but I gotta try to unlock the bootloader. A lot of people are saying that this model can't be unlocked, even though the OEM unlock checkbook in the Developer settings is there. Any advice is appreciated